Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Anyone with magneride experience? I am probably going to choose the GT performance but I have no experience with magneride. Not sure if I would like it or not. I donā€™t plan to do any track racing. Does it improve regular driving? I live on a mile long stone driveway and wouldnā€™t mind 2 inches of higher clearance. Any reason it couldnā€™t be lifted an inch or 2?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Every time I'm out driving and see a Tesla, I think about the fact that I'd get dropped in a heartbeat in a 4X. It makes me a bit sad cuz the Premium 4X is stellar. I'm wondering if my kindergartner is going to lose his teeth early just riding in the backseat of a GT without Magneride.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Every time I'm out driving and see a Tesla, I think about the fact that I'd get dropped in a heartbeat in a 4X. It makes me a bit sad cuz the Premium 4X is stellar. I'm wondering if my kindergartner is going to lose his teeth early just riding in the backseat of a GT without Magneride.
Magneride is for stiffening the ride, not loosening it up. Softest ride will be in the non-performance models.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Magneride is for stiffening the ride, not loosening it up. Softest ride will be in the non-performance models.
While you are 100% correct that the MagneRide shocks will stiffen up the ride (instantly I may add) it all depends on where it starts at the softest setting. The original MagneRide shocks on my Focus RS (2016) were much stiffer than the REV 2 MagneRide shocks that Ford introduced on the 2017 model. I changed to those and the RS rode much better (smoother). The MagneRide shocks on my GT500 are even softer than the REV 2 RS shocks. Yes I know there is a weight difference and GT500 is a completely different car. It is very possible that the MagneRide shocks on the MME GT could start out softer in the normal mode than the non GT standard shocks and then when dialed up to the sportier settings become much stiffer.

Another route you can take, one that I also did on my Focus RS, was to purchase a DSC Sport Controller Module that replaces the OEM controller module in the car for the MagneRide shocks and you can with your computer, fine tune and adjust the stiffness/rebound, etc., of the shocks to your liking in each mode. That was a fun toy to play with but in the end it was more useful if you tracked the car which I only did once.

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag