Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
So, to warm up the battery enough, you have to risk a speeding ticket or being charged with reckless operation? That's craptastic.

To my knowledge, there are only 2 states in the USA that have 80 mph speed limits. Montana and Nevada.
As a technicality, there are a few spots in Texas with a speed limit of 80 or 85. (The only 85 mph location is a specific portion of a toll road south of Austin.)
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, to warm up the battery enough, you have to risk a speeding ticket or being charged with reckless operation? That's craptastic.

To my knowledge, there are only 2 states in the USA that have 80 mph speed limits. Montana and Nevada.
And Utah, which happens to be where I'll commonly be driving 400 miles on my road trips.

Of course, it wasn't a controlled test of every 10 MPH or anything. Or of different outside temps. I think it was 35-40F outside through most of his drive. 70 MPH would probably be pretty close. He just happened to level off around 130 (80) and 160 (100) for significant stretches.

When it's 50F+ outside, 70 MPH is probably enough. And when it's 75F+ outside, it probably charges full speed without any driving.

And that was in the ID.3. May or may not be that way in the MME, but I'd guess it's close based on what we've been seeing in some cold charges reported here.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
So who's going to design the laminated card to hand over with your license explaining that you were just conditioning your battery, nothing to see here, have a nice day??‍♀

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag

Which is why Ford pushing out an update for the ability to heat the battery is pretty important to me.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

No. Tesla (and others) will warm up the batteries automatically if you have selected a supercharger as a navigation destination. Ford eventually will too, but they don't right now.

Last edited:

Mowgli

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Davidson Road King
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Ford told me you can only have one Paak which is why trying to set up a second phone maybe messing it up.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Are auto windscreen wipers ok? My current car is awful and annoys me every time it rains.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford told me you can only have one Paak which is why trying to set up a second phone maybe messing it up.
It's definitely supposed to handle multiple PAAKs. That's one of the main features - multiple profiles for multiple drivers (phones).

It only comes with one fob though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
One per fordpass user account?

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Are auto windscreen wipers ok? My current car is awful and annoys me every time it rains.
They are OK, but I do wish they would engage a littler earlier. I have it set on the most sensitive setting. Then again, I could say the same thing about our Audi Q7.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
And Utah, which happens to be where I'll commonly be driving 400 miles on my road trips.

Of course, it wasn't a controlled test of every 10 MPH or anything. Or of different outside temps. I think it was 35-40F outside through most of his drive. 70 MPH would probably be pretty close. He just happened to level off around 130 (80) and 160 (100) for significant stretches.

When it's 50F+ outside, 70 MPH is probably enough. And when it's 75F+ outside, it probably charges full speed without any driving.

And that was in the ID.3. May or may not be that way in the MME, but I'd guess it's close based on what we've been seeing in some cold charges reported here.
I didn't know Utah had 80mph limits. Good to know.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
As a technicality, there are a few spots in Texas with a speed limit of 80 or 85. (The only 85 mph location is a specific portion of a toll road south of Austin.)
I forgot about the sections that had the higher limits.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Do you have what your overall consumption (mi/kWh) and average speed for that trip? Sounds like a great test at 21F!
2.4 KW per mile and average speed was 52 mph.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

Texas - Toll Road 130 is 80 MPH on the North side of Austin, and 85 MPH in the South side of Austin.
Sponsored