Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My biggest concern for now is the range of course but also the door handles! Imagine an icing rain of 1/8" or 1/4", how to do to open the door? Broke the ice all around the door to get it pop up? I don't have a garage so it is something to fix for me.
Darren Palmer had talked about that in one of the You Tube video I've watched, and he claim that the door thing that pushes the door open is sufficiently strong to break open the door through ice.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Darren Palmer had talked about that in one of the You Tube video I've watched, and he claim that the door thing that pushes the door open is sufficiently strong to break open the door through ice.
Man I hope so. At least the Mach-E doesn't have frameless door glass like my Model 3 does. Feels like you're going to break the window as you pull the door open if the power window mechanism is frozen and can't "drop" the window to clear the door trim.

I'd hope that being from Michigan Ford has thought of this... and not just benchmarked the Model 3 which is such a "California" car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Man I hope so. At least the Mach-E doesn't have frameless door glass like my Model 3 does. Feels like you're going to break the window as you pull the door open if the power window mechanism is frozen and can't "drop" the window to clear the door trim.

I'd hope that being from Michigan Ford has thought of this... and not just benchmarked the Model 3 which is such a "California" car.
Ford ABSOLUTELY did a lot of cold weather testing, as well as other weather conditions. There are lots of threads from earlier in the year that showed Mach-E's in the wild around the country - from Vegas to the upper peninsula of michigan. Ford even put out a video of the michigan testing back in march or thereabouts.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
So what is the consensus, is the standard GT going to be 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and the performance addition even faster or is the performance 0-60 in 3.5?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
So what is the consensus, is the standard GT going to be 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and the performance addition even faster or is the performance 0-60 in 3.5?
I’m assuming 3.5 is still target for the performance option. Several times already Ford has claimed 3.5 for the “GT” but with a footnote in fine print of “including options,” which must mean the performance package option. I’m guessing they’re still playing that game with the 0-100 kph times.
I’d rather assume that and be pleasantly surprised if wrong, than assume otherwise and then be disappointed.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Looks like he never saw Quebec January ice then :)

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like he never saw Quebec January ice then :)
Yes when there will be 1/2 " of ice, I doubt it two but for a 1/8" thick might do the trick. In any case we can start preheating the car before leaving and that will help a lot. ;) They have tested those in Michigan so I suppose if it worked there it should work here too.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yes when there will be 1/2 " of ice, I doubt it two but for a 1/8" thick might do the trick. In any case we can start preheating the car before leaving and that will help a lot. ;) They have tested those in Michigan so I suppose if it worked there it should work here too.
When you get a 1/2 inch of ice, even your arm won't work to get that door open on your other car... ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"see? Tesla does that better too because Musk sold a 'flamethrower' for a while!"

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
My biggest concern for now is the range of course but also the door handles! Imagine an icing rain of 1/8" or 1/4", how to do to open the door? Broke the ice all around the door to get it pop up? I don't have a garage so it is something to fix for me.
I just walk out with a tall glass of hot water with my current car.