Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Sandy must have got that Ford contract. Earlier this week he mentioned a future meeting with Ford's engineering lead. Everything is brighter with sunshine. And cash.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
When Sandy was perplexed by the MOSFETs in the rear motor I know he was angling for something, or he really was that clueless. Those are the only 2 possibilities that I can come up with.

Either way, I'm off his favorite viewers list.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
He had a hard time remembering that electrons travel on the SUFACE AREA of copper.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So, rear IDM by BorgWarner and front motor by Magna with front inverter by LG?
Would like to see inside that gear housing that drive the axle shafts....

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
When Sandy was perplexed by the MOSFETs in the rear motor I know he was angling for something, or he really was that clueless. Those are the only 2 possibilities that I can come up with.

Either way, I'm off his favorite viewers list.
I find these videos only useful when the volume is switched off and can then used as an opportunity to pause and look at the various components, otherwise you know it is just going a lot of I don't understand comments, followed by complaints on the numbers of fasteners :( To the point I have to assume that the perfect Munro designed vehicle would resemble a childs toy and consist of a number a non serviceable parts all cobbled together via a series of cheap plastic single use snap connectors

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I find these videos only useful when the volume is switched off and can then used as an opportunity to pause and look at the various components, otherwise you know it is just going a lot of I don't understand comments, followed by complaints on the numbers of fasteners :( To the point I have to assume that the perfect Munro designed vehicle would resemble a childs toy and consist of a number a non serviceable parts all cobbled together via a series of cheap plastic single use snap connectors
We need someone to either dub it with an entirely different dialogue or give it the ol MST3000 treatment.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I don't understand why he's receiving criticism from this forum when he's got a positive opinion about the Mach E. Seems to me he's damned if does and damned if he doesn't. Have any of you actually designed anything and put it into production? Just to be clear, I'm not affiliated or have any vested interest in him or his company. I'm just an interested observer and I'm geeky enough to want to know what's underneath. I've watched with equal interest the teardowns of the Model 3, Y and ID4 and the review of the Polestar 2. I would be equally interested in teardowns of the Ioniq 5, Kia EV6 or any other electric car out there. Give him a break. He's providing the YouTube videos to you for free and you don't have to watch him.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
We need someone to either dub it with an entirely different dialogue or give it the ol MST3000 treatment.
If anybody knows the bad lip reading guys, they would have a field day with this!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I don’t take it as gospel, but it is interesting to see the innards and to hear some explanations that are plausible from someone who has spent more years in the automotive industry than I (0). In my profession, I have opinions and biases (backed up by my experience). I also have preferences. I try to apply filters in areas I’m knowledgeable, to these videos.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I don't understand why he's receiving criticism from this forum when he's got a positive opinion about the Mach E. Seems to me he's damned if does and damned if he doesn't. Have any of you actually designed anything and put it into production? Just to be clear, I'm not affiliated or have any vested interest in him or his company. I'm just an interested observer and I'm geeky enough to want to know what's underneath. I've watched with equal interest the teardowns of the Model 3, Y and ID4 and the review of the Polestar 2. I would be equally interested in teardowns of the Ioniq 5, Kia EV6 or any other electric car out there. Give him a break. He's providing the YouTube videos to you for free and you don't have to watch him.
Sandy gets high marks from me. Can't wait till the Ford Engineers get a chance to interact.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Have any of you actually designed anything and put it into production?
Yes I have and do.

I don't make videos where I admit I'm confused about the subject matter of my video. He can and should pick up the phone and get clarification regarding the item on the table that confuses him on a very regular basis, so he can tell us the answer to his inquiry.

Nobody in his position should use words that betray his claim of superior knowledge and understanding while explaining something to an audience.

If he's confused about something and he fails to figure it out, then so are we and there's little need to tune in and hear him say it.
Sponsored