Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Not sure how close to real life the EPA’s driving test is, but I can tell you they didn’t drive the GTPE the way I’m gonna drive mine. I’ll be happy with 180+ miles per charge. Lol.
I get 6-8mpg out of the 408 stroker in my ‘66. So I’m no stranger to 100 mile fuel ups. The biggest difference is I’ll have a charger at home and work to feed this horse.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This is fantastic news.

by the way, I look forward to the stiffer GT ride. The Premium is too floaty and bouncy for my taste. I'll take the stiffer ride to get better handling.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
I can't wait to get my gtp... wish Ford would send SOME sort of communication to those that ordered it.

Been more than a month since the 'dealer accepted the order' and I've got zero communications on a 70K+++ car.

I'm personally wondering if anybody is going to attempt to MOD these with even more power to the motors or a more 'tesla like' throttle response.

Ford currently limits the current to the motors 'gradually' (relatively speaking) even if you step on the throttle.

Hoping to see some folks step up to modding this car.

It's going to be great.

In any case, that cyber orange is so awesome, but I went with silver because of the 'cop magnet' affect that I'd like to avoid the way I plan on driving :D

It's going to be fun reading the first folks on this forum that get the gtp's...

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not sure how close to real life the EPA’s driving test is, but I can tell you they didn’t drive the GTPE the way I’m gonna drive mine. I’ll be happy with 180+ miles per charge. Lol.
I saw a recent S550 GT500 review from AutoTrader that said 100 miles between fill ups would be a thing. A MME GT should easily outdistance a GT500 on a single tank/charge.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I saw a recent S550 GT500 review from AutoTrader that said 100 miles between fill ups would be a thing. A MME GT should easily outdistance a GT500 on a single tank/charge.
My 2011 GT500 would get single digit fuel mileage on aggressive driving. I could stretch it out to 17-18 on the highway in 6th gear. A 16 gallon($40-$50 in south Louisiana) tank of premium was usually good for about 200 miles.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I can't wait to get my gtp... wish Ford would send SOME sort of communication to those that ordered it.

Been more than a month since the 'dealer accepted the order' and I've got zero communications on a 70K+++ car.

I'm personally wondering if anybody is going to attempt to MOD these with even more power to the motors or a more 'tesla like' throttle response.

Ford currently limits the current to the motors 'gradually' (relatively speaking) even if you step on the throttle.

Hoping to see some folks step up to modding this car.

It's going to be great.

In any case, that cyber orange is so awesome, but I went with silver because of the 'cop magnet' affect that I'd like to avoid the way I plan on driving :D

It's going to be fun reading the first folks on this forum that get the gtp's...
Did you not get an email Monday from Ford?

This is what the email said:

Thank you for your Mustang Mach‑E GT order. We share your enthusiasm for this all‑electric Mustang SUV, and we’ll continue to keep you informed on all things related to your order.
We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for Mustang Mach‑E GT. Since you have reserved and ordered your vehicle, you have priority status in the production and delivery timeline ahead of any new orders.
We anticipate delivery for all current orders to begin in the fall and extend through the end of 2021. We get it. Waiting can be difficult when expectations are high. But be assured that very soon you’ll be taking the wheel of your all‑electric Mustang Mach‑E GT.​
Please reach out to your dealer with questions or for more information about your order.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Ford said revised milage. Any chance the premium could end up with revised milage?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well then, Ford, how about a software update bumping up all our power numbers to celebrate? :D
That's what I'm expecting. Not sure how else they could get so much extra EPA range for what's basically the same vehicle but with a bigger front motor that uses more juice. If that's being included in GTs coming out soon, I'd expect an OTA coming out to us this year too that would boost range.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I am willing to bet we are going to see the prumium and other Mach E get a boost in their EPA range soon as Ford was SUPER conservative on them.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
Did you not get an email Monday from Ford?

This is what the email said:

Thank you for your Mustang Mach‑E GT order. We share your enthusiasm for this all‑electric Mustang SUV, and we’ll continue to keep you informed on all things related to your order.
We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for Mustang Mach‑E GT. Since you have reserved and ordered your vehicle, you have priority status in the production and delivery timeline ahead of any new orders.
We anticipate delivery for all current orders to begin in the fall and extend through the end of 2021. We get it. Waiting can be difficult when expectations are high. But be assured that very soon you’ll be taking the wheel of your all‑electric Mustang Mach‑E GT.​
Please reach out to your dealer with questions or for more information about your order.

Nope, didn't get that. :(

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This is making me wonder if we should upgrade our GT order to a GT PE order. I wanted magnaride but I thought range trade-off was too much. Anyone have any idea what the difference is between the two seats in the GT and GT PE (I think one is called like a sport seat and the other is a performance seat)?

I also won't be surprised if other MME models get higher range rating soon. With mix of city/highway, I think I'm getting closer to 3.3 m/kw consistently in my FE with aggressive driving, which equates to 290 miles.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ford said revised milage. Any chance the premium could end up with revised milage?
There is really no benefit to upping the epa estimated range. Unless they change power delivery software, having a higher epa number isn’t going to affect the range you experience, and there is some benefit in having people get better then promised range.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag

How many threads are you going to whine about this in? All of them? Why don't you pick one and stick to it?

You didn't even have a reservation right? Just made a fresh retail order? It's gonna be quite a while, there's a lot of people ahead of you and if you hadn't noticed there's some supply chain problems right now. Getting a firm date on when your car is going to be built simply isn't possible and your demanding of a weekly email from Ford holding your hand the entire time is ridiculous and pointless.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Given these numbers, I might just have to look around for an orphaned GTPE next spring and trade the Smurfmobile in… hopefully the used car market is still fuxed up at that point and I can do well on my trade in. ?
Sponsored