Mach E GT no longer available in Infinite Blue

litlwyld66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Ford - 17 RS, 18 Expedition, 65-66 Mustangs
Country flag
Just received the following message from Ford indicating that Infinite Blue is no longer available for my GT reservation. It has now been changed to Grabber Blue. Very disappointed! I'm not interested in Grabber Blue but had my heart set on Infinite Blue. Why the change?

Hi XXX,
Ford recently updated the Mustang Mach-E GT exterior color choices. Your current reservation color is no longer offered and we have modified your reservation to a similar color. Please be assured that when it's time to place your final order, you can select the color of your choice.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please call 1-800-404-4977 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.
Reservation Information:
XXX XXXXXXX
Reservation ID
YOUR NEW COLOR:
Grabber Blue Metallic
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's a really good question. They are so focused on getting enough grays and silvers they had to take the infinite blue off... more than 2 actual non-grayscale colors would be just too hard to manage...

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
WTF! Now I'm mad as hell. I got the same email. Ford changed my color to that awful bright "look at me" Grabber Blue. I don't want the car anymore!

TerriL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
Country flag
“Grabber Blue” color is a deal breaker for me. Two gray colors and two white colors, but they couldn’t find a classic blue? I’m holding on to my reservation for now, and at the same time will continue to shop other makes/models. The Jag iPace is getting good reviews for 2021 - it’s up there in price, but a beautiful vehicle. And the blue they offer is vibrant, but not over-the-top like “Grabber Blue.” Bums me out that Ford is having issues with paint options - shouldn’t that be the easy part of rolling out a new vehicle? Making it very hard to stay a Ford family as we enter the fully electric market. Sigh.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
“Grabber Blue” color is a deal breaker for me. Two gray colors and two white colors, but they couldn’t find a classic blue? I’m holding on to my reservation for now, and at the same time will continue to shop other makes/models. The Jag iPace is getting good reviews for 2021 - it’s up there in price, but a beautiful vehicle. And the blue they offer is vibrant, but not over-the-top like “Grabber Blue.” Bums me out that Ford is having issues with paint options - shouldn’t that be the easy part of rolling out a new vehicle? Making it very hard to stay a Ford family as we enter the fully electric market. Sigh.
Do you like the Rapid Red color or the cyber orange? The red looks sharp.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Bums me out that Ford is having issues with paint options - shouldn’t that be the easy part of rolling out a new vehicle?
It is very mystifying. Kona blue or persian green would look great on the MME.

OP
OP

litlwyld66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Ford - 17 RS, 18 Expedition, 65-66 Mustangs
Country flag
Ford is referred to as the BLUE OVAL, give us another blue option if not Infinite Blue!

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
Dark Matter Gray pushed me over the top from a Carbonized Gray FE to a GT. I would be ticked off too if I had originally reserved an Infinite Blue GT as that was my second favorite color. I prefer the stealth colors over the look at me colors, must be the introvert in me.

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Removing Infinite Blue from the GT is a head scratcher because it is still being offered on the other versions of the car. The Infinite Blue color on the GT makes it more appealing to me as an understated vehicle capable of hitting 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds while not as ubiquitous as grey or silver.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Dark Matter Gray pushed me over the top from a Carbonized Gray FE to a GT.
Really? The rendering of the two colors are almost the same. I had Carbonized Gray selected, which is no longer a selection, but I rather have Space White now anyway now that I've seen it on an actual MachE. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they added a non-metallic gray like on the Focus RS. I want that color so bad. I may have to get a wrap.

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
Really? The rendering of the two colors are almost the same. I had Carbonized Gray selected, which is no longer a selection, but I rather have Space White now anyway now that I've seen it on an actual MachE. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they added a non-metallic gray like on the Focus RS. I want that color so bad. I may have to get a wrap.
The rendering on the Carbonized Gray really looks much darker than what any of the photos of it in the wild over on the Carbonized Gray Club thread look like, so much so that when it was first photographed in the wild many assumed it was Iconic Silver. Like I mentioned before Dark Matter Gray sure looks like a rename of Magnetic Metallic in all the renderings and that it trends more on the black side than silver. I love my 2015 GT in Magnetic so I am hoping for a repeat or a little darker on the MME GT I reserved. I am hoping it shows darker and that is why they put the word Dark in the name of the paint. I guess we can't be sure until it is actually out there but I will gamble on it. I like the Space White as well, I'm not a fan of the bright colors. My Ram 1500 is a deep dark blue, so much so it looks black at night. I was hoping to see something like that. Maybe in the future. Besides, when I am driving my GT next year and someone asks me what the color is called, Dark Matter Gray sounds pretty cool. Well, that is if they can catch me and ask me when I am parked, because most cars certainly aren't going to be able to catch up to me in motion. :cool:

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Any else notice that on ford mach-e site that when you compare model specs that all the features have been removed from the GT and replaced with coming soon, and that in the configurator when using the info option for the interior it states MANUAL passenger seat, despite the picture having a powered seat, lets hope it is all a work in progress and the GT is not getting subjected to classic ford bean counting :(

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
Any else notice that on ford mach-e site that when you compare model specs that all the features have been removed from the GT and replaced with coming soon, and that in the configurator when using the info option for the interior it states MANUAL passenger seat, despite the picture having a powered seat, lets hope it is all a work in progress and the GT is not getting subjected to classic ford bean counting :(
Since the November unveiling they have improved the specs (more HP and torque, faster charging times) and lowered the price on some models. Let's hope this is the case with the GT as well. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored