Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Here's my review of the Mach E GT the car drives handles and performs better than I thought it actually handles better than my Mustang gas-powered car that I traded in. So far the performance has been great I'm liking the GT seats over the performance edition seats by far as far as 0 to 60 times its weight fast enough and my understanding is some of the over the air updates will give us better use of the battery pack in the future. So far so good
Sponsored

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Good review. For those who didn’t watch the whole thing, they like the GT seats and suspension better.

I think it’s funny watching all these reviews at once. Each of us picked a different model for our own different reasons, but it’s pretty clear we each are secretly hoping the reviewers agree and say “your choice is definitely best.”

There doesn’t seem to be a consensus at all on things like “comfort.”
LOL, that's definitely True, I liked this review because it validates my choice and makes me feel better. I was stressed watching Kyle's review because he repeated like 5 times that you should get the GTPE over the GT!

Last edited:

MMXX500

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500 2021 MACH-E GT/PE
Occupation
Dosser
Country flag
Hmmm... until absolutely no one buys their next car with that windshield. And tells everyone they know not to buy that windshield. One good stone chip and you need a new $1200 windshield... even the most diehard fans aren't dumb enough to do it twice.
This is true! I worked for a Land Rover dealer until recently and we only ordered the heated windshield option if it was requested. They come in handy once in a while in heavy snow but people don't realize just how expensive they are to replace, also if you don't tell your insurance company you want the oem windshield with heating element they will put in a standard non heated windshield. Usually after people have experienced a broken heated windshield they steer clear when ordering the next vehicle.

The other issue with this windshield and the reason Ford is most likely not offering them is they are near impossible to get since early 2020. We had vehicles parked up behind our service dept waiting for windshields for many many months. I had one customer that purchased a new Land Rover Defender in October 2020, the windshield cracked on the journey home from a rock on the freeway - this was on the drive home after buying the car! We had the car towed back in to us and it sat at our dealership until May of this year because there were no available windshields coming from the U.K.

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
This reviewer talks about the acceleration curve (and the braking) being non-linear, but also said he kept it in Unbridled mode pretty much all the time. Can someone who has a GTPE comment on whether Whisper allows for relaxed driving?
I just about never use Whisper. I haven’t take my car in any long road trips yet, but I would probably try it then to see if it can get higher efficiency. Beyond that, whisper just feels a bit “mushy” to me. Engage is a reasonable balance when out running errands and taking the kids to school. Unbridled is when I want to pay attention to the car, the road, and enjoy the driving experience.

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
This reviewer talks about the acceleration curve (and the braking) being non-linear, but also said he kept it in Unbridled mode pretty much all the time. Can someone who has a GTPE comment on whether Whisper allows for relaxed driving?

That’s exactly how I’d describe Whisper, it’s relaxed. Whisper and one-pedal will probably be my default for around town driving.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I've seen a lot of different posts on this forum about numbers, this, that and the other thing. All I know is that every reviewer seemed to really enjoy driving the cars. To me that's the most important thing. Now if it would just get here already.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I know this isn’t your decision, nor is it your fault.

But seriously Ford…… WTF was the point of the embargo?

They already made everyone wait until a “later date,” and now the “big reveal” that we all waited for is a big pile of nothing topped with marshmallow fluff.

Yes, it is nice to have some professional first drive reviews and impressions, but it makes zero sense what the point of waiting for these was.

Sounds to me like Ford is trying very hard to “control the narrative.” That’s something companies do when doing damage control or trying to hide something. Not a good look.
You know this is the exact same process they do for every new model (and most manufacturers also do this) -- For our 2021 Mach-Es, this was the exact same thing almost a year ago. A couple weeks after the review embargo, the in-depth testing videos started to come out.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You know this is the exact same process they do for every new model (and most manufacturers also do this) -- For our 2021 Mach-Es, this was the exact same thing almost a year ago. A couple weeks after the review embargo, the in-depth testing videos started to come out.
I and apparently many others don’t know this.

Because quite a few have posted many times in the last couple months about how we will “finally see the official numbers” when the embargo ends.

Even multiple reviewers have referenced it even as recently as last week making it seem like that’s all we were waiting for….. the embargo to end.

Then it ended and we still have……. Nothing in terms of real numbers.

Now people are saying “oh of course, it’s weeks after the embargo, don’t you know this?”

Nope, didn’t know. Not once has anyone set that expectation.

Jeff_S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Performance
Country flag
I just about never use Whisper. I haven’t take my car in any long road trips yet, but I would probably try it then to see if it can get higher efficiency. Beyond that, whisper just feels a bit “mushy” to me. Engage is a reasonable balance when out running errands and taking the kids to school. Unbridled is when I want to pay attention to the car, the road, and enjoy the driving experience.
Thanks. I don't want my wife to be afraid of driving the GTPE.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've seen a lot of different posts on this forum about numbers, this, that and the other thing. All I know is that every reviewer seemed to really enjoy driving the cars. To me that's the most important thing. Now if it would just get here already.
A couple of the reviewers liked the car so much the said they were going to buy one!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Spotted this on Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire’s Instagram. This is the review I’ve been waiting for. Hopefully soon

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Official Reviews Are Here! B7F3D9B5-2DB6-4FDC-8302-456AE0091C76

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
12.4 at 103mph 1/4 “feels like someone pulled the drag chutes early.”

108 ft 60-0 braking. Extremely impressive for 5000 lbs.https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/best-and-worst-braking-distances-a2960086475/

They did the slalom and complimented it but didn’t post numbers.