Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sorry, I'm not here to argue with anybody. I did not know that the other two trims were revealed as well, nor that there is more than one insider among you all to confirm it. So with that new information, I'll rescind my claim.

And believe me, I'm as happy as the rest of you that the numbers met their targets.
Sorry, I didn't mean to pick on you specifically; your post just happened to be handy. This debate has been going on for weeks, and a lot of people refused to accept the assurances of the insiders that everything was going to be fine. It's not anybody's fault; I for one am a diehard skeptic and pessimist. I howled along with everyone else when that initial emissions document came out, but after @trutolife27, @hybrid2bev, and others came out and said we were drawing incorrect conclusions and the numbers would be at or above targets I calmed down. They've been giving us solid intel for a long time, but as a newbie you weren't aware of that.

My apologies for jumping on you. I was out of line.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Sorry, I didn't mean to pick on you specifically; your post just happened to be handy. This debate has been going on for weeks, and a lot of people refused to accept the assurances of the insiders that everything was going to be fine. It's not anybody's fault; I for one am a diehard skeptic and pessimist. I howled along with everyone else when that initial emissions document came out, but after @trutolife27, @hybrid2bev, and others came out and said we were drawing incorrect conclusions and the numbers would be at or above targets I calmed down. They've been giving us solid intel for a long time, but as a newbie you weren't aware of that.

My apologies for jumping on you. I was out of line.
I understand! Thanks for that.
Yeah, I, too, was used to criticizing the recent information dumps, like the one with the pre-mature EPA numbers posted a couple weeks ago. This just felt like another one of those at first brush. I was ready to eyeroll and say "wait for the official announcement".

But, I'm very glad the numbers are as they are. And thank you to the OP for revealing it. @methorian

Now, I'm also looking forward to getting some more range when Ford unlocks the last 10 kwh some day, hopefully.

@ChasingCoral sorry, I'll take my tinfoil hat off now :)

Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
Ahhh.... but this applies to any BEV vehicle. If you charge your Mach-E, Kona, Tesla, or whatever to 100% all the time you will get slightly less battery longevity. Actually, all things equal, you get a better result with Mach-E because the buffer is bigger. Your Kona and Tesla battery take a bigger longevity hit.
The last tesla’s report I saw was telling that now we can charge battery at 100% without any constraints on the Y model...
Moreover with an EPA range of more than 300 for a AWD...
If it’s true I will certainly switch my MME reservation for a TMY !
One more point is that I’m beginning to be fed up with these pettiness of Ford on matrix headlight and towing limitations...and so on and so on.
Too bad because this MME has a beautiful look...but that’s not more enough for me anymore.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
The last tesla’s report I saw was telling that now we can charge battery at 100% without any constraints on the Y model...
One more point is that I’m beginning to be fed up with these pettiness of Ford on matrix headlight and towing limitations...and so on and so on.
Too bad because this MME has a beautiful look...but that’s not more enough for me anymore.
Thanks for letting us know. Hope it stays together for you. ?

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
There is less than a foot difference between the largest c-max & mach-e as there are more c-max variants than just what the USA got ?, if you stretch the wheel base to account for the batteries and increase the slope of the rear hatch of the grand c-max you have an overall silhouette similar to the original pre-mustang make over.
Can we stop comparing the Mach E to the super ugly C-Max(min)????? Please, it's not comparable and pretty frustrating to see them being compared constantly....

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Do you have a link for that, because my Model Y is still telling me 90% for day to day driving?

I'm not sure the point of this statement? So far I don't see any surprises here. Both cars continue to have their strong points.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope it stays together for you. ?
And Ford has had no recalls? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I get the folks who don't like the looks of a Tesla. That's totally subjective and in the eyes of the beholder. I get preferring the Mach-e over a Tesla. The Mach-e GT has some serious potential and I'm going to look very closely at trading in when I can finally look at a production model. But seriously, this having to jump on this "Teslas are crap" bandwagon whenever some news comes out you don't like is childish. Certainly there is an issue with a small number of Tesla's having build problems. I'll even stipulate that the number will be higher than that of the Mach-e. But surprisingly, My two Tesla's, along with everyone's Tesla's I personally know, have outstanding fit and finish. I'm more than happy to bet beers against anyone who wants to bring their Mach-e to compare fit and finish against my Model Y. Maybe you'll win; I'd like that actually. But I promise you your Mach-e is going to have to work for this win.

That's actually a great idea anyways. I've offered this before and no one has taken me up on it: Why doesn't someone in the Portland area getting a Mach-e plan on doing a side by side efficiency test with my Model Y Performance? My car is only rated at 280 miles of range, so it should give everyone here a great real world range comparison. The results should be pretty darned close. We can meet at a destination charger, both charge to 90% while we look at each other's cars, and then drive side by side for 30 miles at 70 mph. Then we will have a real, no-shit, range comparison. Because let's face it, "Real world" drive tests on Youtube are mostly worthless. There are way too many variables. If the test isn't side by side you can't know all the variables that were different. Plus, you want two drivers who are actually motivated to win. It's way too easy to skew the numbers on something like this.

Car forums should be fun. Excessive trash talking is simply pathetic and makes you look like you are very insecure about something. This thread is supposed to be about the Mach-e EPA range? Why does every thread like this have to devolve in to "But Teslas are crap!" Even if true, who the F%$# cares? Why the hell are people so nervous about the Mach-e that they have to constantly throw stones at Tesla? Be a little more secure in your choice of cars.

Yes, the AWD Y slaughters the AWD E in EPA range numbers. So what? First, pretty much everyone knew that going in. Second, we've pretty much established that very well might not hold up in the real world. So, this is a car forum. We have a bunch of members getting Mach-Es soon. We have at least one member with a Y. Why are people waiting for some Youtuber? Aren't we car guys??? How about we do the test ourselves instead of talking so much trash?

Last edited:

Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
Do you have a link for that, because my Model Y is still telling me 90% for day to day driving?

As usual, easy to give an information and it’s still so difficult to find it back ...So I am searching where I saw it...

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Car forums should be fun. Excessive trash talking is simply pathetic and makes you look like you are very insecure about something. This thread is supposed to be about the Mach-e EPA range? Why does every thread like this have to devolve in to "But Teslas are crap!" Even if true, who the F%$# cares? Why the hell are people so nervous about the Mach-e that they have to constantly throw stones at Tesla? Be a little more secure in your choice of cars.

Yes, the AWD Y slaughters the AWD E in EPA range numbers. So what? First, pretty much everyone knew that going in. Second, we've pretty much established that very well might not hold up in the real world. So, this is a car forum. We have a bunch of members getting Mach-Es soon. We have at least one member with a Y. Why are people waiting for some Youtuber? Aren't we car guys??? How about we do the test ourselves instead of talking so much trash?
Not sure where did you read so much trash talk about Tesla? Though I am here only maybe for a month or so, but I am actually surprised how little trash talking about Tesla on this forum. Mostly there is a talk about build and paint problems with T, a look and minimalistic interior and that's that. It's impossible to argue Tesla M3 and MY beats all the comparable models of Mach E technically in a big way, it will be hard to argue with that - maybe that's where insecurity coming from? :) My friend who bought MY few months ago was looking at me like he could not believe it when I told him I ordered Mach E (yes, he is familiar with look and specs of Mach E) - he probably lost all the good opinions about me after that claim :) He didn't even try to convince me towards Model Y because he seems like could not grasp the idea of sane man to make such insane thing :) Anyway, I probably over-exaggerate. But... If Tesla was so bad, they would not sell 400K cars this year, I would not be surrounded by Teslas on all the sides in parking lots and would not say "omg, Tesla again!" so often :) My daughter's friend, when she learned I am thinking about buying an EV, told her - I hope your dad is not buying Tesla, because it is such a cliche :) Honestly... my choice mostly because of a look - I just can't stand Model Y - reminds me a pregnant bean (I kind of like Model S though) - Mach E, for me, is beautiful, imho )I alos know it's totally subjective, but I am buying car for myself and not because of somebody's opinion) and all the specs and the interior and the build quality I saw is pretty good, so I think I made my choice. But I can totally understand why so many people chose Tesla - by specs it beats almost every other EV by a lot, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As usual, easy to give an information and it’s still so difficult to find it back ...So I am searching where I saw it...
I gotta tell you, I am VERY skeptical. I will await your link, but this makes zero sense to me.

I see no pettiness here. The Mach-e isn't rated to tow in the USA. Many cars and crossovers aren't. If you need to tow and you're going to have only one rig, then yes, the Mach-e is a very poor choice. Even though the Y tows, I still have to keep an extra rig because my boat weighs over well over the Y's 3500# towing limit. As far as the matrix headlights, this isn't any problem with Ford. It's a US bureaucracy problem over here, and in Europe at least Ford offers it on some models. I could be wrong but I don't believe Tesla offers them at all, so this is a win in the Ford column.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I gotta tell you, I am VERY skeptical. I will await your link, but this makes zero sense to me.

I see no pettiness here. The Mach-e isn't rated to tow in the USA. Many cars and crossovers aren't. If you need to tow and you're going to have only one rig, then yes, the Mach-e is a very poor choice. Even though the Y tows, I still have to keep an extra rig because my boat weighs over well over the Y's 3500# towing limit. As far as the matrix headlights, this isn't any problem with Ford. It's a US bureaucracy problem over here, and in Europe at least Ford offers it on some models. I could be wrong but I don't believe Tesla offers them at all, so this is a win in the Ford column.
He’s in France. Matrix headlights are model dependent and not an option on the “lower” trim iirc. Towing has a very low rating, something like 750 kg — enough for a bike rack and little else really.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure where did you read so much trash talk about Tesla? Though I am here only maybe for a month or so, but I am actually surprised how little trash talking about Tesla on this forum.
Just reading this thread... this forum used to be a lot better and the Tesla forums used to be a lot worse. Now the roles have reversed. (Although, clearly, there are still Tesla fanboys.)

Honestly... my choice mostly because of a look - I just can't stand Model Y - reminds me a pregnant bean (I kind of like Model S though) - Mach E, for me, is beautiful, imho )I alos know it's totally subjective, but I am buying car for myself and not because of somebody's opinion)
Bingo! You don't like the looks of the Y and you are the only one who's taste counts in your decision. That is exactly how it should be. If we are limited in how many cars we can have, we have to consider both practicality and emotion. (I do have one buddy that buys as many cars as tickles his fancy.) What car meets my needs best, not which car has this or that spec. What car do I find attractive, what car lights up my enthusiasm? These are important things and exactly why there is more than one car in the world.
Sponsored