Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
:)
My 05 GTO had a 6 speed manual transmission but still had the dead pedal. That was a very nice feature. My FFE is missing that and it bothers me sometimes....just would be a nice thing to have. Almost looks like I can see something in the photos.....
pretty sure my 95 GT - which I bought as a stick without knowing how to drive a stick, and learned on it because the 4 speed automatic was... not good... did as well.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
pretty sure my 95 GT - which I bought as a stick without knowing how to drive a stick, and learned on it because the 4 speed automatic was... not good... did as well.
I had the wonderful advantage of growing up in the Midwest and driving a 49 Ford pickup --- stick on the floor out to the farm fields at 12 years old.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok I'll provide a dissenting opinion LOL:

A couple of observations: The blue isn't deep enough gives it a "washed out" look to me (not the picture just the color), 2nd not enough contrasting colors (which adds to the washed out look) front end needs more black and the wheel lip moldings could be black.

Other than that its purdy LOL
I do agree that a slightly deeper blue, even a solid primary blue would be more to my liking than Grabber Blue, but Grabber Blue is the option they chose for historical reasons.

I agree, though, that the contrast of the black wheel lip molding is more striking than the body color.

If I had my choices, would I have made a few edits to the First Edition choices? Yes. I'm still very happy with the First Edition -- and that Grabber Blue really will stand out in the driveway!

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some quick observations from second pic (driver seat view):
* AM/FM/SiriusXM
* 3.7 mi/kWh
* 93% Soc, 239 mi remain (So just under 257 mi range. Ford's estimated EPA for FE is 270)
* FE has extended range (98.8 kWh prior to new nbrs w/ buffering). Using above nbrs yields about an approx BP size of 69 kWh. (Perhaps he did some jack rabbit starts?)
* Anybody else see anything noteworthy?
Those numbers just don't add up. Says it's a 4X on the side picture, so 88 kWh usable x 3.7 = 326 miles. 93% of that is 303. But it's showing only 239 left.

That 3.7 has to be for just a short trip segment, not overall.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Those numbers just don't add up. Says it's a 4X on the side picture, so 88 kWh usable x 3.7 = 326 miles. 93% of that is 303. But it's showing only 239 left.

That 3.7 has to be for just a short trip segment, not overall.
Showing 3.7 with zero miles traveled. That's why I asked him to take a picture of the efficiency before he exited.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
those pictures are giving me serious concerns about going with the red... I may have picked the wrong color... ?
Not me. I think the red looks great in every light. To me the grabber blue only looks good in the shade/low light. Looks too baby blue to me in sunlight. Plus it's not metallic, which I really prefer over flat.

But it's all about personal preference. I can see how some love it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not me. I think the red looks great in every light. To me the grabber blue only looks good in the shade/low light. Looks too baby blue to me in sunlight. Plus it's not metallic, which I really prefer over flat.

But it's all about personal preference. I can see how some love it.
Grabber Blue is listed as metallic, but it's clearly not as heavily metallic as Rapid Red.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Great photos. Can’t wait for answers to questions.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Showing 3.7 with zero miles traveled. That's why I asked him to take a picture of the efficiency before he exited.
Be careful not to put too much stock into the efficiency numbers. Test drive and efficient driving dont mix.
If I had thing for the weekend you can bet there would be some irresponsible driving in store. :)

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Be careful not to put too much stock into the efficiency numbers. Test drive and efficient driving dont mix.
If I had thing for the weekend you can bet there would be some irresponsible driving in store. :)
That's why I made the comment yesterday in another section that this is not the demo you want to buy.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag