Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I, for one, want the glass roof and performance. The car is already stupid heavy but most of that weight is in the battery along the bottom. The difference in the weight on the roof will be negligible
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I, for one, want the glass roof and performance. The car is already stupid heavy but most of that weight is in the battery along the bottom. The difference in the weight on the roof will be negligible
Mazda's MX5 has the right idea...added weight is added weight. "Negligible" weight savings add up to performance improvements. That's why I'm hoping that the GT's "Performance Seats" are not motorized...that'll save maybe 30 lbs. per seat. For performance, save every ounce everywhere you can (glass roofs are many, many pounds).

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Mazda's MX5 has the right idea...added weight is added weight. "Negligible" weight savings add up to performance reductions. That's why I'm hoping that the GT's "Performance Seats" are not motorized...that'll save maybe 30 lbs. per seat. For performance, save every ounce everywhere you can (glass roofs are many, many pounds).
While this is true, for my needs this will be my daily driver. I don't need to shave off seconds on the track due to weight because I won't be tracking this car. The car will do me just fine for taking out the random Dodge Challenger or Chevy Camaro on the street though.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A glass roof is something like 200lbs. It'll definitely affect cornering and stop/go compared to the thin sheet metal you'll otherwise find on a car roof. Most owners won't care though. We just want a nice MME but with the ability to slay just about anything from a stoplight or on ramp.

In the old Fox body days, there was a Mustang called the LX that had an option for a 5.0 engine. I'd love a MME Premium AWD ER with the secondary drive unit swapped out for the GT's.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We still have a few hours of 2020 remaining. Think we'll get the final EPA range?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 Screenshot_20201231-160314~2

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
That's a 235 silver wheel. The GT Performance is a 245 width and is EBONY BLACK-PAINTED WHEELS. Unless they are changing it.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
We still have a few hours of 2020 remaining. Think we'll get the final EPA range?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 140266535_745339123067637_7803252007033185119_n
I'm glad I'll be getting the Ford Ford Performance Seats. I wouldn't be able to settle for just one Ford Performance. I need double Fords in my seating selection

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Anyone have some spec rumors about the GT performance? Someone alluded that they had some inside info that they would beat the 3.5 second time.
I know I know, a rumor of a rumor but we need some tidbits to keep the wait going.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Anyone have some spec rumors about the GT performance? Someone alluded that they had some inside info that they would beat the 3.5 second time.
I know I know, a rumor of a rumor but we need some tidbits to keep the wait going.
A senior member of Team Edison told me that (paraphrasing here) "We're doing everything we can to improve the "Performance Edition". Losing weight is the key. Ideally (NOTE: what TE is STRIVING for...not necessarily what TE is going to get) we could get the performance somewhere near C8 Corvette territory. That's why the GT doesn't come with a sunroof as standard...losing weight is key".

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
A senior member of Team Edison told me that (paraphrasing here) "We're doing everything we can to improve the "Performance Edition". Losing weight is the key. Ideally (NOTE: what TE is STRIVING for...not necessarily what TE is going to get) we could get the performance somewhere near C8 Corvette territory. That's why the GT doesn't come with a sunroof as standard...losing weight is key".
That would be 2.8 seconds. That would be quite the marketing specs if they can even get close. Hope it still has seats in it ?

silvercurves-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
Sorry if I missed it but any speculations on 1/4 times for GT or PE? Looks like Ys are doing high 11's to low 12s so I presume MACH E will do the same?

Leaning towards PE option assuming not over $6K and I would switch out the summers with all season performance (like Conti DWS06) for around $1,000.

Last edited: