Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I don't get why people care about the 5 second thing. I love my gt. Its a family car mustang. I drove it across WA, through the mountains. Never hit the 5 second issue. You just can't accel for more then a few seconds in the real world without speeding. Even getting on the highway from a dead stop your speeding in under 5 seconds.

I've driven a McLaren 720s and Lamborghini Aventador across WA too. The GT is (almost) as fun 0-60 as those cars are 50-100. (Under 40 The Lamborghini feels like its going to stall and the McLaren is constantly on the verge of stalling or taking off). No one writes about that because they know you bought the wrong car if your expecting a super car to drive well at 20 mph.

If you want a car that will make you smile every time you drive it in the real world you can't go wrong with a mach e gt.

People care about it because it was marketed to perform. There was zero disclosure that we'd be limited to a few seconds of full power. For months, the only thing that we had to go off of was the marketing brochure and a trickle of leaked/speculative information here and there.

More importantly, 5 or so months before the Mach-E was shipped to dealers, Ford and Roadshow released a 12 minute video showing this car haul ass around a track by a Ford Performance driver. There was no other video released over this 5 month period. Going back and watching the video is 100% cringe worthy and 100% deceptive marketing. Even their explanation of unbridled extend makes it seem like it's a mode above and beyond standard unbridled. Not once was a 5 second limit or power cut limit mentioned... but the journalist was quick to mention how the car was so fast and it made him so sick that he was almost throwing up. Even the Ford employee was telling us that ICE mustang owners are going to really want this thing.

Not everyone bought the GT to haul their toddler around in. Some of us bought it based on the performance metrics that were presented to us.

TL;DR: The GT's marketing and presentation has been a deceptive clown show from the beginning. ??

Link to video if you want to watch it and cringe:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
Kyle Connor and the Out of Spec crew discuss the Mach-E GT/PE's 5 Second Rule.

Discussion begins at 21:40.

Can you “save” the 5 seconds until you are on a freeway doing 70 to fire ? past a semi?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I'll be first in line to upgrade from Premium to GTPE when Ford ditches the 5 second max performance limitation. Any bets on if and when that will happen? Will Shelby come through?

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Can you “save” the 5 seconds until you are on a freeway doing 70 to fire ? past a semi?
No. The video covers this; 5 seconds is the programmed time from 0. If the vehicle is already moving at highway speeds, the programmed time is less than 5 seconds. Additionally, the video mentions that at 72mph there is automatically a reduction in max power.

Edit: I've only watched the video; I don't have my GTPE yet and I haven't independently experienced any of this.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
No, check the Facebook page again. 73-124 mph video posted. You can tell how quick by the time stamps.

not sure if clicking the link will work, but here goes:

Looks like this:
4E5C9C11-8D47-4A15-96D1-B32633DE364A.jpeg
Hey Mach1E:

Can you link directly to the FB GT group? Is it entitled Mustang Mach-E GT Owner Group? I also see one for Mach-E GT/GT PERFORMANCE ...

I can't seem to find the videos, so knowing a link to the group or confirm the group name would be appreciated.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I don't get why people care about the 5 second thing. I love my gt. Its a family car mustang. I drove it across WA, through the mountains. Never hit the 5 second issue. You just can't accel for more then a few seconds in the real world without speeding. Even getting on the highway from a dead stop your speeding in under 5 seconds.

I've driven a McLaren 720s and Lamborghini Aventador across WA too. The GT is (almost) as fun 0-60 as those cars are 50-100. (Under 40 The Lamborghini feels like its going to stall and the McLaren is constantly on the verge of stalling or taking off). No one writes about that because they know you bought the wrong car if your expecting a super car to drive well at 20 mph.

If you want a car that will make you smile every time you drive it in the real world you can't go wrong with a mach e gt.
Damn fucking straight.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

I don’t get why people who don’t care about something feel the need to tell us why they don’t care about something.

You don’t care, and we don’t care that you don’t care.

Do you go to football forums and tell them why you don’t care about football?

WE CARE about the 5 second thing. I could give you multiple reasons why, but you don’t care so why would it matter?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Hey Mach1E:

Can you link directly to the FB GT group? Is it entitled Mustang Mach-E GT Owner Group? I also see one for Mach-E GT/GT PERFORMANCE ...

I can't seem to find the videos, so knowing a link to the group or confirm the group name would be appreciated.
It’s the GT/GT PERFORMANCE group. I tried linking but it doesn’t work. I think it’s because you have to be a member of the group.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t get why people who don’t care about something feel the need to tell us why they don’t care about something.

WE CARE about the 5 second thing. I could give you multiple reasons why, but you don’t care so why would it matter?
You could argue he’s just contributing to the discussion so it’s not a bunch of pages of the same ‘ol thing?

I personally don’t *not* care about the limit because I want my vehicle to be a badass machine but I also know that from a stoplight not many other cars out there will keep up with me.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag

LOL, I hear you. Just for clarity, I fit in the "I care, but I knew about it and still bought and enjoy the car" camp.

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Exactly why I have a BMW i4 M50 on order. I will be getting rid of the MME GT very soon. BMW has 10 seconds max power. Also setup to be faster on the freeway/autobahn(faster than M3P 60 to 140). Highway pulls are much more mature than rocketing away from intersection for 5 seconds only to have nothing up top above 80 mph. I'm 100% sure 7.5 seconds would do the trick for the MME GT. But until then there will be a Iconic Silver GT up for sale soon in Ohio.

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
BMW i4 M50 will embarrass the MME GT 60-120 trapping 20+mph faster in 1/4. My i4 M50 priced out less than MME GTP also.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I just got a GTPE and I think I’m going to have a lot of fun smoking people at traffic lights but how often are you going from 0-80 pedal floored on a public road?
0 to 80 to 0 to 80 to.....is the typical drive on Denver freeways in good weather. Bad weather too come to think of it! ?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BMW i4 M50 will embarrass the MME GT 60-120 trapping 20+mph faster in 1/4. My i4 M50 priced out less than MME GTP also.
...do we live in the Fast and Furious where everyone is racing all the time?

If you're going to be tracking the EV you buy that's one thing, in which case I don't think the MME would be in my top choices anyway...

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
We’re about to the point of needing a thread recap again, a la the original 1/4 times thread by @0t60-3.5 ? Too bad @blue92lx seems to have left the forums for a Genesis GV70 or something. Oh well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.