Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
At the very bottom of the page will be a place where you can just type text like this and hit "post reply":

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.17.59 PM

JoeMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Eos, downpayment on Mach-E
Occupation
Ortho
Country flag
No picture, but a 4' x 8' board doesn't fit in the trunk.

Unless it is a polystyrene foam board, which just bent enough to wedge it in sideways and drive home with tailgate open. Only a little squeak when coming out due to the wedging and the shopvac cleaned the little styro bits very nicely.

OP
OP
CompilerBreak

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag

Unless it is a polystyrene foam board, which just bent enough to wedge it in sideways and drive home with tailgate open. Only a little squeak when coming out due to the wedging and the shopvac cleaned the little styro bits very nicely.
Very few vehicles will fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood easily, I spent 2 hours with a tape measure at the auto show a couple years ago finding that out :p Some day I might snag a used pickup but until then I decided it's just best to rent a uhaul or something.

Now wainscoting particleboard on the other hand, in 3x7 sheets, that was an amazing project

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag

No 4x8? Freakin Ford Engineers. A little less plastic….

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No 4x8? Freakin Ford Engineers. A little less plastic….
It's not the plastic. Very few SUV's can actually fit a full-sized sheet; even my wife's Durango barely fits one when inserted diagonally. I wouldn't try sheetrock as that would too easily break getting it in and out. Many trucks don't have the room between the wheel wells either.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Returned some tools to my dad, had no problem at all fitting them, could have even added my miter saw as well, and didn't even touch the frunk or front seat. Towing aside, this thing has nearly the same capacity as my Escape, and can do all that while running circles around my old GT, I'm quite happy. Was particularly impressed with how wide the rear door throughput is, was able to fit the table saw and stand in through them.

Now if only I could actually use the Mach E to power all these tools ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.17.59 PM
you COULD use MME to power tools, but I wouldn't fire up more than one at a time, and you might want to add a 'buffer battery' in the frunk to prevent voltage sag when you turn on a big load.

210623 testing w frunk teapot.jpg

OP
OP
CompilerBreak

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
you COULD use MME to power tools, but I wouldn't fire up more than one at a time, and you might want to add a 'buffer battery' in the frunk to prevent voltage sag when you turn on a big load.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 20210529_201504
Dang, nice. I did snag a little 12V->110W inverter for some simple things, it is just disappointing when almost every other SUV they sell comes with an option for a 400W inverter. Hoping for a Maverick or Ranger hybrid in the next 5 years with a mini-version of the pro-power generator the F150 got.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I wonder why Ford did not give the Mach-E the same power outlets feature that the hybrid F-150 has or the F-150 Lightning will offer
The unknown/unconfirmed spec is how many watts the onboard dc-dc converter can support being extracted from the 12v connection points.... and for how long.

It is easy to connect an Inverter and power up 120vAC , or 240vAC for that matter. But at this point, it's looking like the load should be *less than* 2000 watts. This means you could use an inverter as shown here, but plug in your portable Charger with the 120v plug.... which would pull something less than 1500 watts to charge whatever stranded vehicle you wanted... but at level 1, (3 miles per hour charging), it would take a while. ;)
Dang, nice. I did snag a little 12V->110W inverter for some simple things, it is just disappointing when almost every other SUV they sell comes with an option for a 400W inverter. Hoping for a Maverick or Ranger hybrid in the next 5 years with a mini-version of the pro-power generator the F150 got.
400w probably won't run power tools, and certainly will not run a teapot or cooktop. You need about 1500watts. Just make sure the Inverter puts out pure-sine power, not the modified sine wave cheap crap.

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag