First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
This is one of those “Why?” videos.
What? You don't pull into Starbucks at a 45 degree angle? Lucky.

It's a joke but at the same time the Starbucks where I live is like the reverse of this. A steep drop into a steep driveway. I have to pull in sideways with my fusion to not drestroy both ends, lol. Finally the Mach E is my answer to safely getting coffee.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Wow, yes it did very well. If you watch his other videos, you see a lot of other SUVs that can't go any further and just spin their wheels or jerk back and forth trying to get up. It's a technical test because you go from 0-100% traction on each wheel in opposite fashion as you go up, so the AWD system has to be able to send 100% torque to one wheel. Ford is known for having some of the best AWD systems in small SUVs.

You can also see turning traction control off actually doesn't disable it fully, it just allows more wheelspin.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

It's a joke but at the same time the Starbucks where I live is like the reverse of this. A steep drop into a steep driveway. I have to pull in sideways with my fusion to not drestroy both ends, lol. Finally the Mach E is my answer to safely getting coffee.
Maybe, the Mach E actually has a slightly lower ground clearance compared to the Fusion. At least the 2014 that I traded in for this. I’m curious to see how it’s going to handle blizzard driving.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

? I see an Italian espresso machine in your future. Caffeinate safely!

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
You should have asked me before. I got one of those tests unintentionally. Two days after I bought the car, I did bring it for state inspection. I'm not sure what the tech was thinking and why he needed to lift a brand new car. The problem was that he only position the lift arms on one side. He realized his mistake hen the car was almost one foot off the ground and from me going crazy seeing that from outside the garage.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Maybe, the Mach E actually has a slightly lower ground clearance compared to the Fusion. At least the 2014 that I traded in for this. I’m curious to see how it’s going to handle blizzard driving.
Maybe I'll just throw some wood boards in the back to be safe lol

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Now to make an off-Road version w/ plenty of ground clearance.. it will be worthwhile.
Sponsored