Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
You almost had me, almost.
honestly I’ve been saving my ford rewards points to buy one of these, but I may just get a standard front emblem to put on my shelf of MME collectibles
Dont worry..Chinese knock offs will be out soon enough. Trust me. A fraction of the price to.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
9DF697E0-3C30-4B4E-BE32-B1B8006DA881.jpeg

I’ve been checking periodically to see if the GT (presumably illuminated) Grill Emblem is available to buy from Ford Parts and it looks like it is! For $700.

I was going to pick one up if it was under $200, but I think I’ll pass. Doesn’t look like a simple swap either. For reference the standard grill emblem is $150.

8213B
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-body-related-parts-general/emblem-14363003-1
Give China a couple weeks and there will be $27 knock-offs on ebay and $7 knock-offs on Aliexpress.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Dont worry..Chinese knock offs will be out soon enough. Trust me. A fraction of the price to.
I can only hope! I’m waiting for the kit ?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
...the Mach-E assembled in China and it DOES have the lighted Pony.
Someone will sneak one out the back door, bring it to a manufacturer, and they'll clone it. Then it will appear on eBay, along with instructions on how to connect it to US models. It'll probably include a remote control to change colors, too ;) There's no question that this will happen.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone will sneak one out the back door, bring it to a manufacturer, and they'll clone it. Then it will appear on eBay, along with instructions on how to connect it to US models. It'll probably include a remote control to change colors, too ;) There's no question that this will happen.
Sounds like you have some inside knowledge here ?
Maybe @AOSK can work on one.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I asked. Keep in mind I live 10 minutes from Ford world HQ. So I did actually see the version of the Mach-E built in China (it has two charge port doors... one for Level 1 & 2 AC charging and the second for DC Fast Charging because in China there is no "combined" charge plug like there is for North America or Europe).

When I found out that the pony lights up in that edition of the car I commented that this is great because it means the wiring is there for me to tap into it.

The answer was... it Is a different wiring harness. The Select and Premium Mach-E's in North America don't have wiring to light the pony.

So you'd have to get a translucent pony ... but you'd also have to get power to it.

I'm not saying you can't do it ... but it's not just a matter of getting a new pony badge for the front. It will be a little more effort than that.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I asked. Keep in mind I live 10 minutes from Ford world HQ. So I did actually see the version of the Mach-E built in China (it has two charge port doors... one for Level 1 & 2 AC charging and the second for DC Fast Charging because in China there is no "combined" charge plug like there is for North America or Europe).

When I found out that the pony lights up in that edition of the car I commented that this is great because it means the wiring is there for me to tap into it.

The answer was... it Is a different wiring harness. The Select and Premium Mach-E's in North America don't have wiring to light the pony.

So you'd have to get a translucent pony ... but you'd also have to get power to it.

I'm not saying you can't do it ... but it's not just a matter of getting a new pony badge for the front. It will be a little more effort than that.
That’s unfortunate. I’m hoping someone makes a replacement emblem that can just be wired into one of the eyebrow lights so it lights up as you approach.

The only real problem is I’ve heard the badge is a pain to remove.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Sounds like you have some inside knowledge here ?
Maybe @AOSK can work on one.
we actually did some research on sth similar a few weeks ago, wiring and cutting is a issue

But, yeah, if someone comes up a great solution;)we could mass production it

Last edited:

Vaquero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo - Mustang Mach-e LR AWD
Country flag
we actually did some research on sth similar a few weeks ago, wiring and cutting is a issue

What are you waiting for? You're going to have a lot of sales hahaha

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag

So. Test and research more. You guys do a nice product when you complete it. You will make a bundle ($$$$$$$$) when you figure out how to do it. MANY folks want the electric light up Mustang on the front. YOU CAN DO IT.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
So. Test and research more. You guys do a nice product when you complete it. You will make a bundle ($$$$$$$$) when you figure out how to do it. MANY folks want the electric light up Mustang on the front. YOU CAN DO IT.
we still havent find a good solution for it lol, so paused on that

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
we still havent find a good solution for it lol, so paused on that
I don’t know what they’re called, but do know that there are small, hinged plastic wiring jumpers with a sharp metal edge inside that essentially pinch into an automotive wire and make contact with the conductor. These could be used to access power for an existing wire without cutting. The only other option would be to have a double-sided male-female connector attached to the pony with wire long enough to reach an existing connector to tap into. The proper pins would obviously need to be used to access power.

https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...8/08/10/5384c2wfy8l1q182/a9994c1ec56af8f1.jpg

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A couple of things to note about this. I am assuming you guys are wanting someone to make a lighted pony to fit all the non GT front ends because the lighted GT pony is not the same size nor would it fit al all in the front end of any non GT bumper.

As far as the wiring goes, there are NO wires that you can connect to in the frunk area (under the hood) that would power the lighted pony unless you want the pony lit all the time that the car is turned on. The only way to get it to light up with welcome lighting and while headlights are on like in the GT, is to run a wire through the firewall and connect to the green/orange wire coming off one of the connectors on the BCM module. This has been discussed in the thread were Rob made his own lighted pony. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/illuminated-pony-proof-of-concept.8595/
Sponsored