Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
9DF697E0-3C30-4B4E-BE32-B1B8006DA881.jpeg

I’ve been checking periodically to see if the GT (presumably illuminated) Grill Emblem is available to buy from Ford Parts and it looks like it is! For $700.

I was going to pick one up if it was under $200, but I think I’ll pass. Doesn’t look like a simple swap either. For reference the standard grill emblem is $150.

8213B
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-body-related-parts-general/emblem-13888711-1
I would be interested to see the instructions for the install. From what I have read in previous posts, the electrical connection that you will need for this doesn’t exist on the non-GT models and you will need to tap into another power relay.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I would be interested to see the instructions for the install. From what I have read in previous posts, the electrical connection that you will need for this doesn’t exist on the non-GT models and you will need to tap into another power relay.
Tap the new connection to the DRL. I am tapping to the DRL on my Fusion to add browlights to my 2014 model, so it will look like a 2021 model from afar and be more visible from a distance (this making it safer).

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Tap the new connection to the DRL. I am tapping to the DRL on my Fusion to add browlights to my 2014 model, so it will look like a 2021 model from afar and be more visible from a distance (this making it safer).
I did that with my 1995 Taurus to add an illuminated Ford logo. I tapped into the blinker/parking lights. I did it in a way that it didn’t blink of course.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
So... before you punch the order button. One of the Ford engineers I spoke with had the version of the Mach-E assembled in China and it DOES have the lighted Pony. And I said "Perfect... so I can order this part and ..." before I finished the sentence he informed me that the North America cars have a different wiring harness. The illuminated Pony wont have any power connector. (I suppose you could run a wiring connector).

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
So... before you punch the order button. One of the Ford engineers I spoke with had the version of the Mach-E assembled in China and it DOES have the lighted Pony. And I said "Perfect... so I can order this part and ..." before I finished the sentence he informed me that the North America cars have a different wiring harness. The illuminated Pony wont have any power connector. (I suppose you could run a wiring connector).
Give it a few months, someone will have a kit with a YouTube tutorial. It’s only a matter of time.