Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's exactly what I said a few posts back. I agree.
I am entirely skeptical of these numbers. Why not 269, or 271?
I'm pretty sure this is just a prelim window sticker with the targets as a placeholder.

OP hasn't revealed where he saw this either, unless I missed that.
The Ford insiders here as well as Ford execs have been insisting the EPA numbers would come in at the targets or better. The lowest range car (SR AWD) came in at 211 vs 210. The uppermost range car (ER RWD) came in at 302 vs 300. Those same insiders are insisting that the 270 number is "real". The sticker has the current pricing and information on it, and also came from an obvious inside source.

If anything interpolating from those 2 values suggests that 270 is LOW by 1.5 mi. So, exactly how far off of 270 will you accept? 271? 272? What difference would it make? Just so you can continue the arguing and angst?

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
As an insider (and not the source of the sticker) I feel we should respect the OPs decision not to reveal where he got non-public information.

@methorian, we know the sticker is real.
Thanks ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Hmmm, exactly 270. That suspicious, very suspicious. ? I wonder what their adjustment factor was. How high could they have made it, OR did they go higher/lower than Tesla does to get that number? ?

I wonder if they could have gone higher.
Or maybe, just maybe, they engineered the car to get .... 270. And then just like a miracle, they got 270! Imagine that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I compare the 2021 MME to my 2006 Toyota Tacoma. The MME wins hands down in every category except hauling a scoop of gravel. ;)
I use my F150 to haul my dive gear. While a Mach E can handle the load, one thing it can't do it help me clean it, by going through a drive thru car wash with stuff in the bed ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I use my F150 to haul my dive gear. While a Mach E can handle the load, one thing it can't do it help me clean it, by going through a drive thru car wash with stuff in the bed ;)
If you get the hot wax it acts like mask defog.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
As the automakers themselves submit their testing, under EPA agreed protocols, I'm sure Ford has known for some time what the ranges would come in at. They have to wait regardless for the EPA to certify them. Being in government myself I can tell you the motivation to do things quicker and more efficient isn't rewarded like it is in the private sector. Don't get me wrong, most civil servants are diligent and good workers, but Covid has slowed alot of things down. EPA is no different and I'm sure they certified them as quickly as possible, but no automaker can print those labels until the proper approval. So while we on the forum would like everything at the speed of light, it doesn't always work out that way. I don't look at the Range thread and uproar that the partial information caused as a negative, but rather an energized, inquisitive and engaged consumer of Ford's new product. It's really impressive how tenacious we forum members are. I don't think I'm alone in breathing a sigh of relief that the numbers are verified. It's makes the MachE fit much better with our driving scenario. Now in 2-4 years these numbers will be an electron hog! Until then we'll enjoy.

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The Ford insiders here as well as Ford execs have been insisting the EPA numbers would come in at the targets or better. The lowest range car (SR AWD) came in at 211 vs 210. The uppermost range car (ER RWD) came in at 302 vs 300. Those same insiders are insisting that the 270 number is "real". The sticker has the current pricing and information on it, and also came from an obvious inside source.

If anything interpolating from those 2 values suggests that 270 is LOW by 1.5 mi. So, exactly how far off of 270 will you accept? 271? 272? What difference would it make? Just so you can continue the arguing and angst?
Sorry, I'm not here to argue with anybody. I did not know that the other two trims were revealed as well, nor that there is more than one insider among you all to confirm it. So with that new information, I'll rescind my claim.

And believe me, I'm as happy as the rest of you that the numbers met their targets.
Sponsored