Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
You didn't answer my question...have you ever raced anything?
Studio_20170819_181833.jpg

You didn't answer the question...any race experience??? I guess I'm not a real racer...this is a street car. I'll put a race car shot in next time...
I’ve raced cars. What difference does that make?

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
You’re right, you don’t have to have raced cars to know what one is. The flip side of that is everything someone has raced doesn’t suddenly become a performance car just because it’s been on a track. Everything involved in motorsport isn’t a performance car/truck/SUV/etc.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I am really thinking about getting GT, but here is what I want to understand:
  1. So GT is 600lbs-ft and GT Performance is 634lbs-ft, both with same HP. I want to know if the difference is THAT much seen between the two? I do imagine that difference is huge between GT and Premium, but what about feels of GT vs GT engine performance? also, how viable is this 3.8s/60 vs 3.5s/60 between two, since I can hardly imagine one can even catch it with eye?
  2. Next question is difference between GT and GT Performance in terms of suspension; so, it seems to me that GT Performance has this "Magneride" thingy which updates every 1ms or so to adjust suspension, is it implied that the suspension of GT Performance is electronically controlled in real time during drive according to conditions?
    And also, what kind of suspension would be in regular GT? is it also electronically controlled but not real time adjusted or what? Can someone bring more details about the operation principle of suspension both in GT and GT performance and where would the difference in suspension between both be really seen and felt?
  3. There is some sort of "copilot 360 2.0" package which gives all around camera view, but one thing the salesman told & showed me is that it only works on P when car is still. And from what he explained it seems that there is NO way to display a deadzone camera on a screen WHILE DRIVING, is that really true or maybe the salesman was not knowledgeable? He told me there is some sort of an LED indicator w/sound on mirror when something is in your deadzone...but that is NOT what I am looking for. Even in my old 2015 Honda CRV I can for example constantly turn on side(right) mirror camera and display deadzone, and screen also projects horizontal lines which indicate me whether or not its good idea to change lane without touching the car on right lane or not. So is it doable with this "copilot 360 2.0" $1.9k package or No?
    because if it is not... I really do not see value in adding it in (and btw you are forced to have it with GT Perforamnce IF you select glass roof, but in regular GT you can get glass roof and NOT that copilot thingy
  4. Would embedded GPS/Navigation be included in regular GT? (not GT Performance)
  5. Do both GT and GT Performance have actively COOLED batteries?
  6. What level of cruise control will regular GT (without copilot 360 package) have?
  7. And lastly, did I catch the most important differences between the two, or there is something else I might be missing what could be considered a big deal?
My wife ordered the GTA fully loaded since she enjoys auto cross and can not wait for her dark matter gray to come in. Shultz Ford in wexdord pa is selling at msrp and no issues on our rep. Now it's my turn to get a new performance ev to drag race. Msrp is 69200 includes shipping.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ford should have made the GTPE a no-option car. You want one? It comes with everything. Pick a color and write the check. The GT could then be a car where everything is an option except the suspension/brake/seat differences since those are the only things that make a PE a PE. Ford could have also made the GT a RWD vehicle to separate them more.
I’m still disappointed that the First Edition didn’t get Magnaride.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
[

The days of personal vehicles overall are numbered. Autonomous ride hailing/sharing is the future. Personal vehicles will become luxury items once again. Will smaller vehicles survive? We’ll see.
Numbered? Quite possibly. But the number is greater than 10,000.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Magnaride Magnaride Magnaride. That and bragging rights re 0-60 over Tesla.
Unfortunately not worth the cost nor the wait. Begs the question about hopeful availability of low cost shock-dampers or whatever to overcome the “bumpy” ride of the Premium.
MagneRide sounds good. If I could buy it without the other GTP stuff - glass roof bundling, summer tires - I would.

So I ordered the regular GT, and am concerned the suspension may be too stiff for my taste. Will it be stiffer than the Select suspension, or exactly the same? I drove the Select, and it seemed ok. But much stiffer could make the car uncomfortable, with 20" wheels and no adaptive suspension.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
The USLMRA races lawn mowers. Performance vehicle???
Or as some refer to it - redneck carting! Still cool that somebody thought - what if we amp up dads lawnboy!

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
if the spec sheet is to be believed the GTPE gets a major down grade with a manual passenger seat, I am currently sitting in the hope that it is typo camp as if turns up for collection at the dealer late summer with a manual seat on a 65k car :( I will walk away and spend my hard earned coin on a BEV from another manufacture.
[/QUOTE]

The manual passenger seat is for saving weight (all those motors are heavy). Historically, performance cars have lost some creature comforts to save weight, because losing weight increases performance. I guess you would be happier with a non-performance vehicle.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I get this when I click that link: Resource at '/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf' not found: No resource found
@Carmel Mach E Auto's post was from 7 months ago... I found the latest (2022 MY) media kit page for the Mach-E:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...cts/evs/mustang-mach-e/22-mustang-mach-e.html

It has a link to tech specs that were published on December 17, 2021:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...oduct/2022/mach-e/pdf/22MACH_E_Tech_Specs.pdf

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That would have pushed me into a FE even with the all black seats. Not convinced the ride quality would be less firm than the premium we have but I’d sure hope the bumps would be less harsh.

I’m still disappointed that the First Edition didn’t get Magnaride.
Sponsored