Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
miata, towncar, highlander
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Very few vehicles will fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood easily...
A lot of minivans can. They can be quite flexible. My spouse only wants SUVs now, but when the kids were little she insisted on a minivan. I initially considered them an ugly box on wheels, but I grew to love them.

OP
OP
CompilerBreak

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
A lot of minivans can. They can be quite flexible. My spouse only wants SUVs now, but when the kids were little she insisted on a minivan. I initially considered them an ugly box on wheels, but I grew to love them.
I was somewhat considering the Toyota Sienna hybrid, impressive thing, but really couldn't see myself driving a minivan daily (would have totally kept my old GT in that situation). As for SUVs, the Explorer was the "smallest" I could find that was capable of hauling 4x8 inside (on the recent ones) but their predicted reliability tanked with the redesign, and the plug in powertrain Lincoln got has shown little signs of ever coming to it.

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I fit a rocking chair in the back which no one said could be done!
Nicely done. A lot of mid size vehicle couldn't do this.
It does kinda' cry out to be tied down however. But there doesn't seem to be any apparent tie-down points in this SUV. However seat belts attachment points are required to be very strong. Running some lashing cord around those would work out well here.

Has anyone tried re-routing a rear seat belt itself behind a folded-down seat and made that work for tying down loads? (If the seats aren't folded down, seat belts can make great load restraints.)

Randy

First Name
Rande
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Returned some tools to my dad, had no problem at all fitting them, could have even added my miter saw as well, and didn't even touch the frunk or front seat. Towing aside, this thing has nearly the same capacity as my Escape, and can do all that while running circles around my old GT, I'm quite happy. Was particularly impressed with how wide the rear door throughput is, was able to fit the table saw and stand in through them.

Now if only I could actually use the Mach E to power all these tools ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ IMG_2078
just did a will call on a couple of solar panels to save on an expensive truck delivery. Panels are 40" by 68" - fit almost perfectly and could have stacked 8 or 10 more.

IMG-3875.jpg

IMG-3874.jpg

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Wow Randy, like it was designed for it!
Used to design station wagons, minivans, etc around a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Times change. Now it's a PV panel!

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
A trip to Costco yesterday filled up my cargo space. I was impressed, as were the Costco employees.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 1649278090364

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 1649278105921

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Two sets of tires for the autocross IS300. Old ones mounted on 17x7.5s and a new set of Continental β€œrain” tires.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ CA851C9D-53E7-48D1-96FC-8EE923D2EDCA

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Returned some tools to my dad, had no problem at all fitting them, could have even added my miter saw as well, and didn't even touch the frunk or front seat. Towing aside, this thing has nearly the same capacity as my Escape, and can do all that while running circles around my old GT, I'm quite happy. Was particularly impressed with how wide the rear door throughput is, was able to fit the table saw and stand in through them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ CA851C9D-53E7-48D1-96FC-8EE923D2EDCA
I dumped the DeWat stand for a Milwaukee with big wheels and I love it but in a MachE I don't think so. :cool:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

PXL_20211126_224447946.jpg

you can power all those tools, or one at a time anyway.... with a 3000w pure sine inverter connected to your LVB connection points.
- turn MME ON
- auto shutoff OFF
and.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 210623 testing w frunk teapot

you can also run your House during a grid outage.... but you will want to limit average load to less than 2000watts so that the on board DC-DC converter can 'keep up' with extracting energy from the HV to feed the 12v connection.

220405 test powering house.jpg

Last edited:

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
An Austin Seven engine.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ IMG_20220126_143412
Sponsored