ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I think it's awesome that Ford is able to get the MME AWD ER to match the 0-100 km/h time of the Model Y Long Range Dual Motor.

Unfortunately for Ford, Tesla has more performance margin to play with on the Y than Ford does with the non-GT.
I would suspect that Ford has more room to lower their 0-62 times than Tesla. Tesla has been tweaking for a while now. Ford isn't going to push it to the limit on release day.

...just my opinion.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I hope it it just the opposite and this is the non-performance GT. I will be disappointed if the performance doesn’t at least meet if not exceed the MY 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
Hopefully but it also states the following in the press release

"A bespoke specification includes MagneRide adaptive suspension, 20‑inch alloy wheels, red-painted brake callipers and unique exterior colours including Grabber Blue and Cyber Orange"

So that falls into what I thought would probably happen with the euro version just getting the top spec by default.

At the moment all we can say is that the GT was a very late addition and presumably has a lot of development work to still be carried out and hopefully time to implement changes over the standard mach-e beyond the cosmetic that one would expect from a performance model, such as faster steering ratio, revised suspension components. But with so little information it just going to have to be one of those we have to wait and see.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I would suspect that Ford has more room to lower their 0-62 times than Tesla. Tesla has been tweaking for a while now. Ford isn't going to push it to the limit on release day.

...just my opinion.
On the non-GTs, I wish that you were right but you have to consider the motor hardware. All wheel drive premium extended range MME has a 50 kW front motor and 216 kW rear motor.

Tesla Model Y dual motor long range uses the same motor hardware as the Performance variant (front 198.5 kW, rear 270.5 kW). Tesla is able to flip a switch if they'd like and turn a normal long range into a stealth Performance if they'd like.

Ford has the MME GT which uses at least one if not two different motors in order to match the performance of the Y. I speculated earlier in the BorgWarner post that the GT has a completely different motor set than the non-GTs.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We (UK) just got an email saying our Mach-E will have 5 year complimentary access to Ford Pass (we have to pay after 5 years!?) and that our Premium Access to IONITY charging network will be ÂŁ0.27p/kWh... everyone else is on ÂŁ0.69p/kWh.

Nice to get an email, but it’s a little underwhelming tbh.
The 5 year thing has been somewhat beaten to death on another thread from a while back but the short version of where we landed was that in the past, MyFord Mobile was supposed to have a 5 year timer, and that came and went with no change to functionality. We don't know what will happen here; we may be looking at a "year 6+ fee" or we may be looking at another "year 6+ we'll just let it go."

Given that the connected features on the MME are so far ahead of what the previous vehicles did (nav updates, traffic, etc. etc.), it wouldn't completely surprise me to see something have a cost after 5 years, but we just don't know for now.
Sponsored