Rswood

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT Red
Country flag
Just hit 5k miles on my 2022 GT (non-performance edition).

Decided to update my wheels to the performance version via the kit available on Ford's accessories website.

Also, removed the side 'Mach-E' badge and went with 15% ceramic tint around all windows + windshield brow.

Note: Looking to offload (Philadelphia, PA region) my old set of GT wheels which include the Ford tire pressure monitors (the Ford PE wheel kit includes a new set of these) - 2x are in mint condition; 2x have cosmetic damage from an unfriendly curb.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT 5k Miles Updates - Shifted to PE Wheel-set; Tint; De-Badged IMG_1529
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Did you happen to drive a GTPE at any point? I’d be curious as to your thoughts on the difference in the suspensions between the two if you also got the GTPE tires to go with the GTPE wheels on your GT.

OP
OP

Rswood

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT Red
Country flag
Did you happen to drive a GTPE at any point? I’d be curious as to your thoughts on the difference in the suspensions between the two if you also got the GTPE tires to go with the GTPE wheels on your GT.
Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to drive the GTPE..

I kept the original all weather tires and flipped them onto the new wheels. Looking back, I would have just gone with the GTPE from the start - I found my GT at sticker last August when a customer backed out of taking delivery of their order at a local dealer.

Reactions: ARK

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Nice wheels! I just bought a set of GTPE wheels ($200 off from Ford Parts!) and will do the same thing, putting the original tires on them. The GT wheels have gotten a set of CrossClimate2 tires and I’ll use those for Nov-April.

The Magneride would be so nice but man, $5000 was too much for me. The other thing is that I like the unique copper accents inside the GT plus the seats fit me better than the GTPE’s.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I like the looks of the gt-pe wheels, but they just aren’t wide enough.

has anyone had them widened ?

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Why don't all tires have edge protection to prevent curb rash.
Hard to even find one brand whose tires have it !

Last edited:

CarbonGT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
What's the best process to remove the Mach E badges?

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I like the looks of the gt-pe wheels, but they just aren’t wide enough.

has anyone had them widened ?
How do you widen a wheel? I would love to go wider with my next tire change, but the GTPE wheel is maxed at 245/45.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
How do you widen a wheel? I would love to go wider with my next tire change, but the GTPE wheel is maxed at 245/45.
there were a few shops in the USA that professionally did this service. Essentially they take 6 rims and turn them into 4 staggered rims. They do this by cutting the barrels adding in material then re-welding them. It’s not cheap.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
For aluminum, it’s a cut, weld, lathe process. I want 9.5” width myself, which would require both sides to be done, so that would be expensive. I haven’t found an aftermarket wheel I like. 🤷‍♂️🐩

My ‘71 street Celica had punched-out steel wheels on it. They were cut, jigged-up, had 2.75” bands added, then rim lips welded back on to make them 8” wide. The fenders had been can-opened. I put 3” flares on it. 🤪🐩
Sponsored