Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
What are the odds of aftermarket suspensions for the GT? A quick photoshop to take away the wheel well gap has me thinking I might need it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 1606857159536

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Speaking of ICE Mustangs, Ford also doesn’t include all the premium options on the standard “base” GT. You pay extra for the GT performance but don’t automatically get all the features in the non-GT premium vehicle. That’s so that those who want the performance still have the option of getting a GT fully loaded — or not — depending on their budget and priorities.
Yep, and they also have Performance Packages for the ICE Mustang GT (Level 2 was dropped for MY2021 however, to avoid crowding the Mach I):

https://www.drivingline.com/article...ce-pack-1-real-world-friendly-real-world-fun/

The Performance Edition is the Mach E GT's analog to these packages.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Lots of cars have that. The Porsche turbo s vs the turbo is ÂŁ21k for just 0.1 secs more 0-60. However some people would pay to have the best car possible.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Think we have an answer to why brembo brakes weren’t mentioned prior to now. Sneaky (bad) marketing to position it as upgrade when it’s exact same brakes as FE and same again as premium if you just paint em

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm going to sit on my reservations and see what comes. We can't convert our GT reservations until Spring 2021 for Late Summer 2021 delivery anyways so we're just fated to wait.

Maybe Heiser & Co. have something up their sleeve on the specs and options that will come out at a later time. If nothing else, there's the suspense of pricing until spring.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Think we have an answer to why brembo brakes weren’t mentioned prior to now. Sneaky (bad) marketing to position it as upgrade when it’s exact same brakes as FE and same again as premium if you just paint em
Yeah I was hopping the performance upgrade would at least come with 6 piston fronts.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
What are the odds of aftermarket suspensions for the GT? A quick photoshop to take away the wheel well gap has me thinking I might need it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 1606857159536
I am sure the aftermarket will offer all sorts of upgrades, the problem with lowering the ride height further is that as you get suv style doors which cover the full sill you better parallel park only near a very low kerbs or make sure your passengers get out long before you start to park.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
SO, does anyone know if the glass roof will be available with either GT? It does not appear to be, which i don't get. Performance users don't want glass roofs?

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
SO, does anyone know if the glass roof will be available with either GT? It does not appear to be, which i don't get. Performance users don't want glass roofs?
I do see on the Ford site that the panoramic roof is an option on the GT. So that is good :)

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
Word everyone seems to be glossing over is: targeted.

No one here knows what the final numbers will be. Or the trim levels.

The way I see it is there’s 3 possibilities. 1)I hate it, the numbers suck and I get my $$ back. 2)Ford earns my money. Or 3)it’s such a huge hit I take delivery and flip it. Seems like a decent bet to me.

Cyber Orange needs black wheels.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I am sure the aftermarket will offer all sorts of upgrades, the problem with lowering the ride height further is that as you get suv style doors which cover the full sill you better parallel park only near a very low kerbs or make sure your passengers get out long before you start to park.
Haha yeah, I drive a car now with really low ground clearance. I'm well versed in being careful with a modified suspension

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
When I reserved my GT at the beginning of 2020 I did not know there would be an additional uptick for the MagnRide damping and the other goodies that come with this performance package. A little disappointed, especially when Ford reduced the cost on all of the other models. I guess I understand that Ford has to make the bucks somewhere, and despite all that I will probably get the performance package, but I'll complain for a little while. I'm sure after I drive it though, I will be fully satisfied.
Why complain??? From Day 1, the Magneride was shown as a Performance Edition perk. The GT has the exact same horsepower...what did you think would make the extra-cost Performance Edition different?
Sponsored