TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was told it would have be a separate order from your car purchase. Same they told me for the interior mat package, which I forgot to add when I placed my order last fall.
I'm gonna order a 2nd fob too, and the floor mats. Just waiting until my FordPass points show up so I can use those up.
Sponsored

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
I wonder if EA is purposefully throttling charging rates. Honestly I would think this is a regulatory issue. Advertising 350Kwh and delivering 32kwh even in cold weather seems suspect to me. After all of these reports, sure seems like EA is running a shoddy business.
If anything, it should be easier to supply the advertised current in cold weather! The electrical resistance of copper and aluminum increases as the wires heat up. Cold wires allow electrons to flow more freely.

What possible motive could EA have for purposefully throttling charging rates? I'm thinking the variability in charge speeds at EA stations is a software issue. At some point in the future, it will suddenly become a lot more acceptable.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If anything, it should be easier to supply the advertised current in cold weather! The electrical resistance of copper and aluminum increases as the wires heat up. Cold wires allow electrons to flow more freely.
yes, but the performance of where those electrons go - the battery - gets significantly diminished in cold weather. AFAIK the car is more in control of signaling how much current it can take, and yes that is software. That software is responsible for protecting the battery from damage.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
yes, but the performance of where those electrons go - the battery - gets significantly diminished in cold weather. AFAIK the car is more in control of signaling how much current it can take, and yes that is software. That software is responsible for protecting the battery from damage.
True. I was responding to @Maric 's comment that it might be a regulatory issue that they were advertising more than they were delivering.
Sponsored