trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Right about the 2:30 mark can see the height of the seat in model y. Model 3 does not have the raised platform and sits right on the underbody cross member 3#. For the model y, tesla made the raised platform.

Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That confused me too, since the Mach-e is more than 6" taller than the Model 3 and nearly the same height as the Model Y.

I think it's like he said... That question simply didn't make the cut. He said it felt fine to him, so I think I'll just dismiss the M3/MY comments. Without measurements it's just too subjective to try and compare something like that from memory, especially when not actively focusing on it. He was quite busy with everything else.

Mach-e and Model Y height and headroom numbers are listed nearly the same (within an inch), so makes sense that seating height is about the same too. No way to tell for sure though until we see one in person.
30 years in 4x4 pickup's I am not looking to be sitting on the ground any time soon. Their are pics around i just did a quick Photoshop overlay for a 1:1 visual. The rear bumper of the mach looks higher than the Y in the previous forum photo jdmrc93 re-posted.

MME looks like a more jacked up, better looking, slim Y; but Y for height. The 3 looks smaller and lower to get out of. Overall height MME 63" (64" Y, 57" M3) 1" shorter than the Y and 6" taller than the 3. Just wondered if his first impressions felt like he was getting out of a sedan but you are right your question did not make the cut ;).

It interests us as my wife no longer wants to use a ladder to get in and out and I do not like sitting on the ground. I think it is more SUV than sedan?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Right about the 2:30 mark can see the height of the seat in model y. Model 3 does not have the raised platform and sits right on the underbody cross member 3#. For the model y, tesla made the raised platform.
I have ridden and driven both the model y and model 3. I'm 6ft 1 myself 230 pounds. getting in and out of the model 3 was not fun.
Tesla has carpeted boxed in stilts and bolt 3's sedan seats to them (kind of 1/2A$$ and exactly what I did to bolt Carmeo bucket seats into a 1939) . MME we would assume the seats are made for the vehicle. The difference in getting out of a SUV and a sedan is noticeable to me.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
30 years in 4x4 pickup's I am not looking to be sitting on the ground any time soon. Their are pics around i just did a quick Photoshop overlay for a 1:1 visual. The rear bumper of the mach looks higher than the Y in the previous forum photo jdmrc93 re-posted.

MME looks like a more jacked up, better looking, slim Y; but Y for height. The 3 looks smaller and lower to get out of. Overall height MME 63" (64" Y, 57" M3) 1" shorter than the Y and 6" taller than the 3. Just wondered if his first impressions felt like he was getting out of a sedan but you are right your question did not make the cut ;).

It interests us as my wife no longer wants to use a ladder to get in and out and I do not like sitting on the ground. I think it is more SUV than sedan?
I've had both too (a truck and a low car decades ago). Like trutolife27, I'm also 6'1". I'm done with the days of groaning to crawl down into a car, and up out of one. I want as much of a "slide straight in/out" as possible.

My stepmom has an Accord. That's a chore to get in/out of. Our 2013 Escape is pretty good (maybe 1-2" short of being the perfect height). Everything I can tell by the specs suggests the Mach-E will sit maybe an inch below that. Fingers crossed it's not any lower.

I've been looking for a picture with the door open from a straight angle that also shows the tires. Tire height should be about 27" on those. If the seats look only a hair lower (where the butt sits), that should be good enough.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thank you so much @jdmrc93 for all the care and consideration you put into your post. Your pics are some of the best and all the information has been very helpful to me and I am sure to others. Hope you enjoyed your ride as much as we have enjoyed hearing about it. Can’t wait to get delivery on my own MME! Ahh, some day soon.....

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Thanks for the super helpful answers @jdmrc93!

Did you happen to notice if the BLIS indicator was outside a) on the mirror itself (my rav4 does that) or b) inside right where the mirror attached to the door (like Volvo and Subaru do it)?

I find the in-mirror light hard to see at a glance, especially with headlights and daytime running lights), so I prefer the Volvo/Subaru approach.

a)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E First Edition Ride Along Review and Q&A from Site Member/Enthusiast 63EB6E0B-6484-407D-9E50-557BBF607436

b)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E First Edition Ride Along Review and Q&A from Site Member/Enthusiast 1803D457-5F17-4A43-8604-CF0A5D151332

Thanks

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Did you happen to notice if the BLIS indicator was outside a) on the mirror itself (my rav4 does that) or b) inside right where the mirror attached to the door (like Volvo and Subaru do it)?

I find the in-mirror light hard to see at a glance, especially with headlights and daytime running lights), so I prefer the Volvo/Subaru approach.

Thanks
Most Ford's use the in-mirror approach so I'm guessing the Mach-E does as well.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
Did you get a sense of what sort of pace you can keep in one pedal mode? Is it just for tooling around, or for spirited driving too?

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Did you get a sense of what sort of pace you can keep in one pedal mode? Is it just for tooling around, or for spirited driving too?
I can't comment too much on it, considering I wasn't driving the vehicle. But he said he got used to it very quickly, and wouldn't drive any other way.

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag

a)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E First Edition Ride Along Review and Q&A from Site Member/Enthusiast 1803D457-5F17-4A43-8604-CF0A5D151332

b)

Thanks
In-mirror... see the following image (extracted from video, so a little blurry).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E First Edition Ride Along Review and Q&A from Site Member/Enthusiast IMG_9189

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
those pictures are giving me serious concerns about going with the red... I may have picked the wrong color... ?
Go to a Ford dealer to look at the Rapid Red. It is looks MUCH in person as I am sure the Grabber Blue is too. I will be sticking with my Red one..LOL

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Pretty much all Fords now have the "driver assist" entry/exit, don't they? Except the Mustangs I guess... I forget if the ones I've rented have it. But the Taurus and Fusion do for sure.

I call it the "old man seat move" :D
Loved that on my Ford Edge - and the reclining back seats
Sponsored