silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was hoping Ford was conservative with 3.8 sec for GT and in real life we'd see 3.5 sec for GT and perhaps something lower for GT Performance (say 3.2 sec)? However, recent magazine tests for Premium seems to indicate they are at or even slower than advertised (e.g., 5.1 tested vs 4.8 sec advertised). I know we are splitting hairs after under 4 sec's.. but we are paying premium for GT or GT Performance and we'd love to see this matching, if not beating MY (3.5sec 1/4 under 12 sec).
To be fair to Ford, the original target spec was 5.5 seconds 0 to 60. So by that metric, Ford has exceeded expectations.

There's also the difference between standing start and 1-ft rollout. Car & Driver even notes that their 5.1s 0-60 excluded the 0.3s for the 1-ft rollout which Ford uses in the online specs.
Sponsored

silvercurves-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
To be fair to Ford, the original target spec was 5.5 seconds 0 to 60. So by that metric, Ford has exceeded expectations.

There's also the difference between standing start and 1-ft rollout. Car & Driver even notes that their 5.1s 0-60 excluded the 0.3s for the 1-ft rollout which Ford uses in the online specs.

Ah got it. Fair enough - so not really apples to apples comparison. C&D must not like Mach E :D

Regardless, Tesla advertises 4.8 but delivers 4.4. Hoping GT will under promise and over deliver.

Last edited:

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Differences: Magneride shocks, metal roof, 245 width stickier tires, non-aero wheels, different interior.

Range will definitely be affected by the tires and wheels. It's possible the electrical drain of the shocks also makes a difference.
As far as I know, the initial input below is still in line with what we can expect differences to be.
To clarify, metal roof is not a difference between the GT Performance and non-Performance — both come standard with metal roof.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 1612790527734

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
As far as I know, the initial input below is still in line with what we can expect differences to be.
To clarify, metal roof is not a difference between the GT Performance and non-Performance — both come standard with metal roof.

1612790527734.jpeg
I really hope there is some customization in the options. I want the glass roof and performance wheels but I’m not really interested in the magride suspension or summer tires. I think though if it’s an all or nothing type package, I’ll stay standard GT with a glass roof and just search for some aftermarket wheels. I’m not really a fan of the stock aero wheels

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I really hope there is some customization in the options. I want the glass roof and performance wheels but I’m not really interested in the magride suspension or summer tires. I think though if it’s an all or nothing type package, I’ll stay standard GT with a glass roof and just search for some aftermarket wheels. I’m not really a fan of the stock aero wheels
I think what is on that sheet is an all-or-nothing package. In other words, you can’t have the additional performance of the Performance package and not get the magneride.
However, again the standard vs Performance package has nothing to do with glass roof selection. Neither comes with it standard and we haven’t seen anything indicating it won’t be an option if you select Performance option.
I agree that if all you care about is forged vs cast wheels, it makes more sense to go aftermarket than pay for the Performance package.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Has anyone come across pics of the GT with standard wheels without the aero covers on? I know there’s a product sheet image that was floating around in the brochure that shows the stock non-performance wheels without the aero covers but are there any images of them on the car without the covers?

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
This has become my de facto GT thread, so I'll ask here ;)

How does priority work in terms of ordering a GT once they open up in April? Do they have tranches of reservation holders at a time over given periods, with priority based on the date of reservation? Or do they just accept orders, come one come all, and then prioritize based on reservation date? I guess that would make more sense.

Really curious how this process works in an equitable manner, and I assume it'll be the same as the non-GT reservation conversion process, but I likewise have no idea how that worked.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This has become my de facto GT thread, so I'll ask here ;)

How does priority work in terms of ordering a GT once they open up in April? Do they have tranches of reservation holders at a time over given periods, with priority based on the date of reservation? Or do they just accept orders, come one come all, and then prioritize based on reservation date? I guess that would make more sense.

Really curious how this process works in an equitable manner, and I assume it'll be the same as the non-GT reservation conversion process, but I likewise have no idea how that worked.
This is pure speculation but it appears that with the "normal" Mach E orders, they didn't really take order or reservation number into account. There were people who reserved day 1 and ordered as soon as they can who got their cars after people who waited a bit. I'm not sure of their process, but I think it's somewhat dictated by delivery location so they can consolidate their shipments from south of the border.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
This is pure speculation but it appears that with the "normal" Mach E orders, they didn't really take order or reservation number into account. There were people who reserved day 1 and ordered as soon as they can who got their cars after people who waited a bit. I'm not sure of their process, but I think it's somewhat dictated by delivery location so they can consolidate their shipments from south of the border.
Ahh, so at the very least it is far more opaque than I was hoping. Okay, thanks.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I admittedly reserved late. As in, October 12th of this year for the GT. When I launched the website, it only had a GT option listed and it said on their website 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I'm a performance minded person. It didn't have an asterisk saying, "with optional performance package". I reserved based on the 3.5 0-60 time. 3.8, although only .3 seconds, is slower and not what I was expecting. I currently drive a 4 second car (heavily modified, but still). I wanted something faster.

I know that ICE GT's have the "base" and performance options and have for years, but the reservation site didn't allude to any of that, even up until at least 2 months ago. Now I'm just going to have to wait and see what the Performance Pack pricing is, but if its 10k like I saw someone else reference, that puts the faster GT out of my comfort zone. I can afford it, I just don't want to at that price. So yes, its a new gripe, but I feel justified for it personally.
The 0-60 time for the GT ALWAYS had an asterisk next to the 3.5", with "with Performance options" appended to that asterisk. ALWAYS!!!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Turns out that a big benefit of being GT reservation holders means a lot of the niggles our FE, Select, and Premium compadres are dealing with will all be sorted out by the time we get our cars.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If Ford sold an acceleration boost for the Mach-E 4X to get 0-60 times down to say 4.3 seconds, would you get it instead of the GT?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If Ford sold an acceleration boost for the Mach-E 4X to get 0-60 times down to say 4.3 seconds, would you get it instead of the GT?
For me personally, no. I've heavily modified my current daily driver and I'm right about there with 0-60 currently. I want something faster.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Finally got a build date on my Premium...May 17. So early summer delivery I assume. That definitely keeps my GT reservation in play for now.
Sponsored