r2com

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trabant
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I am really thinking about getting GT, but here is what I want to understand:
  1. So GT is 600lbs-ft and GT Performance is 634lbs-ft, both with same HP. I want to know if the difference is THAT much seen between the two? I do imagine that difference is huge between GT and Premium, but what about feels of GT vs GT engine performance? also, how viable is this 3.8s/60 vs 3.5s/60 between two, since I can hardly imagine one can even catch it with eye?
  2. Next question is difference between GT and GT Performance in terms of suspension; so, it seems to me that GT Performance has this "Magneride" thingy which updates every 1ms or so to adjust suspension, is it implied that the suspension of GT Performance is electronically controlled in real time during drive according to conditions?
    And also, what kind of suspension would be in regular GT? is it also electronically controlled but not real time adjusted or what? Can someone bring more details about the operation principle of suspension both in GT and GT performance and where would the difference in suspension between both be really seen and felt?
  3. There is some sort of "copilot 360 2.0" package which gives all around camera view, but one thing the salesman told & showed me is that it only works on P when car is still. And from what he explained it seems that there is NO way to display a deadzone camera on a screen WHILE DRIVING, is that really true or maybe the salesman was not knowledgeable? He told me there is some sort of an LED indicator w/sound on mirror when something is in your deadzone...but that is NOT what I am looking for. Even in my old 2015 Honda CRV I can for example constantly turn on side(right) mirror camera and display deadzone, and screen also projects horizontal lines which indicate me whether or not its good idea to change lane without touching the car on right lane or not. So is it doable with this "copilot 360 2.0" $1.9k package or No?
    because if it is not... I really do not see value in adding it in (and btw you are forced to have it with GT Perforamnce IF you select glass roof, but in regular GT you can get glass roof and NOT that copilot thingy
  4. Would embedded GPS/Navigation be included in regular GT? (not GT Performance)
  5. Do both GT and GT Performance have actively COOLED batteries?
  6. What level of cruise control will regular GT (without copilot 360 package) have?
  7. And lastly, did I catch the most important differences between the two, or there is something else I might be missing what could be considered a big deal?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Personally the reason for the GT performance is for people who want the fastest and will drive for time or closed course driving. It has only summer tires, so you can't drive all year unless you live where the weather is good, or change tires. However, magneride is very likely worth having.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Magnaride is the biggest reason to get the GTP over the GT. If someone is that concerned about 2 tenths 0-60, they’re likely buying something very different anyway. That said, 2 tenths in that range is 4 1/2ish percent. It’s enough that you’d notice it head to head, but racing each of them against a Mach-E 4x, you really wouldn’t notice the difference between the two.

ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
The camera works while moving, but only at very low speeds such as when pulling into parking spots. I test drove an X5 a few years ago that let you leave it on all the time, it was really great on narrow roads, but did not help to check blind spots on the highway. My MME would be the same I think -- the field of few is just too narrow to help at speed.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
1. Not that much between them, unless you are tracking, and even then I'm not sure if that warrants $5k.
2. That is what I want to figure out too. This seems like the most important feature, but unfortunately it's bundled with other stuff. I might need to test drive something with magneride to see what it's like.
3. The biggest value of that is you also get BlueCruise later for 3 years I think. But if you don't care about it, then it's not worth getting imo.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
And also, what kind of suspension would be in regular GT? is it also electronically controlled but not real time adjusted or what?
Independent multi-link rear suspension with traditional springs and dampers. The dampers contain fluid but aren't magnetorheologically responsive.

There is some sort of "copilot 360 2.0" package which gives all around camera view, but one thing the salesman told & showed me is that it only works on P when car is still.
There's a ton of driver assistance tech on all models of Mustang Mach-E.

https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/

Without "Active 2.0," the vehicle is missing out on the 360 degree overhead view while parking, active park assist (vehicle can help you get into and out of parking spaces) and lacks the required hardware to support hands-free driving on certain highways ("BlueCruise").

And from what he explained it seems that there is NO way to display a deadzone camera on a screen WHILE DRIVING, is that really true or maybe the salesman was not knowledgeable? He told me there is some sort of an LED indicator w/sound on mirror when something is in your deadzone...but that is NOT what I am looking for.
The rear view camera is only available while in reverse without the Active Park Assist capability. With APA, the surround view cameras are only available at very low speeds, something like 5 mph or less.

Would embedded GPS/Navigation be included in regular GT?
It's available on all Mach-Es.

Do both GT and GT Performance have actively COOLED batteries?
Yes.

What level of cruise control will regular GT (without copilot 360 package) have?
The GT does have Co-Pilot 360 features... Co-Pilot 360 is Ford's branding for all of its driver assistance technologies. So you'll need to refer to the link I shared above that lists all of the parts of Co-Pilot 360 across the Ford lineup, and how those relate to what's included or not included on specific Mach-E models.

All Mustang Mach-Es include intelligent adaptive cruise control. It can help you regulate your set speed, including the ability to slow down and speed up to follow traffic ahead of you at a set distance, can stop and resume for stop-and-go conditions like rush hour, and reads and reacts to speed limit signs.

OP
OP

r2com

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trabant
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
alright that was helpful, and now I kinda leaning towards just GT since I am not planning to track-race with GT P's or something like that.

however, I still want to know how truly distinctive is ride between regular suspension with dampers with fluid like machchiaz-o said, vs the ones where fluid is magnetorheologically responsive?

does it mean that suspension will properly "align itself" much faster on high speed turns, rather than suspension in GT? in what exactly drive situations will the difference in suspension in GT and GT P be seen?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
For me it was the Magneride that made me choose the PE. I drive a car now with a stiff sporty suspension and quite honestly I’m tired of it, but I’m not tired of fast cars. The magneride can be comfortable during daily driving and sporty when you need it. It has iron in the shock fluid and when the suspension senses the need, it activates the magnets within 1/100th (I may be wrong on the fraction) of a second to actively change the viscosity of the fluid. That’s tech I’ll pay $5000 for. The .3 seconds quicker and better wheels are a bonus

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
alright that was helpful, and now I kinda leaning towards just GT since I am not planning to track-race with GT P's or something like that.

however, I still want to know how truly distinctive is ride between regular suspension with dampers with fluid like machchiaz-o said, vs the ones where fluid is magnetorheologically responsive?

does it mean that suspension will properly "align itself" much faster on high speed turns, rather than suspension in GT? in what exactly drive situations will the difference in suspension in GT and GT P be seen?
What is it about the GT that you like when compared to the non-GT models?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In everyday driving, the GT vs GT-PE suspension differences will show up on rough roads. The GT will likely be a bit harsher, while the GT-PE will be more compliant. The active suspension in the GT-PE will also show itself by keeping the car more in control when being driven hard.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag

The magnetic suspension is user adjustable. You may get to choose between, touring, sport, and track. Or whatever settings they will offer. The system can change settings continuously to respond to the road conditions. So in touring highway mode it could be soft as it hits a bump then tighten up immediately afterward instead of continuing to bounce like a normal suspension. A regular suspension doesn't change any parameters during use.

OP
OP

r2com

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trabant
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What is it about the GT that you like when compared to the non-GT models?
1) ~200 lbs-ft more power
2) more agressive breaks

3) cyber orange color
4) orange lines in interioor & glowing mustang sign on front ;-)

thanks for inputs. so I concluded that for me, Magneride is not a hard *must* (although a cool-to-have thing if it were included for a reasonable price), but GT is. so I'll go with just GT. and save ~$7k (cuz I want glass roof and on GTPE you can only have it with additional 360 copilot which I also do not want, but I can get glass roof-only on GT)

one more thing I heard from somewhere, although not sure how realistic it is nowadays, is the fact that let's say after a warranty if the magneride system goes tits up, its $$$ to repair it, whereas its much cheaper to repair regular suspension, and as for me, I will be clocking in >25k miles/year, so I will get out of that 36k warranty pretty soon; so I want a reliable ride which won't infer costly repairs in future as a cost for "just a little smoother ride"

so I guess $61'800 for me

Last edited:

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
There's also interior differences between the GT and GT PE. They each get different seats with the PE being more aggressively bolstered. The PE also loses the copper accent colors in the seats and dashboard and switches back to silver.

Lilmags500

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E GT PERFORMANCE (ORDERED)
Occupation
Ford wholesale parts sales
Country flag
1) ~200 lbs-ft more power
2) more agressive breaks

3) cyber orange color
4) orange lines in interioor & glowing mustang sign on front ;-)

thanks for inputs. so I concluded that for me, Magneride is not a hard *must* (although a cool-to-have thing if it were included for a reasonable price), but GT is. so I'll go with just GT. and save ~$7k (cuz I want glass roof and on GTPE you can only have it with additional 360 copilot which I also do not want, but I can get glass roof-only on GT)

one more thing I heard from somewhere, although not sure how realistic it is nowadays, is the fact that let's say after a warranty if the magneride system goes tits up, its $$$ to repair it, whereas its much cheaper to repair regular suspension, and as for me, I will be clocking in >25k miles/year, so I will get out of that 36k warranty pretty soon; so I want a reliable ride which won't infer costly repairs in future as a cost for "just a little smoother ride"

so I guess $61'800 for me
The magnaride struts on my Shelby are 1,000.00 each , just to put things into perspective . :)

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
It's my understanding that the major difference between the GT and GT PE is track ability. Yes the 0-60's are close but the GT PE would really distinguish itself from the GT on a track. I really wanted to get the PE but I just can't see myself slinging a crossover around a track. In the meantime the Mach-E GT will serve as a very nice placeholder for a true Ford Performance EV track car in about 5 years(?).
Sponsored