harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I'm getting a feeling this might be wrong, but the latest Tech Specs lists the GT as having (quite a bit) less cargo space than the rest of the extended range models. If this is accurate, the only thing I can think of is the suspension (correction, I just remember probably the biggest factor is the larger motor and anything that goes along with that). Any other ideas? I'm pretty sure all of the specs in this sheet for the brakes are wrong too, because I thought we found out it was misspoken and the GT actually has 16.1" rotors in the front? If they really do have 19" rotors in the front, that pretty crazy/amazing! So much for me trying to buy a 19" winter wheel/tire setup! :)

What's also interesting here is the "Behind Rear Seat" cargo space is the same for GT and GTPE, but the "Behind Front Seat" is greater in the GTPE than the GT, but is still different than the other models. Oh wait -- The GT must be a typo, too, and should be 59.7 (same as other models) because the measurement in liters matches the others. So maybe suspension in the GTPE does take up more room?
Sponsored

OP
OP
harrysiii

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok wait a second! It looks like all the specs are the same if you look at just the measurements in liters (except for the GTPE cargo space behind first row).

So weird, and I know we won't have answers until we actually get these in our hands. Even then we won't really know. Maybe the larger(?) GTPE seats in the front take up more cargo room behind them...

OP
OP
harrysiii

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok sorry for all my crazy posts. The last page in that pdf shows them the same minus the 0.2" lost behind the GTPE first row. ?‍♂

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Ok wait a second! It looks like all the specs are the same if you look at just the measurements in liters (except for the GTPE cargo space behind first row).

So weird, and I know we won't have answers until we actually get these in our hands. Even then we won't really know. Maybe the larger(?) GTPE seats in the front take up more cargo room behind them...
I believe that the GTPE seats are thinner than the regulars...I know they're a half-inch thinner in the bottom structure.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
They should all have the same storage space (plus minus a tiny bit from the seats). No real difference in the bodies or the interior configuration.

And brake sizing is always a bit deceptive - when car companies say 19” brakes they usually mean “brakes that fit under 19” wheels”, not that the rotor itself is actually 19” in diameter (meaning even 20” wheels wouldn’t fit).
Sponsored