RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
currently have an order for a ER AWD and am seriously considering dropping the extra 5k for the GT. Does anyone know if Ford will offer the same incentives for the GT?

$2500 Ford Options incentive @2.25%
X Plan
Driver assistance $100

I Know it would qualify for the 7.5k tax credit & the CA clean rebate $1500 already
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
currently have an order for a ER AWD and am seriously considering dropping the extra 5k for the GT. Does anyone know if Ford will offer the same incentives for the GT?

$2500 Ford Options incentive @2.25%
X Plan
Driver assistance $100

I Know it would qualify for the 7.5k tax credit & the CA clean rebate $1500 already
If you didn’t already have a GT reservation then it’s probably a moot point. You’re probably getting a 2022 GT for a newly placed order.

I would anticipate zero incentives on the 2021 GT.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
None are currently listed so I wouldn't count on it. Ford performance vehicles typically have absolutely no incentives or special financing, but considering this isn't technically a Ford Performance vehicle and it qualifies for a/x/z plan, maybe they will at least give some incentive like $500 to finance with Ford credit.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
None are currently listed so I wouldn't count on it. Ford performance vehicles typically have absolutely no incentives or special financing, but considering this isn't technically a Ford Performance vehicle and it qualifies for a/x/z plan, maybe they will at least give some incentive like $500 to finance with Ford credit.
The GT is not a performance vehicle? What about the GT Performance Edition?

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
The GT is not a performance vehicle? What about the GT Performance Edition?
As far as I know it was not developed by the Ford Performance team (formally SVT in the US) like the Ford GT, Mustang GT350/500, Raptor, Focus RS, etc. Ford Performance is heavily involved in motorsports but no Mach E is really track rated (the 1400 is a marketing special) likely because the cooling demand on the battery and motors would require a complete redesign to pull out heat fast enough from sustained high currents under track driving.

I believe the Mach E GT is more of mainstream program developed mostly by the regular engineering team akin to Mustang GT coupe. I also hope that means it rides better than my current RS.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you didn’t already have a GT reservation then it’s probably a moot point. You’re probably getting a 2022 GT for a newly placed order.

I would anticipate zero incentives on the 2021 GT.
I would agree with you and not others posting. You have been a great resource to the forum.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
As far as I know it was not developed by the Ford Performance team (formally SVT in the US) like the Ford GT, Mustang GT350/500, Raptor, Focus RS, etc. Ford Performance is heavily involved in motorsports but no Mach E is really track rated (the 1400 is a marketing special) likely because the cooling demand on the battery and motors would require a complete redesign to pull out heat fast enough from sustained high currents under track driving.

I believe the Mach E GT is more of mainstream program developed mostly by the regular engineering team akin to Mustang GT coupe. I also hope that means it rides better than my current RS.
Yeah, but the Edge ST and Explorer ST and Ford Performance vehicles - Oh well - I was hoping for the Red Window Sticker

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
They say delivery fall to end of year for current pre-orders. That kinda should be a '22. Otherwise, you get a whole model years depreciation in just a month or two. Seems odd.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
That's correct and as of yesterday the Ford build and price started showing some ford options financing incentives, which is encouraging.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag

Ford Performance Team members extensively tested, and tuned, the GTPE on their NASCAR simulator. The "Unbridled Extended" mode on the GTPE is for track use only, to manage on-track heat buildup (and to turn off most of the nannies).
Sponsored