Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
335 miles WLTP = 270 miles EPA, plus or minus a few miles
Well tesla model Y is:
314 mile wltp
316 mile epa

WLTP has a more consistent method of measuring EVs

In terms of 0-60, Tesla does a 1 ft roll out for their performance cars but does 0-60 for their other models. For electric cars, 1 ft rollouts yield a faster time than 0-60. Gas cars benefit more from a launch from being in the rev range and spooling up turbos if applicable.

I really hope the AWD Mach-e is capable of doing <=5 seconds 0-60.
Sponsored

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
In terms of 0-60, Tesla does a 1 ft roll out for their performance cars but does 0-60 for their other models.
That is is even worse should at least just pick one, which is some what of an issue I have with ford using 3.7 time as unless things have changed a 1ft roll out is not standard measuring in euro land (fine in USA as roll out seems to be the norm) so people see a number that isn't really apples vs apples.

As said all depends on what class they are comparing too I have seen macan turbo mentioned in ford comparisons so gives and idea of the class, still good job the germans tend to be very conservative with published times as the amg glc 63s and x4m competition have all posted quicker times than published figures, while the stelvio quadrifoglio is no slouch either. All of which gives ford a good benchmark so will be interesting to see how the GT develops and how far they push the performance

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is the 310 miles of WLTP target range for the GT new?
Hard to say. Since it says "targeted", maybe not. However the UK tech specs targeted 305 earlier in the year.

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
I am also curious about 0-100 and 0-60 of the other models. Currently info on website is confusing. For example RWD SR in UK 8sec, in Norway 7sec and in Netherlands 6sec. The 6sec is same as for the AWD SR with much more torque.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
After Ford announced that the Mach-E AWD ER matched 0-60 of the Model Y, Tesla bumped the acceleration with an optional $2000 upgrade.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Revealed for Europe, 3.7 second 0-100 km/h Acceleration, 5-years Access to FordPass Charging Network and 1-year IONITY Premium Access uf8i5guuc8p51

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Considering the 5.1 seconds 0-62 (0-100 km/h) of the AWD long range, what time should we expect from the AWD with standard battery?

Both have 428 lb-ft of torque with the same motors but the long range version has 346 horsepower vs 265 horsepower for the standard range battery.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
After Ford announced that the Mach-E AWD ER matched 0-60 of the Model Y, Tesla bumped the acceleration with an optional $2000 upgrade.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT Revealed for Europe, 3.7 second 0-100 km/h Acceleration, 5-years Access to FordPass Charging Network and 1-year IONITY Premium Access uf8i5guuc8p51
nah, you're imagining that - because Tesla has Ford beat on absolutely everything, especially technology - I've been told that on here and the Teslastans insist it's the case. So clearly, this is fake news.

?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag

uf8i5guuc8p51.jpg
The GT matched the Model Y Performance. This upgrade is for the non-Performance Model Y, which was already better than the non-GT Mach-E.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I see no mention of a performance edition a 0-62 of 3.7 would be close to a 3.5 0-60 so the ball park figure quoted for the performance version over here, maybe Europe will just get the performance model as standard seeing as all the euro mustangs where pp1 equipped .

Bit dubious using the 1ft roll as per the small print mind as that is typically not standard euro measuring, of course in its class gives them a lot of leeway as to what they are comparing to.
I hope it it just the opposite and this is the non-performance GT. I will be disappointed if the performance doesn’t at least meet if not exceed the MY 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
nah, you're imagining that - because Tesla has Ford beat on absolutely everything, especially technology - I've been told that on here and the Teslastans insist it's the case. So clearly, this is fake news.

?
I think it's awesome that Ford is able to get the MME AWD ER to match the 0-100 km/h time of the Model Y Long Range Dual Motor.

Unfortunately for Ford, Tesla has more performance margin to play with on the Y than Ford does with the non-GT.

At least Ford can counter with potentially more range than Tesla.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I hope it it just the opposite and this is the non-performance GT. I will be disappointed if the performance doesn’t at least meet if not exceed the MY 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the base MME GT that matches the Y Performance.

Ford is selling the MME as an alternative to the Y and so the performance specs need to compete. I think that based on some hints from @RunningHorse, the Y Performance may end up looking silly.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Also hope they don’t put a bunch of goofy fins on the GT performance.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
3.7 seconds!? That’s... disappointing.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
We (UK) just got an email saying our Mach-E will have 5 year complimentary access to Ford Pass (we have to pay after 5 years!?) and that our Premium Access to IONITY charging network will be ÂŁ0.27p/kWh... everyone else is on ÂŁ0.69p/kWh.

Nice to get an email, but it’s a little underwhelming tbh.
Sponsored