Mach-E GT Range on 100% is now 225mi! What gives

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I currently have a 7 week old Mach-E GT. Have currently 3k miles on the odometer. My 90% charge shows to be 200mi. (100% is just around 225mi). It used to be 265mi when full but I don't know where the 40mi range have dropped to? I have only charged it to 100% twice, otherwise I always charge to 90%. Any advice?
No matter what you charge to, it has ZERO impact on range.
Most of my driving is in whisper and I pretty light on the pedal.
Driving mode has zero impact on efficiency.
I drive strictly on flat ground. Mild CA temps, (e.g 70F). Mostly highway drive, about 70mi/h, but not all the drive is highway.
Did you recently get the recall update? It reset the driving history, which has to readjust to your driving habits.

All you need to do is take the miles per kWh and multiple times your battery size.
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
even though fuel is unleaded, I think a leadfoot has something to do with it

Jes sayin. You need a GOM tutorial

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
off topic, a bit...how do you like those tires? Range affected, road noise and traction?
Re: Crossclimate 2's, range about the same as the OEM Pirelli summer's, road noise about 5% higher, but their slightly-added "thrum" is in the midrange of frequencies, so not objectionable. Traction in snow is better than Michelin Alpin's, worse than Bridgestone Blizzak's. Traction is quite good in the dry...a good choice for all-weather use.

OrangerGT

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Country flag
Try reducing your highway speeds to 65 or lower. The lower you go, the more efficient it will be. The car needs more and more energy to overcome air resistance above 55 mph. FYI for my GT PE, I get about 245 miles at 100% in the Bay Area in mixed driving. I bet I could stretch it to high 200s if I only took local expressways at 55 mph.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
I currently have a 7 week old Mach-E GT. Have currently 3k miles on the odometer. My 90% charge shows to be 200mi. (100% is just around 225mi). It used to be 265mi when full but I don't know where the 40mi range have dropped to? I have only charged it to 100% twice, otherwise I always charge to 90%. Any advice?
I had 3 EVs since 2018. The range on the GOM has been covered from head to toe, things like temps, hills, HVAC, driving style, etc. But this amount of a drop to me indicates a bad battery cell... There have been numerous examples of this in my Audi e-tron forum. I would certainly have the dealer look at this. I think something is wrong.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had 3 EVs since 2018. The range on the GOM has been covered from head to toe, things like temps, hills, HVAC, driving style, etc. But this amount of a drop to me indicates a bad battery cell... There have been numerous examples of this in my Audi e-tron forum. I would certainly have the dealer look at this. I think something is wrong.
Or a history reset, or....

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
It just seems to low of a range for even a reset.... And even if there was aggressive driving, unusual temperatures etc. I've had my GTPE for almost 6 months and almost always get 235 to 245 at a charge of 80%. Yesterday was actually 250 miles at 80%. My wife drives the car and treats it like any other ICE vehicle she has had. We have a lot of hills temps have been in the 90s and she runs the air conditioner all the time. My experience with the Mach-e is that its been very reliable in terms of the GOM. Something's not right if it's at 225.

20220918_095054.jpg

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Despite requests, OP fails to give his Wh/mi and does not show his efficiency screen.

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag
The GOM estimates future range based on actual energy usage over some period of time. A number of factors can lead to changes in energy usage, any one which will impact the GOM's estimate. Speed is usually the biggest factor, but others include outside temps, AC/heat usage, passenger/cargo weight, elevation changes, wind speed and direction, brake usage (regen or friction), and tire pressure.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
225 is pretty good for my GT-PE. Temps even dropping to 60° at night will make your car predict much less miles. Right now I actually show 240 miles (if I charged to 100%). But that’s reflective of not going over 55 MPH in the last couple days since my HVBJB went to limp mode.

kpr711

First Name
Car41
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE Shadow Black
Occupation
Sheep Dog
Country flag
Re: Crossclimate 2's, range about the same as the OEM Pirelli summer's, road noise about 5% higher, but their slightly-added "thrum" is in the midrange of frequencies, so not objectionable. Traction in snow is better than Michelin Alpin's, worse than Bridgestone Blizzak's. Traction is quite good in the dry...a good choice for all-weather use.
Thank you

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Would the battery State of Health (SOH) reveal a bad cell? Mine seems to be significantly lower than what others have reported.
Sponsored