Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
According the German Automobile Club (ADAC) the MME is a dangerous car by swerving out too much in the Moos Test. (and failed according ADAC) Read here (sorry German Only, but translate might help ;-) ). ADAC has also some sweet word for the MME...
ADAC protested by Ford Germany and as a result every MME owner(new and old) will receive an obligatory OTA to dampen this behaviour, for which the Mach-E set itself apart from the competition and is 1 of the USP's. This will take place in Q1-22 according Ford Motor Company.

So, what do you think?
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
The car was designed this way, so very annoyed they are gonna "fix" this. No more drifting for EU cars ?

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
The moose test seems relatively worthless in reality given that active braking is part of any evasive maneuver similar to avoiding a large animal. Also, according to the video I watched the mme failed it horribly while the model y was superb… but the difference in their performance was about 4 mph, if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
Waps61

Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
For the ones that are interested in the Moos Test see the youtube channel from km77

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Just fit better tires on the Mach-E and the problem is solved.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Not sure why this is a test.

Never swerve, hit the moose.
have you ever seen a moose in person?

If a mach e ever hit a moose at speed (the speeds they are testing) I am fairly certain who ever is in the front two seats will be killed.

Granted not a great test.. I don't think the moose test should be a make or break test for a car either.

Just don't hit a moose in your car.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
According the German Automobile Club (ADAC) the MME is a dangerous car by swerving out too much in the Moos Test. (and failed according ADAC) Read here (sorry German Only, but translate might help ;-) ). ADAC has also some sweet word for the MME...
ADAC protested by Ford Germany and as a result every MME owner(new and old) will receive an obligatory OTA to dampen this behaviour, for which the Mach-E set itself apart from the competition and is 1 of the USP's. This will take place in Q1-22 according Ford Motor Company.

So, what do you think?
Makes me wonder how the Michelin tires compare to the Bridgestones in Europe and what drive mode they had the car in. It's well stated in the manual the Unbridled mode loosens the transaction control compared to engage/whisper modes

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Looks like Engaged
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E fails Moose test and OTA ESP required 1637010344375

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
have you ever seen a moose in person?

If a mach e ever hit a moose at speed (the speeds they are testing) I am fairly certain who ever is in the front two seats will be killed.

Granted not a great test.. I don't think the moose test should be a make or break test for a car either.

Just don't hit a moose in your car.
Since you asked. Yes, I have seen them. My childhood bedroom even had a full moose head in it.

Of course you should try not to hit them. But again, never swerve. Swerving to avoid animals is more dangerous than just braking. And you’re just as likely to swerve into them. It’s not like they just stand still like the cones in the stupid moose test.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Since you asked. Yes, I have seen them. My childhood bedroom even had a full moose head in it.

Of course you should try not to hit them. But again, never swerve. Swerving to avoid animals is more dangerous than just braking. And you’re just as likely to swerve into them. It’s not like they just stand still like the cones in the stupid moose test.
Few moose but many deer in my area, I remember a discussion with an insurance agent when he told me to hit them. If you swerve to avoid and lose control it's your fault if you hit a deer it's not your fault. That's in my state yours may be different

OP
OP
Waps61

Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
Hitting a deer or moose at 60mph is in the benefit of the insurer. Pay-out for a stiff is probably less expensive then when you survive and get hospitalised plus all the expenses for car and environment repair.... So better swerve around
Sponsored