Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 Mach-E GT, Former: Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I picked up my GT from the dealer yesterday and drove the 140 or so miles home. Here are some quick impressions:

1. Quick!
2. Came with BlueCruise. I like it. Very easy to activate and seems intuitive. Traffic was moderate on the interstate but the adaptive speed and steering performed well. It gently alerted me with a low "bonging" tone if I wasn't paying close enough attention to the road. Maybe the biggest drawback is not actively driving the car.
3. Started out of the gates in one-pedal driving mode. Seems to work fine but I need to figure out if the brake lights come on when I take my foot off the accelerator. Don't need to get rear ended.
4. Used a "Greenlots" DC charger activated through "EV Connect" app on the NYS Thruway to go from 40% to 80% charge. Took about an hour (40 Amp rating). My first time charging a BEV and everything went very smooth. Tried using an "EV Go" station today on a credit card without luck. The station and car didn't seem to know how to talk. A few folks come over and ask questions on the on the thruway station about how the charging works, how I found the station, and was the car really fully electric.
5. Steering is tight. Haven't played much with how the car changes it based on conditions.
6. Ride is a bit stiffer than I was anticipating but it makes sense. The Mach-E Premium definitely smooths the road expansion joint cracks out a little better but that's probably more of an issue for the passenger(s).
7. UI is very intuitive (I'm 49). Lots to explore but the basics are all right there.
8. Love the seats/interior. Firm but not too hard. I can see the material however is probably going to need some additional attention like vacuuming.
9. My Mtn. bike fits inside with the second row seats down but that's about it. I expect my torklift (eco) receiver Monday to mount a couple of bike trays.
10. Pano roof is nice. Probably wouldn't have spec'd it and not sure if this changes my mind but it does open the cabin up. Likely to look for a cover/shade that can be installed for next summer.
11. The Dealer did mess up the residual percentage on the Options program so he called later that night. I had to resign the contract on my phone (which is how it was done at the dealership) but overall not a big deal.

The perfect end to the day came at my son's HS Home Coming and some yahoo came up and asked what was under the hood. I said nothing but a cargo bin and he thought I was kidding. He about crapped himself when I popped with hood (with my phone) and there was no engine. He then asked what I paid for it... Friendly enough guy but I'm going to guess he won't be last of his kind. He drove off in is ICE Dodge Charger making a racket.

Great car. Congrats to all who are getting one!
Sponsored

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I picked up my GT from the dealer yesterday and drove the 140 or so miles home. Here are some quick impressions:

1. Quick!
2. Came with BlueCruise. I like it. Very easy to activate and seems intuitive. Traffic was moderate on the interstate but the adaptive speed and steering performed well. It gently alerted me with a low "bonging" tone if I wasn't paying close enough attention to the road. Maybe the biggest drawback is not actively driving the car.
3. Started out of the gates in one-pedal driving mode. Seems to work fine but I need to figure out if the brake lights come on when I take my foot off the accelerator. Don't need to get rear ended.
4. Used a "Greenlots" DC charger activated through "EV Connect" app on the NYS Thruway to go from 40% to 80% charge. Took about an hour (40 Amp rating). My first time charging a BEV and everything went very smooth. Tried using an "EV Go" station today on a credit card without luck. The station and car didn't seem to know how to talk. A few folks come over and ask questions on the on the thruway station about how the charging works, how I found the station, and was the car really fully electric.
5. Steering is tight. Haven't played much with how the car changes it based on conditions.
6. Ride is a bit stiffer than I was anticipating but it makes sense. The Mach-E Premium definitely smooths the road expansion joint cracks out a little better but that's probably more of an issue for the passenger(s).
7. UI is very intuitive (I'm 49). Lots to explore but the basics are all right there.
8. Love the seats/interior. Firm but not too hard. I can see the material however is probably going to need some additional attention like vacuuming.
9. My Mtn. bike fits inside with the second row seats down but that's about it. I expect my torklift (eco) receiver Monday to mount a couple of bike trays.
10. Pano roof is nice. Probably wouldn't have spec'd it and not sure if this changes my mind but it does open the cabin up. Likely to look for a cover/shade that can be installed for next summer.
11. The Dealer did mess up the residual percentage on the Options program so he called later that night. I had to resign the contract on my phone (which is how it was done at the dealership) but overall not a big deal.

The perfect end to the day came at my son's HS Home Coming and some yahoo came up and asked what was under the hood. I said nothing but a cargo bin and he thought I was kidding. He about crapped himself when I popped with hood (with my phone) and there was no engine. He then asked what I paid for it... Friendly enough guy but I'm going to guess he won't be last of his kind. He drove off in is ICE Dodge Charger making a racket.

Great car. Congrats to all who are getting one!
Congrats on your new car. Today was my second day with my GT. Could not be happier. Enjoy!

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
maybe just tint the inside of the roof, i added a 15% and it made a big difference on a car i used to have.

congrats! pics not loading for some reason.

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
Congrats! Regarding the pano roof, one of my concerns prior to buying ours was that it’d heat up in the cabin more than I was used to here in Southern California, or be uncomfortably bright. After going through a full summer with it, it simply hasn’t been an issue for us. The cabin hasn’t been any hotter than our other cars; if anything, the Mach-E has stayed cooler sitting in the sun.

The cabin is definitely a bit brighter, but not in a bad way. It’s been all upside. So you may not need the shade.

OP
OP
AlbanyIan

AlbanyIan

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 Mach-E GT, Former: Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
maybe just tint the inside of the roof, i added a 15% and it made a big difference on a car i used to have.

congrats! pics not loading for some reason.
Finally got a chance to take a few shots in the driveway this AM. Wonder how it would look in “Kubota” orange. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT (Active Assist, Panoramic Roof) Drive Home 0251317F-FE09-4A33-9D00-B7DA1C15B193

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT (Active Assist, Panoramic Roof) Drive Home 588A6ADD-88A0-4FAD-A84E-9B1373D75A62

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT (Active Assist, Panoramic Roof) Drive Home E8CEE157-D8DD-4AB8-BE33-CA62C2132AF3