Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Premium, ER, RWD
Country flag
I've ordered a day 1 FE, but am really debating on switching over to a Model 3 LR. I'm tryna find an unbiased opinion on which may be the better long term investment? I couldn't find a specific comparison between these 2 styles. Someone help?
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
yeah there's a whole thread on this but the reality is we just don't know.

Right now I don't think you're going to find a good unbiased comparison on any point given that there haven't been any "unbiased" reviewers with access to the car.

(quotes are basically air quotes because I really don't think such a thing in possible when you're talking about something as emotional as cars - even folks like Consumer Reports are starting with a set of evaluation points that are by necessity biased, based on what they think are important evaluation points...)

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
I've ordered a day 1 FE, but am really debating on switching over to a Model 3 LR. I'm tryna find an unbiased opinion on which may be the better long term investment? I couldn't find a specific comparison between these 2 styles. Someone help?
Do you like start buttons?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Mach E has no actual reviews yet, just observations and expected specs. No one can give you a definitive answer. There is a ton of information in other threads based on actual tesla experience but nothing on Mach e experience. You're going to have to do a little work to figure it out for yourself; most people here will tell you to do what they're doing (get a mach e). None of them have ever driven one, so not really a true comparison.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Depending on what you consider long term. If by that you mean 10 years, it won't probably matter a whole lot . . . . even if one holds value better than the other, it won't be a very large variable.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
sorry, neither is an investment. You want an investment go buy a used Toyota and put your money in a 401k.

one is a car one is an SUV crossover.
tesla no tax credit.
After that, you can go to the ford and Telsa website and see what they do and don't have. Or there is a whole topic on this already. Good luck with your choice ? ? ? Mache

Last edited:

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I highly doubt you'll find an unbiased opinion anywhere, and very unlikely to find it here.

Tesla has been having a lot of quality control issues, maybe not as bad for the model 3 compared to the Y, but still think in the years to come, they won't be looked at favorably for resale.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The FE is a limited edition and the Model 3 is not, so if you want to preserve one with low miles of either as an investment that would most likely of the two to have an increase of value in 30 years. That said, far safer ways to invest, and it will be more likely which will depreciate the least...

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
For me I would get a model 3 if it had a bigger boot/trunk. Plus the Ford will have better build quality I would imagine.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I did comment earlier, but adding some numbers... the most common way for something to be an investment is if it's a collector's item, and for that to gain value it helps to be rare. Q3 of 2020 alone (of multiple years), Tesla delivered 139,300 units of the model 3. At most there will be between 3,000 and 10,000 units (more likely closer to 3,000) of the FE. Seems hightly unlikely the Model 3 will be rare enough to become a collector's edition.

That said, maybe "investment" doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to you.
Sponsored