agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Didn't I see on the Ford site that both the GT and Performance GT have 3.5 0-60? How is the PGT faster then? Is it just shocks, bakes and wheels?
Sponsored

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
"Customers who have already reserved the Mustang Mach-E GT will have the opportunity to add the Performance Edition package at time of ordering in spring 2021." As noted, this will add to the cost, but will it also add to the wait for those (like me) who ordered in 11/19. In other words, does adding all the goodies make you wait longer - and I thought the GT as initially offered was already supposed to hit 60 MPH in the 3 to 4 sec range? Bait and switch?

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I’m not concerned at all about the range of 230 vs 250.
My 69 Mach1 only gets about 8mpg (when having fun) and about 17 on the highway.
I want the GT. I probably want the performance edition. But gonna wait and see. This car will ultimately be my wife’s car, and the car we drive our child around in. So comfort is going to be a driving factor. If the seat is too race oriented and we can’t properly enjoy a road trip then we will stick with the base GT

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
When the reveal happened and the GT rolled out in grabber blue with on a set of wheels, neither of which shown on the GT reservation page, my first thought was expect plenty of extra $$$ options for the GT.

As price has not been mentioned maybe it will get a similar hair cut as everything else, if the base price remains at 60K then relasticltally the performance option can't be that much extra otherwise any supposed competitive price saving from potential tax credits will be pretty irrelevant if it ends up a at 65k for a lot less range compared the the model Y, can't really comment on performance as we don't have the full picture yet but with the current projected range deficit the performance needs to be a lot better than the Y not just the same.
As-is, the GT is kind of a tough sell against the Model Y Performance when you lay out the specs on paper.

The Model Y Performance has superior performance, greater EPA range, plus much faster charging than the GT/GTP. Plus it has the glass roof. Alternatively, the $50k Y with a $2k acceleration boost is only a half-second off of the GT.

Maybe I should have just converted my Premium order...*sigh*

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
As-is, the GT is kind of a tough sell against the Model Y Performance when you lay out the specs on paper.

The Model Y Performance has superior performance, greater EPA range, plus much faster charging than the GT/GTP. Plus it has the glass roof. Alternatively, the $50k Y with a $2k acceleration boost is only a half-second off of the GT.

Maybe I should have just converted my Premium order...*sigh*
I'm thinking the same thing. That's a tough nut to swallow. For now I'm glad I'm getting the FE, but later next year, my GT order is now questionable. That is if and only if tesla's production quality slackness gets a kick in the right direction. I do much prefer the MEGT overall, but the compromises and extra costs are concerning. Range being foremost. We'll see..

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
If you have to ask...
Per MotorTrend:
"...we wager the Performance Edition kit adds a few thousand dollars to the Mach-E GT's estimated $61,600 starting price."

It's a timing thing for me. I need the car by April at the latest. I would have loved to get the GT Performance in Cyber Orange, which was the original plan. But it was obviously pushed back quite a bit from the original delivery estimate. So now I'm "stuck" (very happy about it regardless) with a First Edition in Grabber Blue (build week Jan 4th).

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don’t know if someone answer this already..

So what is the difference between the Mach E GT and the Mach E GT Performance.. both was stated to be targeting 0-60 in mid 3’s (3.5sec),
and the first GT had a 250 miles range no?

what am I missing?

UPDate .. just see the new spec sheet ..

E4B4EE03-8051-424F-BC1F-1EE9801279F3.png

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I wonder what dufus in the zoom meeting decided that would be in the dropped feature list? Seems so random.
There HAS to be something in the way taking the space of a camera/sensor that would have made the system possible.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
and I thought the GT as initially offered was already supposed to hit 60 MPH in the 3 to 4 sec range? Bait and switch?
NO, not bait and switch. The GT is "sub 4 second", and the perf is 3.5 sec. Those are targets. Expect 1/4s shaved off of those times in the real cars.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
GT Performance? I always thought GT was synonymous with performance. Its like saying "Clever, Intelligent Genius". Guess its just adding emphasis to PeeerrRRRRfooooooomance

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
There HAS to be something in the way taking the space of a camera/sensor that would have made the system possible.
I guess we'll see when we're able to add features. If it can be added that just means Ford removed it for no reason