Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
1. Can I handle the purchase of my Mustang Mach-E online?

In late 2020, you will be able to order your new vehicle online but you must discuss final transaction pricing, any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle at your preferred EV Certified Ford Dealer. You may also go in person to a certified EV dealer to order and purchase your vehicle. On November 17, 2019, when the Reservation site opens, you will be able to configure a vehicle, make a reservation deposit and select the certified EV dealer of your choice.Ā¹ You may also configure your vehicle, and pay a Reservation Deposit in person at a certified EV dealer.Ā¹

2. Can I buy a Mustang Mach-E at any Ford dealer?

You can only purchase a Mustang Mach-E from an EV Certified Ford Dealer.

3. What is the warranty on the Mustang Mach-E?

Our New Vehicle Limited Warranty will help give you peace of mind with the following:

• Electric Unique Component coverage: 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) retaining a minimum of 70% of its original capacity over that periodĀ²
  • Powertrain coverage: 5 years / 60,000 miles (non high-voltage components)Ā²
  • Bumper to Bumper coverage: 3 years / 36,000 milesĀ²
  • Safety Restraint System coverage: 5 years / 60,000 milesĀ²
  • Corrosion coverage (Perforation only): 5 years / unlimited milesĀ²
  • Electric Vehicle Roadside Assistance Program: 5 years / 60,000 milesĀ²
4. What can I do to help maximize my range?

a) Use Departure Times to begin cabin conditioning (heat or cool) while your vehicle is plugged in.Ā³ This helps ensure that your vehicle is ready for the upcoming drive and you do not use the battery to heat or cool the cabin at the beginning of your trip. You can set departure times in the vehicle or using the FordPass app(TM).ā“ āµ

b) Use your vehicleā€™s heated accessories rather than cranking up the heat in the cabin. Heated accessories (steering wheel, seats, etc.) use less energy than heating the entire cabin.

c) Practice eco-driving. Using eco-driving techniques can help maximize your rangeā¶ all year round. Some eco-driving tips include watching your speed and minimizing hard starts. You can also visit www.FuelEconomy.gov for more EV eco-driving tips.

d) Brush the snow off your car before driving. Snow or ice on your vehicle adds extra weight that your battery and electric motor have to move and increases aerodynamic drag by changing your vehicleā€™s profile. (It is also safer to drive without all that snow on your car.)

5. Can the batteries be recycled?

The batteries are recyclable. Ford will suggest recycling options for out-of-warranty batteries.

6. What type of battery does the Mustang Mach-E have?

The Mustang Mach-E comes equipped with a state-of-the-art 75.7 kWh or 98.8 kWh battery located under the vehicle. The battery is comprised of lithium ion battery cells with nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) cathode. The high-voltage battery system uses an advanced active liquid heating and cooling system to regulate high-voltage battery temperature and help maximize the performance of the high-voltage battery.
Note: The high-voltage battery does not require regular service maintenance.

7. What happens if I run out of charge on the road?

Ford EV Roadside Assistanceā· has you covered in the US for 5 years/60,000 miles (whichever comes first). You can choose where you would like to have your vehicle towed and recharged within 35 miles of your vehicle location: your home, a public charge station or a Ford dealership. If beyond 35 miles, Ford will take you to the nearest option. Some public chargers may require payment for use.

8. How can I charge my Mustang Mach-E at home?

Most charging is done at home. Your vehicle is equipped with a Ford Mobile Charger that is estimated to add an average range of 22 miles per charging hour through a 240V outlet.ā¶ The same Ford Mobile Charger is estimated to add an average range of three miles per charging hour on a 120V outlet and you can plug in just about anywhere.ā¶ For a faster home charge rate,ā· Ford recommends the available Ford Connected Charge Station that is wifi-enabled adding an estimated average range of 32 miles per charging hour through a 240V outlet for a full charge overnight.ā¶ You will be able to finance the Connected Charge Station at time of vehicle purchase. In the US, Ford offers a program with Amazon that makes home installation of a 240V outlet easy and convenient.

9. Where can I charge my car when Iā€™m not at home?

Ford will be providing owners two years of complimentary access to the FordPassTM Charging Networkā¹, the largest public charging network in North America with over 12,000 chargers and 35,000 plugĀ¹ā°, all accessible with the FordPassTM app and a single subscription.Ā¹Ā¹ This will include access to the Electrify America high-speed charging network. You also may have charging available at your place of work.

10. Will I be able to test drive the vehicle before I purchase?

Yes, Ford dealers who are EV Certified to sell the Mustang Mach-E will have at least one vehicle dedicated to test drive as soon as they are available (late 2020).

11. Will I need to download the FordPassā„¢ App when I purchase Mustang Mach-E?

Yes. The FordPassā„¢ app is an essential tool for every owner of the Mustang Mach-E.ā“ FordPass(TM) will allow owners to monitor the vehicleā€™s charge status, locate and pay for charging, precondition the vehicle, use Phone as a Key, monitor EV Roadside Assistance and much more.āµ

12. When will Ford release more information and specifications about Mustang Mach-E?

Ford will release periodic updates. Please click https://www.ford.com/powertrains/battery-electric-vehicles/keep-me-informed/ to be kept informed of the latest news.
Sponsored

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
This is very informative and helpful. Looks like Ford decided to this EV car right with warranties and chargers.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's not clear to me what is meant by two years of "complimentary access" to the FordPass charging network. They specifically don't say it's free charging for two years, just that you have access for two years. This implies there's a fee to continue using the FordPass after two years beyond what you would pay for the electrons.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Im going to take a wild guess and say since they are using Electrify America as their charging network. That you will have the Pass+ membership for free for 2years. Which will allow you not to spend the $5 a month for membership on top of what ever it cost to charge your vehicle.

This is the one thing I like about tesla you can get 1000 miles of free supercharging and I think they charge you by the kilowatt useage. I think in San Diego it is around $0.23 and I think the Chargepoint at Universal was $0.30

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Im going to take a wild guess and say since they are using Electrify America as their charging network. That you will have the Pass+ membership for free for 2years. Which will allow you not to spend the $5 a month for membership on top of what ever it cost to charge your vehicle.

This is the one thing I like about tesla you can get 1000 miles of free supercharging and I think they charge you by the kilowatt useage. I think in San Diego it is around $0.23 and I think the Chargepoint at Universal was $0.30
Seems like Byton is ambitious with their partnership with Electrify America by including unlimited 30min charging sessions. My personal preference would be for Ford to have something like Tesla that's either "miles" or an allotment of kWh to use.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Q1: Is there a spare tire in Mach E?
Q2: For 4WD model, can I turn off the front motor & use the rear model only for better range if I travel long distance?
Q3: Where is the 12v battery located?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Q1: Is there a spare tire in Mach E?
Q2: For 4WD model, can I turn off the front motor & use the rear model only for better range if I travel long distance?
Q3: Where is the 12v battery located?
Some of your questions have already been answered:
Q1: No
Q2: I haven't read about that but my guess would be No
Q3: Under the hood behind the frunk

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Does Ford publish a list of existing software fixes? I read somewhere on this forum that something was fixed and I won't mind reviewing a list of things I could request if they solved a problem I am having.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

wmaxwell7

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
volt orded a Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have a question I order ford mustang mach e select comfort appearance package ford changed my order to a 2022 does my order change change far has wheel painted roof 19n inch tires I will cancel and order a ice white package if it changes

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Do all Mache come with the kick sensor for the tailgate?
Not available on the California Rt 1, but optional on the Select. All others are standard

StarLog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Not available on the California Rt 1, but optional on the Select. All others are standard
How do we make it work on our GT in Florida. as I have tried several times with no open.
Does it need to be enabled on the big screen?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
How do we make it work on our GT in Florida. as I have tried several times with no open.
Does it need to be enabled on the big screen?
I don't have a car yet, so I'm not 100% but others have said that you stand directly behind where a tow hitch might be and kick inward so your foot goes directly under the bumper in an in and out motion. If that doesn't work, there might be something wrong with the sensor?
Sponsored