David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I couldn't agree with this more. I REALLY wanted a Rivian, but its starting price is what made me stop looking at it. If this price gets out of hand, then I might as well start entertaining the Rivian again. Thankfully I'm in no rush for the new car and I can wait either way. I guess we all just have to wait and see when more info becomes available
I’m in the same boat, I have the GT reserved, however, as it gets closer to 70k, the Rivian looks more attractive. It also qualifies for Section 179 tax right off for business purposes, which would drop the price below the Mach E.
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
This guy sure does love the Mach-E

Last edited:

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Offering more than just added “oomph,” the Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition features sportier components including 19-inch front brakes with red-painted Brembo® calipers as well as 20-inch machined-face Ebony Black-painted pockets paired with 245/45R20 Pirelli summer tires and MagneRide®damping
This concerns me. When it was a typo on some literature I figured whatever. The fact that Ford has a press release with a specification that is literally physically impossible to produce is utter bullshit. I hope I hope some engineer at Ford talks marketing into correcting this. If not, they're doing more damage to this car than they know. Every car guy in the world will read this and know that it is bullshit.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Word everyone seems to be glossing over is: targeted.

No one here knows what the final numbers will be. Or the trim levels.

The way I see it is there’s 3 possibilities. 1)I hate it, the numbers suck and I get my $$ back. 2)Ford earns my money. Or 3)it’s such a huge hit I take delivery and flip it. Seems like a decent bet to me.

Cyber Orange needs black wheels.
So far, Ford has met or exceeded all of its Mach E targets.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those are targets. Expect 1/4s shaved off of those times in the real cars.
I'm curious where this is coming from? 1/4s 0-60 is a BIG difference. The GT500 struggles to meet Ford's 0-60 time. In fact, it can only do it on a chemically prepared track. Don't get me wrong, I really hope you're right. It just seems overly optimistic to me. Perhaps down the road a bit...

horsevxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, 01 Cobra, 86 SVO, Mach E GT
Country flag
Still no specific mention of an illuminated front pony emblem as either standard or an option on the GT. It's hard to tell from these new photos, but it does look like the outline is white and would illuminate like the blue mach e gt press photo shown last week.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
"Customers who have already reserved the Mustang Mach-E GT will have the opportunity to add the Performance Edition package at time of ordering in spring 2021." As noted, this will add to the cost, but will it also add to the wait for those (like me) who ordered in 11/19. In other words, does adding all the goodies make you wait longer
I doubt that adding the performance package will add to the wait time for a GT. Yeah it's possible if there is a unique supplier issue. But otherwise they'd be built on the same line.

Think we have an answer to why brembo brakes weren’t mentioned prior to now. Sneaky (bad) marketing to position it as upgrade when it’s exact same brakes as FE and same again as premium if you just paint em
According to the specs, the brakes are not the same on GTP vs FE or Premium. The GTP rotors are larger and rear caliper has more pistons. (These specs are for GT w/ optional equipment, so I don't know if the brakes are the same between GT and GTP; they might be.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 1606890128612

Still no specific mention of an illuminated front pony emblem as either standard or an option on the GT. It's hard to tell from these new photos, but it does look like the outline is white and would illuminate like the blue mach e gt press photo shown last week.
It's shown in the "Compare Model Specs" section on the Mustang Mach-E web page.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 1606889940378

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
According to the specs, the brakes are not the same on GTP vs FE or Premium. The GTP rotors are larger and rear caliper has more pistons. (These specs are for GT w/ optional equipment, so I don't know if the brakes are the same between GT and GTP; they might be.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Performance Edition Specs and Looks Revealed. 0-60 in 3.5 1606889940378
Would actually be nice if ford used the actual disc size in specs, rather than what I have always assumed to be the minimum wheel size which I do find quite a bizarre, as a result the GT disc could be a full 25mm larger :) or just a couple of mm :( to require bumping up the minimum wheel size.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would actually be nice if ford used the actual disc size in specs, rather than what I have always assumed to be the minimum wheel size which I do find quite a bizarre, as a result the GT disc could be a full 25mm larger :) or just a couple of mm :( to require bumping up the minimum wheel size.
Interesting. I've assumed a typo that Ford marketing isn't smart enough to catch. Here's the GT500 web page; the brakes are correctly listed as 440mm/15.5". GT500 specs If you are correct, and you may well be in this case, why does Ford correctly spec the GT500 brakes and hide the real brake size on other cars? Minimum wheel size tells you nothing about the brakes ability to absorb and dissipate heat. Depending on the caliper and wheel, a minimum wheel size of 19" could mean a rotor diameter of anywhere from 11" to 14.5". a 13" rotor would be good, a 14.5" rotor would be outstanding. I'm still hoping for marketing folks that know nothing about cars and have allowed a typo to be interpreted as real. If Ford is intentionally trying to obscure the actual brake specs, that would be very disturbing.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
That has to be a typo for the rotors. There’s no way you have 19” rotors on a 20” wheel. Also, does an EV need that big of rotors? And changing rotors will be extremely expensive at that size.

For reference, the Lamborghini Urus has 17.5” rotors,and that’s the largest sized rotors on a passenger car.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
That has to be a typo for the rotors. There’s no way you have 19” rotors on a 20” wheel. Also, does an EV need that big of rotors? And changing rotors will be extremely expensive at that size.

For reference, the Lamborghini Urus has 17.5” rotors,and that’s the largest sized rotors on a passenger car.
The typo is on all trims levels so I assumed it must be min wheel size to clear, as there is no way the select has an 18" front discs with an 18" wheel lol, but as they list 17" for the rear who knows what ford at even thinking at this stage with those numbers maybe somebody didn't do a metrics to imperial conversion correctly or are just looking at the wrong things when entering the specs ?

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

It's shown in the "Compare Model Specs" section on the Mustang Mach-E web page.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

Thanks for clarification but you missed my point. The avg driver knows brembo brakes but they purposefully chose not use the name brand on premium even though it has them. It saved the name recognition for the GT

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks for clarification but you missed my point. The avg driver knows brembo brakes but they purposefully chose not use the name brand on premium even though it has them. It saved the name recognition for the GT
I didn't understand your point before, because you said they are the exact same brakes, but they aren't.

Now I understand that you meant the same manufacturer.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I didn't understand your point before, because you said they are the exact same brakes, but they aren't.

Now I understand that you meant the same manufacturer.
The non-GTs have unlabeled Brembo brakes?
Sponsored