theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
These companies having EVs already is so weird to me, it's like they never advertised it. I never knew VW or Ford already had full EVs before the Mach E.
I keep reminding people that Ford was one of the founding companies for the CCS charging standard, back in 2008-2009. Ford and GM(sorry gm) have been working on the technology, esp. flat pack pouch cells with cooling plates for more than 10 years. Mach-E cells are based on that pedigree.
Sponsored

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
This will really blow your mind then. :)
Dude so crazy. I didn't even know there were hybrid SUV's until after I got my hybrid fusion in 2016, let alone all of these EVs that have been out there this whole time. I don't understand why hybrids and EVs weren't more on the forefront for these companies especially seeing the success of Tesla and they've had these models out the whole time.

Even the models like the Fusion Energi that could do something like 60 miles on EV then go to hybrid, I found that out after I got my fusion too. All of these are great options that no one talks about.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<snip>
Even the models like the Fusion Energi that could do something like 60 miles on EV then go to hybrid, I found that out after I got my fusion too. All of these are great options that no one talks about.
You’re kidding, right? My Fusion Energi would have been hard-pressed to make 24 miles when the battery pack was new. It won’t make 14 miles now with outside temps in the 90s.

I love my Fusion Energi but I hate its battery.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
You’re kidding, right? My Fusion Energi would have been hard-pressed to make 24 miles when the battery pack was new. It won’t make 14 miles now with outside temps in the 90s.

I love my Fusion Energi but I hate its battery.
The last I saw anything about it was like 5 years ago when I bought my hybrid so sounds like it's 25 miles then.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
How many threads are you going to whine about this in? All of them? Why don't you pick one and stick to it?

You didn't even have a reservation right? Just made a fresh retail order? It's gonna be quite a while, there's a lot of people ahead of you and if you hadn't noticed there's some supply chain problems right now. Getting a firm date on when your car is going to be built simply isn't possible and your demanding of a weekly email from Ford holding your hand the entire time is ridiculous and pointless.
Hi, where did I 'demand a weekly email from Ford holding my hand the entire time'?

I guess my expectation is that if one orders something from a company that cost upwards of 70K that there would be some sort of communications from the company when we would receive the product, even if an estimate.

I have received zero from Ford so far, and others have said the same thing.

Why are you lying about what I said, and why do you sound so angry?

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
Hi, where did I 'demand a weekly email from Ford holding my hand the entire time'?

I guess my expectation is that if one orders something from a company that cost upwards of 70K that there would be some sort of communications from the company when we would receive the product, even if an estimate.

I have received zero from Ford so far, and others have said the same thing.

Why are you lying about what I said, and why do you sound so angry?
You guys need to hug it out ?

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
Ugh, this is good and bad news. The nail in the coffin for me on the GTPE was the limited range. Even at 250 miles on the GT I was just a little worried thinking about my trips from FL to NC a few times a year. But now that the GTPE is looking to be around that mileage it almost makes me want to reconsider and upgrade to a Performance model. The real issue though is that the only thing I REALLY want off of the Performance model is the suspension, maybe the wheels but it's hard to say without seeing the GT wheels in person. I feel like those wheels are the type that could look better in person than in a picture. So then I'm looking at basically $6k for Magnedride suspension and I still have to come to those terms. Now that I'm seeing you all say the seats aren't as adjustable I think it just takes me back down to the GT again. After renting a Mach E on Turo even for one day my wife had me adjust her headrest, I can only imagine telling her the seats in my expensive new car can't be adjusted. I've never ridden a magneride suspension, maybe I should keep it that way so I don't know what I'm missing.

Oh, and being up in NC during the year I agree with what some people are saying with new tires. You really have to factor in a pretty high cost of four new all weather performance tires too... I guess I'll stick with the GT but I'm loving the 270 mile range report on that model.
FYI, spoke with Belle Tires and they will trade summer tires and give 75% value for new all-seasons with less than 100 miles on them. (I live in Michigan and plan to drive to Belle from Dealership on way home)

I ordered GTPE over GT because:
-Like PE interior better. GT has faux suede like material. May show wear over time. PE has perforated seats
-like PE wheels much better
-Magna ride

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I ordered GTPE over GT because:
-Like PE interior better. GT has faux suede like material. May show wear over time. PE has perforated seats
GT PE uses exactly the same fake suede material. That's what they perforated.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
With torque of 634 lb.-ft/860 Nm1 and 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds2, the Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition will now take you an EPA-estimated range of 260 miles3 while the Mustang Mach-E GT has an EPA-estimated range of 270 miles3.

mach-e-gt-epa-chart.jpg.png
I am confused. Well, a little more than I normally am. :) The table above seems to say what the EPA tested mileage has the GT at 270 miles and GT PE at 260 miles. I looked at Ford's website and they listed the lower miles of the targeted EPA miles. Why? When I started to look at the GT a month ago, I thought I remember the range was the final EPA number and not the targeted EPA.

Which number is to be believed? Does anyone own a GT or GT PE that can provide "real world" number? I just want to know if I buy the GT PE should I expect, 235 miles, 260 miles or something in-between?

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I am confused. Well, a little more than I normally am. :) The table above seems to say what the EPA tested mileage has the GT at 270 miles and GT PE at 260 miles. I looked at Ford's website and they listed the lower miles of the targeted EPA miles. Why? When I started to look at the GT a month ago, I thought I remember the range was the final EPA number and not the targeted EPA.

Which number is to be believed? Does anyone own a GT or GT PE that can provide "real world" number? I just want to know if I buy the GT PE should I expect, 235 miles, 260 miles or something in-between?
The 235 and 250 miles was the old Ford estimate prior to the EPA rating. It's now 270 for the GT and 260 for the GTPE

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

And nobody has yet taken delivery of a GT of any flavor. I believe the first deliveries will be some time in late August.
Sponsored