Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
So question for all of you GT owners. If Steeda came out and said that the 5 seconds is all in the tune. We can remap the tune to give you 12 second of full power and make it a 11.?? Second car. We have done it and it doesn't seem to hurt the car but you will probably loose your warranty. Would you go for it.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So question for all of you GT owners. If Steeda came out and said that the 5 seconds is all in the tune. We can remap the tune to give you 12 second of full power and make it a 11.?? Second car. We have done it and it doesn't seem to hurt the car but you will probably loose your warranty. Would you go for it.
It didn’t stop me from modifying my last few cars……

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It didn’t stop me from modifying my last few cars……
Same here, I have tuned/modded my 2010 GT500 (now sold), 2013 2.0T Fusion, and 2017 Fusion Sport all WELL within the warranty period. Never had to make any sort of claim on any of them. Now, with the Mach E.... I am not sure what I would do. Probably wait and see.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Here’s a nice slalom race vs a GT PP1:

And racing a Steeda GT350

1. Another sad commentary on the GTPE.

2. That was a dogshit run by the GT350. 2.19 60ft on aggressive rubber at a prepped track is freaking amateur night. 12.6@115 in a 350 is a joke. I’d like to know the DA for that run because that’s just way too slow.

3. Lmfao at the comment on the GTPE racing a “standard” MME later and running the same 101mph trap speed. I assume it was a 4X.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The front of the MME definitely needs to be modified so that it can be decambered. I hope Steeda comes out with a camber modification. ??

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. Another sad commentary on the GTPE.

2. That was a dogshit run by the GT350. 2.19 60ft on aggressive rubber at a prepped track is freaking amateur night. 12.6@115 in a 350 is a joke. I’d like to know the DA for that run because that’s just way too slow.

3. Lmfao at the comment on the GTPE racing a “standard” MME later and running the same 101mph trap speed. I assume it was a 4X.
How is beating a PP1 on the slalom course by a full second sad? 1000 extra pounds vs the best Mustang GT ever?

I actually thought it was a great showing. Sure, most of the “win” was in the launch, but it kept that lead meaning it matched the GT PP1 throughout the course.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Same here, I have tuned/modded my 2010 GT500 (now sold), 2013 2.0T Fusion, and 2017 Fusion Sport all WELL within the warranty period. Never had to make any sort of claim on any of them. Now, with the Mach E.... I am not sure what I would do. Probably wait and see.

I keep waiting for one of you guys to splice in a chiller to the inverter coolant line.... it would be a very 'reversible' mod.

my bet is that splicing in a copper coil of tubing running thru a frunk-full of ICE would give you measurably more time at 100% throttle. If that looks promising, there would be more sophisticated, lighter, and less sloshy ways to do it. ;)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
How is beating a PP1 on the slalom course by a full second sad? 1000 extra pounds vs the best Mustang GT ever?

I actually thought it was a great showing. Sure, most of the “win” was in the launch, but it kept that lead meaning it matched the GT PP1 throughout the course.
I was mainly referring to the drag race actually. But, the PP1 GT is hardly the best Mustang GT ever, the PP2 trounces it on road courses. I’ve driven both as well as the GT350.

That’s not to belittle the GTPE because I’ve said before that it handles and stops great. But, a PP2 is to a GT as a 1LE is to a Camaro SS, and a PP1 GT is basically where a GT should start. But, Ford chooses to start regular GTs with 18” wheels, 235 section all season tires etc, to appeal to the masses. But that’s another discussion altogether.

My only issue with the GTPE is the 5 second rule, otherwise it’s a stellar effort.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was mainly referring to the drag race actually. But, the PP1 GT is hardly the best Mustang GT ever, the PP2 trounces it on road courses. I’ve driven both as well as the GT350.

That’s not to belittle the GTPE because I’ve said before that it handles and stops great. But, a PP2 is to a GT as a 1LE is to a Camaro SS, and a PP1 GT is basically where a GT should start. But, Ford chooses to start regular GTs with 18” wheels, 235 section all season tires etc, to appeal to the masses. But that’s another discussion altogether.

My only issue with the GTPE is the 5 second rule, otherwise it’s a stellar effort.
Ah, I didn’t know there was a pp1 and pp2. Learned something new.

Either way, it’s impressive for a big heavy SUV to be even close, let alone win.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I keep waiting for one of you guys to splice in a chiller to the inverter coolant line.... it would be a very 'reversible' mod.

my bet is that splicing in a copper coil of tubing running thru a frunk-full of ICE would give you measurably more time at 100% throttle. If that looks promising, there would be more sophisticated, lighter, and less sloshy ways to do it. ;)
This would do nothing to increase the 5 second limit. The limit is tuned in.

It’s highly unlikely that the limit is feedback based on temperature.

We’ve seen the data logs and the only temperature that moves significantly during a run is the inverter temp. And that only spikes for a second and is cooling significantly during a 5 second run.

The spike in temp seems unrelated to the limit.

Here’s a log of multiple back to back 0-100 mph runs:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT PE vs Mustang GT350 and GT PP1 @ Quarter Mile Drag Strip and Autocross Slalom BC29C51E-7FEB-4663-B750-ADA33F0392C9

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This would do nothing to increase the 5 second limit. The limit is tuned in.

It’s highly unlikely that the limit is feedback based on temperature.
I agree 100%. I would be shocked if the limit is based on anything other than a time/speed/SOC table. There is no way it can be reading temperature of something and reacting that quickly and consistently, despite the weather and external temp.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I agree 100%. I would be shocked if the limit is based on anything other than a time/speed/SOC table. There is no way it can be reading temperature of something and reacting that quickly and consistently, despite the weather and external temp.
well.... we certainly have different opinions on this one. I've been driving BEVs since 2008, and I can tell you that Inverters are capable of sensing their internal temps rapidly, and clamping down on current to reduce heat is the typical way they prevent damage to themselves.

The resolution of the sensor readings in those runs I don't think is fine enough to make any definitive statements. If it were just current versus inverter temp, on as fine a time resolution as possible, you may draw different conclusions.

..... unless we have an actual Ford Engineer to chime in, its just conjecture until disproved. One simple reversible mod to test the theory would be to splice in a chiller on the Inverter coolant loop and see if you get full current for more time by keeping the Inverter below xxx degrees.
Sponsored