db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
does anyone have any thoughts on if snow tires would be required on the GT Performance since they are calling out those Pirelli's as being summer performance tires?
In the press release at the beginning of this post Ford says it doesn't recommend using summer tires below 45F. Not only do they lose a lot of traction, the ride will become much worse because the compound becomes so stiff cold.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I would love to see a sample of the Cyber Orange in person. Even if my dealer would get a sample piece of metal with the Cyber Orange ? I could possibly dig it.
Search your local Ford dealers for either a Ranger or Bronco Sport in Orange, those have the same exact color. I saw it in person on both and it solidified my choice to get one. They still lean pretty yellow-ish, but its a nice color in person

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Search your local Ford dealers for either a Ranger or Bronco Sport in Orange, those have the same exact color. I saw it in person on both and it solidified my choice to get one. They still lean pretty yellow-ish, but its a nice color in person
most importantly it's the only Mach-E color that isn't some shade of gray! (*)

(*) for you newer folks this is a long-running joke on here - I know about Rapid Red etc.

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
most importantly it's the only Mach-E color that isn't some shade of gray! (*)

(*) for you newer folks this is a long-running joke on here - I know about Rapid Red etc.
Has anyone else looked on the ford.com site to 'order' your GT? It's new info, but the PE pkg not listed?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The GT range already is making me nervous, and as much as I would like those GTP wheels and Magnaride, I can't go from 270 to 250 and then 235. So that's out.
Is the suspension in the GT any different at all from the Premium?
Much of that range loss is due to the Pirellis being super sticky. The wheel PE design may also have more drag than the GT alloys with aero covers.

Someone familiar with the GT development posted on another thread that the GT suspension was going to be stiff and Magneride was the way to go.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you go to the order page now, you can fully customize a GT with all the packages and pricing. But at the end it says the ordering system isn't available at this time. So Looks like its ready to go for tomorrow!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
So just hit the configurator. The things that matter to me shake out like this for my configuration in Cyber Orange:

Base GT: Pano roof, BlueCruise, Interior Protection - $63,940
GT Perf: No Pano but comes with BlueCruise, added Int - $65,740
GT Perf: With Pano and all above $68,940

I really like the wheels and the mangeride sounds promising for its softer ride, but I'm not sure I want to stretch to 70k after tax/tags/title/D&D

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Just also confirmed, you CAN get Active 360 with Black Painted Roof on the standard GT. On the GT PE, the pano roof is REQUIRED with Active 360.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Just also confirmed, you CAN get Active 360 with Black Painted Roof on the standard GT. On the GT PE, the pano roof is REQUIRED with Active 360.
can anyone summarize for me what the $1900 option gives you? I am confused (not enough sleep)
Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 and 360-Degree Camera

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
can anyone summarize for me what the $1900 option gives you? I am confused (not enough sleep)
The included option is Assist 360, which warns you and I believe can do lane centering. The Active 360 will allow some self-driving capabilities. (I'm pulling up the brochure and will update this answer if it is different).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I believe this is the extra hardware required for 360 degree surround view and radar sensing for parking, the driver attention monitoring hardware, and three years of BlueCruise subscription (hands free cruise control on certain highways).
Sponsored