pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you're also missing the ADAS packages. The GTPE with BlueCruise + glass roof adds something like $2400 but it costs another $10k for Tesla FSD to get some of the same functionalities. In the end, there's a pretty massive jump from the fully loaded MME GTPE of $61390 (after $7500 federal tax credit) vs. Tesla multi coat red Model Y Performance with FSD at $73990.
I left out FSD since it's tough to compare the two. FSD lets you have autonomous driving in the city and almost any road condition. Blue Cruise is quite limited. Basic Tesla AP (no additional charge) vs Blue Cruise is a fairly close comparison.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I work nearby to where they were doing this event, and crashed it in my Mach-e... I was wondering why there were so many GT's flying around Alameda. It was pretty cool to see all the colors and GT models...
Was that your red MME lurking in the background?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Official Reviews Are Here! Screenshot_20211011-134819

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will be interesting to see what reviewers make of it once they can get them instrument tested, if they also really see such a falloff in performance.

How long do people like to drive around a track anyhow? While 4 miles and 2 laps is definitely better than what you are citing for the Mach-E, that doesn’t sound like much of a track day to me either.
I have yet to see any Model 3, Model Y, or S report an overheat condition at the drag strip. I've only seen overheating with the Model 3 Performance at road courses, which are more extreme conditions, so that's the only comparison I have for balls to the walls type of driving conditions.

Personally, I've done two back to back 0-130-0-130 mph runs on my Y and there's no issue with the software throttling back. Coolant temps remain well under normal operating conditions and the coolant flow barely budges. Normal coolant flow is around 5 liters per minute. After the hard runs, it runs under 10 LPM. For comparison, during L3 supercharging, it's 16 LPM, which is when there is the most heat increase in the battery pack and through the Stator motors.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I left out FSD since it's tough to compare the two. FSD lets you have autonomous driving in the city and almost any road condition. Blue Cruise is quite limited. Basic Tesla AP (no additional charge) vs Blue Cruise is a fairly close comparison.
I think BlueCruise and FSD are worth comparing.

Autopark and handsfree driving are available on GT/PE now with the BlueCruise package but require a $10k payment with the Tesla and even so, handsfree isn't actually available for anyone other than those who meet certain criteria.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I think BlueCruise and FSD are worth comparing.

Autopark and handsfree driving are available on GT/PE now with the BlueCruise package but require a $10k payment with the Tesla and even so, handsfree isn't actually available for anyone other than those who meet certain criteria.

I have a model Y with basic autopilot. Also, have a GTPE with Blue Cruise on order. Having said that, I would disagree that blue Cruise is comparable to FSD. Blue cruise does have autopark, but from what I've seen on other cars, I'm going to assume that Blue cruise, until proven otherwise, is a gimmick and most people can park faster by themself. Even Tesla's FSD autopark is slow.

As far as hands free, that is not available officially from Testa AP, but could be solved with a magnetic weight.

Pro of AP is that it can be used almost anywhere, and having used it for 20k miles in all sorts of highways including heavy construction zone with faint lane markers, I have to say that I am quite impressed with its accurancy. Blue cruise on the other hand can only be used on highways that have been marked by ford.

From the videos of FSD, it's in a whole different league than blue cruise. It's not even fair to compare the two. Hence the 10k mark-up.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a model Y with basic autopilot. Also, have a GTPE with Blue Cruise on order. Having said that, I would disagree that blue Cruise is comparable to FSD. Blue cruise does have autopark, but from what I've seen on other cars, I'm going to assume that Blue cruise, until proven otherwise, is a gimmick and most people can park faster by themself. Even Tesla's FSD autopark is slow.

As far as hands free, that is not available officially from Testa AP, but could be solved with a magnetic weight.

Pro of AP is that it can be used almost anywhere, and having used it for 20k miles in all sorts of highways including heavy construction zone with faint lane markers, I have to say that I am quite impressed with its accurancy. Blue cruise on the other hand can only be used on highways that have been marked by ford.

From the videos of FSD, it's in a whole different league than blue cruise. It's not even fair to compare the two. Hence the 10k mark-up.
There are owners on the forum who can probably speak more knowledgeably about BlueCruise vs. FSD. All I know is that Tesla says AP is not a handsfree system, but Ford says BlueCruise is truly handsfree (on designated freeways).

I've driven Tesla AP and Enhanced AP a few times over a few hundred miles and while it's a decent ADAS setup, there are some things that spook the fcuk out of me, like phantom braking, or the sudden release of the steering wheel when you take manual control, not to mention the auditory overload of the bings and bongs as it engages/disengages.

Two of my closest friends plus my father-in-law all have Teslas with FSD I.O.U., and none of them can drive handsfree. Also, you should check out Tom Moloughney's video on FSD beta. Tom says FSD videos you see on YouTube are curating the narrative.

All that being said, FSD and BlueCruise are roughly equivalent to use in pricing to get the Level 2+ autonomous driving features.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
The autoblog review was silly. All of the comparisons they made was to a Model 3 performance. Why are they comparing a midsize crossovers range and performance to a compact sedan?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Neither the mach-e or the model-Y come remotely close to the interior quality expected at this price point, lets kid ourselves there is a lot of hard scratchy plastic in all the wrong places in the cabin of the mach-e and it lacks features one would normally expect in this class of CUV, however due to the issue of BEV's costing more than an ICE which the tax credit helps offset I will cut ford some slack here, but once the tax credit goes on the mach-e it needs a hair cut on the price otherwise if Ford wants to continue playing in the premium price points sandbox then they need to add premium features.

Onto the second point, again I am the expectation where any performance was a bonus, but it really doesn't come close to the expected performance of a 480bhp EV CUV, Ford certainly have the engineering talent but so far when it comes to making a performance CUV they have only made one real good attempt at it and the mach-e GT/GTPE is a long way from being the second, starting to think there is more than a hint of the marketing department getting ahead of engineering and nobody telling them otherwise, if you ignore all the performance marketing and go in open eyed thinking GT-Line I think most people will be very happy.
Not remotely close at this price point?

Show me the list of performance crossover/SUVs with a nicer interior for less money.

Anything I can think of with a nicer interior costs more $$.

And remember the price point is starting at $42k (not including tax credit) for the interior.

I’m not saying it’s the best interior, just that the statement “not remotely close” seems inaccurate.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This always makes me LOL when Tesla owners think something like this is a “solution.”

FYI, in case anyone has the idea, painting googlie eyes on your sunglasses is NOT a solution so you could take a nap while using Blue Cruise.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
You can't just add FSD to the Tesla and then say LOL THE MACH IS CHEAPER.

I hate Elon Musk and think FSD is a scam but it still has a lot of functionality that BC doesn't. "hands free" BC is more of a parlor trick at this point than something that is actually useful because I have yet to drive on any road that doesn't force Hands On extremely frequently.

And I don't care about Tesla charging extra for certain colors because I don't really care what color my car is.

For me, the relevant price comparison is 69,440 for the Mach and 62k for the Y so for the guy saying that they're the same price: no they aren't. Maybe the way he would equip them they are, but the way I would, and did, I paid a significant amount more for the Mach that the way I would have ordered the Tesla.

And IIRC some of the options I paid for on the Mach are standard on the Tesla e.g. glass roof and 360 cameras.

Last edited:

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Not remotely close at this price point?

Show me the list of performance crossover/SUVs with a nicer interior for less money.

Anything I can think of with a nicer interior costs more $$.

And remember the price point is starting at $42k (not including tax credit) for the interior.

I’m not saying it’s the best interior, just that the statement “not remotely close” seems inaccurate.
Now that I can officially and unashamedly call myself a fanboi, I'll just put Genesis on this list. You can get a fully optioned GV70 with a 300hp 4 cylinder for something like $48k that would put the MME interior, convenience features, safety features, and tech features to shame. I think the fully base model 4 cylinder starts at like $42k which has 90% of the tech and convenience features of the fully optioned one too. It would lose some on performance, I think it's at something like 6 seconds 0-60 which isn't far off the entry level MME's out there. But that being said, the comparable list of 'performance' SUV's at that price point is extremely small if you also want it to be nice/upscale at the same time.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I think you're also missing the ADAS packages. The GTPE with BlueCruise + glass roof adds something like $2400 but it costs another $10k for Tesla FSD to get some of the same functionalities. In the end, there's a pretty massive jump from the fully loaded MME GTPE of $61390 (after $7500 federal tax credit) vs. Tesla multi coat red Model Y Performance with FSD at $73990.
Giving Ford credit for the $7500 tax rebate is ridiculous. Ford got 69,440 for my car. Not 61,390. I'm not going to be happy with $7500 less car from Ford just because the federal government gave me $7500, and neither should anyone else.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that I can officially and unashamedly call myself a fanboi, I'll just put Genesis on this list. You can get a fully optioned GV70 with a 300hp 4 cylinder for something like $48k that would put the MME interior, convenience features, safety features, and tech features to shame. I think the fully base model 4 cylinder starts at like $42k which has 90% of the tech and convenience features of the fully optioned one too. It would lose some on performance, I think it's at something like 6 seconds 0-60 which isn't far off the entry level MME's out there. But that being said, the comparable list of 'performance' SUV's at that price point is extremely small if you also want it to be nice/upscale at the same time.
Genesis would be on that list of nicer interiors, but it would be a very very short list.

To say the Mach E is “nowhere close” at this price point seems nowhere close to reality.

Line up the $40k crossovers and I’m betting the Mach E interior is right in the middle of the pack.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Genesis would be on that list of nicer interiors, but it would be a very very short list.

To say the Mach E is “nowhere close” at this price point seems nowhere close to reality.

Line up the $40k crossovers and I’m betting the Mach E interior is right in the middle of the pack.
Agreed.
You can get crossovers from most of the non-luxury brands up and beyond $40k and I can’t think of many of those that I prefer over the Mach-Es. It’s pretty much only (some of) the luxury brands and their lightly optioned models in the $40k range, like Genisys, that I would prefer over the Mach-Es.
Sponsored