Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
YouTube reviews are fine and dandy, some are really good. But IDGAF about any reviews that don’t contain objective data like ETs/trap speeds, lap times etc. Owners in the forum have covered the objective/subjective impressions pretty well so now it’s time to see if the GTs are still only 1/8th mile champs or if they’ve been turned loose into true Quarter Horses.

And one more shout out to all the GT owners putting in work at the track and with their Dragys to try to help us all out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Press Event...reviews incoming BD300A0B-6F0F-4A73-9B73-1AFE9FC799F1
Sponsored

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
We literally have dragy proof from like 5 different GT owners via 50-70+ pulls and trap speeds that the GT isn’t competitive (with even the Volvo, let along the Tesla) past around 60 mph but Ford homers are still arguing and pretending it’s not true? Mind boggling.
Well, not sure what you are comparing to but the numbers I see 50-70 only the TESLA is faster.

(table below based on the numbers from this forum for the GTPE and C&D for rest)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Press Event...reviews incoming Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 9.29.27 PM

I think we had established that the problem is more 60 to 100 (120) ?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Well, not sure what you are comparing to but the numbers I see 50-70 only the TESLA is faster.

(table below based on the numbers from this forum for the GTPE and C&D for rest)
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 9.29.27 PM.png

I think we had established that the problem is more 60 to 100 (120) ?
I said past around 60, not even sure what you’re trying to argue about.

I wasn’t talking about 50-70 runs specifically (hence why I said 50-70+) just saying that those tests plus the trap speed evidence = Ford isn’t competitive at higher speeds, and It isn’t just losing to the Tesla it’s also losing to the Volvo (and the Jaguar).

Last edited:

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Thought you were referring specifically to the 50-70 times, which are still better on the GT

It is clear that the trap times and acceleration beyond the 60 MPH is lacking compared to others, just wanted to be clear on the 50-70 times

Anyway, no sense to keep on discussing this, it has been documented enough.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I wasn’t talking about 50-70 runs specifically (hence why I said 50-70+) just saying that those tests plus the trap speed evidence = Ford isn’t competitive at higher speeds, and It isn’t just losing to the Tesla it’s also losing to the Volvo (and the Jaguar).
Yeah, what's sad is the GTPE is marketed as a Performance variant. The others (Volvo, Jaguar, Audi) are just the normal version. GTPE is slower then the Y Long Range with the acceleration boost, and slower then the Y Performance.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle really has me questioning whether I should take delivery of my regular GT which should be delivered today. Almost sprung for the GTPE just because of magnirde, but seats looked weird to me so decided against.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Here (24:38, few seconds in) Kyle from OutOfSpec says Ford is working on 1/4 mile optimizations. He says it pretty fast but it is clear he said they are working on it and named the engineer who he was getting his info from. Also said he'll be testing it more when he gets a car to test for longer.

Last edited:

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I'd love to be wrong but I don't see them picking up 10 mph in trap with "optimizations."

Brazenbuck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE | Shelby GT500
Country flag
I'd love to be wrong but I don't see them picking up 10 mph in trap with "optimizations."
Agreed. It would be great if one of these “influencers” asked point blank about the quarter mile performance and published that answer or lack thereof.

I stand by what I said as people started getting theirs and posting ETs. Ford wanted a peformance version to sell against Tesla, but don’t want to go whole hog and build an EV Mustang that outruns a gas Mustang (Shelby’s excluded), so you get what we’ve got. Mule kick to 60 and handles well for a SUV. If Ford wanted to brag about quarter mile times, they would have rented Milan dragway in Milan MI and run the car there. They don’t, so they didn’t.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle really has me questioning whether I should take delivery of my regular GT which should be delivered today. Almost sprung for the GTPE just because of magnirde, but seats looked weird to me so decided against.
Relax. Wait til you drive it on your local roads. I assume you’re referring to his complaints about the standard GT shock tuning. The complaints could be a bit overblown considering he was on one road for about 2 minutes before dismissing the GT totally. Maybe not. Besides, I’m sure Koni, Bilstein or another will be offering a good set of adjustable shocks that’ll cost less than 1/4 of the $5K PE option.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The complaints could be a bit overblown considering he was on one road for about 2 minutes before dismissing the GT totally.
That's what I'm hoping. @markboris did mention that swapping out the premium shocks with GT ones helped with the bounciness, so it's interesting that Kyle was that quick to dislike the feel.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Noted. I’d actually just prefer a smoother ride and hoping it’s better than what my AWD EX offers now. I can’t imagine I will ever see a track with the GT, as I never have before in my life.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Don't fret it. I too went GT over GT PE, because while I sought high performance, I also wanted seats that fit wider people and tires that worked year 'round in mid-Atlantic weather, and while I would have liked the Magneride suspension, it wasn't worth the other tradeoffs, especially as I don't live near canyon roads or autocross tracks. Everyone's needs are different. Happily, Ford offers Mach-Es that fit most of ours. {Jonathan}

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So far so good all the features in the GT have been worth the wait. This car hauls ass if I could just get my brain to center back in my skull after doing so many off-the-line shots I might be able to write this better. Cornering is surprisingly good considering I'm using all-season tires I think that has a lot to do with the center of gravity and weight of the car.

The build quality of the car his excellent I'm having a hard time trying to find any issues with the build quality fit and finish is great everything on the car works as expected including blue cruise. What it does and what the manual state it does are exactly the same things. I will say this if you're buying an electric car because you think you're saving the environment look again this is the first electric car that I feel comfortable enough with and to walk away from a gas-powered car. Are battery-powered cars better than gas-powered cars I think they both serve their purposes?

It is the most expensive golf cart I've ever purchased not to say that I've ever purchased a golf cart and I don't say that in a bad way. I had a 240 V 50 amp circuit put in my house and charging has been a breeze get me up to that hundred percent and shut off. Working with the chargers out in the real world they all seem to work as expected I pull the car up plug it in and it just goes no credit card needed etc.

Being a big guy makes an even fit in this car I am surprised at the continued headroom even though I don't have the glass roof. Is it fun to drive yes? Am I worried about not being able to charge it no not at all? The car offers plenty of options to get power to the batteries.

Here's an interesting little trick my wife is going to use the car a couple of days a week to go to work since electricity is half the cost of gas we're saving money by letting her use it twice a week. Now with gas prices so stupidly out of proportion. Anyways I believe it's the right mix of fun and practicality.
Sponsored