Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Welp. Looks like it's GT with Bluecruise then.

Personally I'm not thrilled with those performance seats or the PE interior. The added bolstering would be a plus but the fixed head rest looks poorly executed to me. Ford could have made those look so much more special IMO. And I'm not a fan of suede interiors after about 12 months.

And then forcing the glass roof and Pirelli summers with less range on peeps? No thanks. I really want magneride, but I don't think the trade offs would be worth it even if it was even money.
I feel you on that. I was really liking the idea of those wheels, magneride, and brembo’s but I don’t think I could live with those seats. I’ve got a Focus ST with heavily-bolstered seats and they’re a literal pain in the butt for trips over 30 minutes... the GTPE seats look even more bolstered than what I’ve got now.
Sponsored

HuniBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Country flag
does anyone have any thoughts on if snow tires would be required on the GT Performance since they are calling out those Pirelli's as being summer performance tires?
If you have temperatures consistently below 50F, summer tires tend to get really hard and the loss of traction is frightening on a performance vehicle. (ie acceleration, braking cornering that you normal expect will not be there and you must control yourself). Winter/snow tires compounds are specifically designed to be flexible/grippy in colder temps. (use of them in the summer and they wear down quite fast btw).

If you encounter snow.... Forget about it! You may be able to start moving fairly good because AWD but directional control and braking is down right non-existent on performance summer tires. I had a 2008 Wrx STi and tired to drive in very shallow snow once and the damn thing understeered like crazy so I put it in the driveway until I got winters/snow tires. With high performance snow/winter Dunlops it turned into a winter beast with shocking snow performance!

With the GTPE another set of tires/rims (preferably snow tires if any chance of encountering snow) is really important not only for safety but to enjoy the car year round.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
With the GTPE another set of tires/rims (preferably snow tires if any chance of encountering snow) is really important not only for safety but to enjoy the car year round.
100% agree. I am nearly unable to drive my 2010 GT500 in cold weather. It feels like its a sneeze or a twitch of the right foot from going sideways into a ditch. I have to be VERY careful, which means I don't enjoy the car in those conditions. I have Bridgestone summer tires (which I am probably going to replace with Michelins, but it will still be bad when its below 40 or so)

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
does anyone have any thoughts on if snow tires would be required on the GT Performance since they are calling out those Pirelli's as being summer performance tires?
As others have stated in snow yes you would need them, then again I think if you have to deal with snow then you should get always get proper snow tires as all seasons are just as rubbish in snow.

If you just have to deal with cold temp from time to time then you can get away with summer tires all year around. I run them all year round as I am in california but I do get temps down as low as freezing in the winter but my cars are kept in a garage and those cold temps are over night, so in general I just have to take it easy until there is some heat in the tires on those cold mornings, you not going to fall off the road unless your an idiot.

Personally I find the inclusion of pirelli's on the performance edition as a mojor down grade, as unless you are getting some bespoke pirelli tire made the generic p-zero summers tires are garbage, they have terrible wear rates and the performance drastically falls of a cliff as they start to wear, they have no place being used on a supposed performance edition.

I will wait to see the final options and cost, but overall apart from the magnaride shocks, I can't see much justification in the price of the performance trim over the base GT, as from the press release so far the actual performance related upgrades over a premium are not that extensive.

Hopefully we will get a more detailed info on changes over the forth coming days, and hopefully the press get to review as the video link posted earlier was pointless fluff IMO even continuing the nonsense of stating 19" front discs, sure ok :(. I can't take people seriously that think a 19" disc with caliper will fit under a 20" wheel, thankfully the press info so far gives us the actual 385mm disc size

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Some reviews say the front pony logo lights up. If that is true, I wonder if that can be fitted in the non-GT MME :cool:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I feel you on that. I was really liking the idea of those wheels, magneride, and brembo’s but I don’t think I could live with those seats. I’ve got a Focus ST with heavily-bolstered seats and they’re a literal pain in the butt for trips over 30 minutes... the GTPE seats look even more bolstered than what I’ve got now.
I don't mind the extra bolstering, not so keen on the fixed head rest, while I also like that the standard GT seat has copper stitching while the performance reverts to silver :(. So far the magaeride is what I like as the upgrade on the performance but can't really see much else a slight boost in torque and some minor cosmetic changes don't scream performance edition to me.

Will wait for final prices of options as so far the base GT seems more of the the sweet spot taking into account the base price reduction.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I guess the fancy wheels are not available as option for the plain GT.
Probably not but at some point they will be available as spares, so expect them to start getting used on more mach-e, seeing as the performace model Y uses a 21" wheel and you can get 20" wheels on an id.4 keeping the performance wheel at 20" is a missed oportunity, as mach-e already looks a bit under wheeled as is.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
As someone who driven a car with summer tires on it in cold weather and more importantly some snow and ice. There is an entire new level of uncomfortable on those tires in those conditions compared to all seasons. The car will just slide around compared to an all season tire car that can stop. Plus the summer tire car will just spin its tires. To give you an idea I was having trouble keep the car from breaking free in 4th gear. I also was starting the car in 3rd and 4th gear because it was would not move otherwise. It was not fun.
Now my last car had all season in the same weather yeah it was slick but I could start moving, I could stop and turn. Yes it was slick but I would not have to worry about just sliding at 5 mph and not stopping at all.

Now all that being said where I live now and it was debatable back then I would be fine with summer tires year around. The snow days are like 3-4 times a year. The cold days yeah my grip will be a little lower but not to the point that snow tires gain me much. Ice days I am a little older and wiser now so yeah I just dont drive on those days any how even with all seasons if I can avoid it. If I do drive well I have a back up car.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
GT pricing: $59,900
Performance Edition: $5000
Bluecruise+360 camera: $1900
Pano Roof: $1300
Black Roof: $385
Interior protection package: $240

On PE only, Bluecruise and pano roof must be bundled together. All other options are available independently except black roof on glass roof or black cars. Cyber orange and star white is $600, red $400, all other colors no cost.

Paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion.
Country flag
I don't mind the extra bolstering, not so keen on the fixed head rest, while I also like that the standard GT seat has copper stitching while the performance reverts to silver :(. So far the magaeride is what I like as the upgrade on the performance but can't really see much else a slight boost in torque and some minor cosmetic changes don't scream performance edition to me.

Will wait for final prices of options as so far the base GT seems more of the the sweet spot taking into account the base price reduction.
Anyone know exactly what the difference in the seats is? Are there other cars to look at to see them?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Personally I find the inclusion of pirelli's on the performance edition as a mojor down grade, as unless you are getting some bespoke pirelli tire made the generic p-zero summers tires are garbage, they have terrible wear rates and the performance drastically falls of a cliff as they start to wear, they have no place being used on a supposed performance edition.

I will wait to see the final options and cost, but overall apart from the magnaride shocks, I can't see much justification in the price of the performance trim over the base GT, as from the press release so far the actual performance related upgrades over a premium are not that extensive.
Dave Pericak in the video said the Pirellis are a unique tire for the GTPE.
Sponsored