CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Returned some tools to my dad, had no problem at all fitting them, could have even added my miter saw as well, and didn't even touch the frunk or front seat. Towing aside, this thing has nearly the same capacity as my Escape, and can do all that while running circles around my old GT, I'm quite happy. Was particularly impressed with how wide the rear door throughput is, was able to fit the table saw and stand in through them.

Now if only I could actually use the Mach E to power all these tools ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ PXL_20211126_224447946
Sponsored

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Returned some tools to my dad, had no problem at all fitting them, could have even added my miter saw as well, and didn't even touch the frunk or front seat. Towing aside, this thing has nearly the same capacity as my Escape, and can do all that while running circles around my old GT, I'm quite happy. Was particularly impressed with how wide the rear door throughput is, was able to fit the table saw and stand in through them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ PXL_20211126_224447946
My MMEs very first day in the world had it loaded with 8 boxes of drywall mud, 4’ ladder, shelving material and my tool bags with plenty of room to spare.

C0640F3B-F224-41BE-8600-20AA725E5EAD.jpeg

Last edited:

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Dunno if covered in another post, but I'm told the Mach-E trunk opening is wider and taller than the Model Y opening. Of course, the Y trunk is about 10 inches longer (from either the backseat or front seatback to rear hatch door), and contains deeper underbed and side storage areas, but a single large item or box of a certain W*H dimension might fit in the Mach-E trunk but not the Y's.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I wonder why Ford did not give the Mach-E the same power outlets feature that the hybrid F-150 has or the F-150 Lightning will offer (it will power a home and charge other EVs*). Maybe if a Ford engineer who reads this forum will have this feature added for the 2023 MY which is when I plan to buy mine.

For now I can power my Craftsman 3/8 inch drill on the 120 VAC outlet in my 2014 Fusion Hybrid. Ford gave this feature to its hybrids since the 2009 Escape Hybrid. As an EE I still wonder why the Mustang Mach-E was left out.

* I hope someone from AAA will read this so they will buy the F-150 Lightning with the extended battery as their next support vehicle to help stranded electric cars.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/s...ightning-may-be-capable-of-charging-other-evs
https://www.thedrive.com/news/43203/the-ford-f-150-lightning-will-be-able-to-charge-other-lightnings

Edit: From the second link: "We are [working on] a vehicle-to-vehicle system," Zhang told The Drive. "[Charging other EVs] is going to be dependent on the power cord, and the Mach-E system is not set up for that right now, but Lightning will be."

So the Mach-E will have this feature in the future. I hope the present models can be upgraded.

Last edited:

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
My MMEs very first day at in the world had it loaded with 8 boxes of drywall mud, 4’ ladder, shelving material and my tool bags with plenty of room to spare.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ C0640F3B-F224-41BE-8600-20AA725E5EAD
When I saw the boxes, I thought, "How many cats does he have that he needs that many Lite Red Dots to entertain them?" ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's not as macho as tools, but with the back seats up I was able to fit a large suitcase, 2 medium suitcases, a suit bag, and a few other odds and ends.

With the seat down I've used it to take a 10' tree cut up into pieces to our town's recycling center - although it did take a couple of trips.

Yesterday I fit a 55 inch flatscreen TV with plenty of room to spare.

My MMEs very first day at in the world had it loaded with 8 boxes of drywall mud, 4’ ladder, shelving material and my tool bags with plenty of room to spare.
Damn, that is a lot of drywall mud. Did you have to repair a hotel room after Aerosmith stayed there or something?

Dunno if covered in another post, but I'm told the Mach-E trunk opening is wider and taller than the Model Y opening. Of course, the Y trunk is about 10 inches longer (from either the backseat or front seatback to rear hatch door), and contains deeper underbed and side storage areas, but a single large item or box of a certain W*H dimension might fit in the Mach-E trunk but not the Y's.
I don't really care whether the Y's trunk is a little bigger or smaller - the Mach E is truly a workhorse and that's all that matters to me (pun intended). I wish that the roof could open like in the escape, but otherwise it is a fun and versatile vehicle. Ford hit a home run despite all the bitching here.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
When I saw the boxes, I thought, "How many cats does he have that he needs that many Lite Red Dots to entertain them?" ?
Don't judge how many cats ? ! Some of us have little monsters that like a lot more than a little red dot. I'll spare you videos of him playing fetch, tug-o-war or flushing toilets since this thread is about tools and I wouldn't want to lower the level of testosterone.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I picked up a mini freezer 9.0cu ft. No pictures sorry. It fit with the seats down and the trunk even closed

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Moved about 90% of my house with it. My tools, lumber, boxes, whatever.
It's my mach-e 150

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
My MMEs very first day in the world had it loaded with 8 boxes of drywall mud, 4’ ladder, shelving material and my tool bags with plenty of room to spare.

Two TVs yesterday, 65 &55
Backyard compost bags, bikes, make shift bed at a drive in theater, etc
Frunk: foooood

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 20211127_122617
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 20210905_185600
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 20210711_104809
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 20210605_150751

Last edited:

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
Be careful or some asshat will attack you for "using your car like a pickup" and say other such stupid nonsense, because heaven forbid you use your utility vehicle as a utility vehicle.

anyway I've carried pavers (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/weight-limit-in-trunk.7102/post-216002), rugs (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/the-most-important-pictures-ever-posted.10954/), and other such things.

I found the limits out the hard way when I loaded a bunch of bags of DG and mulch only to watch the flooring collapse. FWIW, I've loaded my RAV 4 the same way without issues. Thankfully, Ford agreed with me that there should have been clear weight limit warnings and replaced both side panels. If you're going to carry heavy loads, make sure that you drop the cargo flooring flat on the bed of the trunk.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 20210605_150751
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 730C7671-5BCC-41F7-A5AB-F465DF7EF25D
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 728F2F5E-C773-419A-9CA4-65F5F9127E16

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Does well with Tractor Supply runs for the (actual) horses!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E fits all the tools. What have you hauled / carried / fit in your cargo space? ❓❓ 728F2F5E-C773-419A-9CA4-65F5F9127E16
How does one post in this thread without β€œReply”ing which seems to copy the original post? Thanks in advance