ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Why may I ask did you drive with 1PD off for the trip to and when you got to bottom of elevation?
yes, 1PD was disabled except for the downhill section of the return trip (Segment 3) while coming home.
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
yes, 1PD was disabled except for the downhill section of the return trip (Segment 3) while coming home.
I was wondering why you disabled it. You don't like driving in 1PD or was there some other reason it was disabled?

OP
OP
ElectrifyCLT

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I was wondering why you disabled it. You don't like driving in 1PD or was there some other reason it was disabled?
My sense is that it’s a bit more efficient to drive normally (without 1PD) on the highway. Anecdotally, Porsche figured out their Taycan got better range without 1PD so they didn’t even ship it with a full 1PD mode. I also remember Out of Spec mentioning something along similar lines. Something to do with off accelerator coasting.

The difference is marginal, but on road trips those margins add up

I actually love driving in 1PD around town and mostly keep it enabled, with the exception being road trips and long highway stints.

I plan on doing more of my own quantitative testing on this.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
My sense is that it’s a bit more efficient to drive normally (without 1PD) on the highway. Anecdotally, Porsche figured out their Taycan got better range without 1PD so they didn’t even ship it with a full 1PD mode. I also remember Out of Spec mentioning something along similar lines. Something to do with off accelerator coasting.

The difference is marginal, but on road trips those margins add up

I actually love driving in 1PD around town and mostly keep it enabled, with the exception being road trips and long highway stints.

I plan on doing more of my own quantitative testing on this.
Interesting, I love 1PD and use it everyday for my commute but I figured it would be more efficient in all situations. May have to try that the next time I road trip

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Hi all,
Thanks for these data. We're considering a Mach e for our second car (first is a Model Y) that would replace our 2017 Chevy Volt.
Sponsored