Mach E GT vs F-150 Lightning Drag Race; And the winner is.............

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yep, Iā€™m getting the same confirmation from the GSM where I bought my SS/Holden Commodore. Agree on Chris Farleyā€™s cousin, heā€™s a true car guy for sure but heā€™s gotta redeem himself now. GM isnā€™t messing about with their Ultium packs.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I really think everyone has this backwards.

This was an 1/8th mile race.

The GT is amazingly fast in the 1/8th.

This does not show us that the GT sucks.

This just shows us that the Lightning is awesome.

Look up other cars that run a 7.7 in the 1/8th mile. Then tell me if thatā€™s an embarrassing list to be a part of for a ā€œMustang GT.ā€

Ohā€¦.. and on that list, let me know which years of ICE Mustang GTs run a 7.7 stock. šŸ¤”
Yep. And then list what GTs have *Ever* had worse top end and 1/4 traps speeds than their 4 or 6 cyl stablemates. None. And thatā€™s the issue, as you know.

And just an fyi, there are numerous 10r80 ā€˜18+ GTs going 11.7-11.8 with no tuning. Just a sticky track. And, 120mph traps. Those guys are running the 7.7 1/8ths, just at 94+ mph instead of 87-88.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Well, idk. Depends on the relative importance the above 60 mph acceleration and high speed passing is to you I suppose. We also have a 4X as you probably know, and were wanting to trade up to a GTPE. Until the 5 second fiasco came to light. Now, weā€™ve reserved a Blazer SS.

If Ford makes changes that allow the GTs to perform as they should, and we expect, then Iā€™d have no qualms with forking over the $.

Man, every time I see your posts, I want to compliment that SS, I figured to finally do it, amazing car by the way, I always wanted to own that, a G8 or a Lumina SS, but they went up in price like crazy!
Amazing and underrated car.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Ah well i got to drive my GT on a real circuit last week (unbridled plus mode) and it was really cool. Got up to the maximum speed and the car handled really well. No it is not a racemachine for everyday, but come on guys, it is fun !

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, but straight line isn't the only thing. The Lightning is also very impressive. The Mach-E can't really corner like a sports car, but I am sure that the Lightning can't corner like anything other than a giant pick up truck.
Testing skid pad at .99g is pretty good For a 5000 lb car.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I really think everyone has this backwards.

This was an 1/8th mile race.

The GT is amazingly fast in the 1/8th.

This does not show us that the GT sucks.

This just shows us that the Lightning is awesome.

Look up other cars that run a 7.7 in the 1/8th mile. Then tell me if thatā€™s an embarrassing list to be a part of for a ā€œMustang GT.ā€

Ohā€¦.. and on that list, let me know which years of ICE Mustang GTs run a 7.7 stock. šŸ¤”
This is my take as well. That Lightning with the long-range pack is also...what, a $75-80+k vehicle?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. And then list what GTs have *Ever* had worse top end and 1/4 traps speeds than their 4 or 6 cyl stablemates. None. And thatā€™s the issue, as you know.
Hey my 4x is no v6. Them there are fighting words šŸ¤£. Plenty of passing presences which is all I require. Comparable to v8 not a 4 cylinder. At least my front inverter is not just floating around ;).

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
This is my take as well. That Lightning with the long-range pack is also...what, a $75-80+k vehicle?
2022's were. Pricing just dropped for 2023s and all trims are up $5k to $7k. That also pushes all ER trims on the Lighting above the $80k threshold for the tax credit, so and effective $14k to $15k increase for an ER Lightning.

So happy I was able to get an order in for a 2022.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
2022's were. Pricing just dropped for 2023s and all trims are up $5k to $7k. That also pushes all ER trims on the Lighting above the $80k threshold for the tax credit, so and effective $14k to $15k increase for an ER Lightning.

Wow that's crazy. I feel like I bought an EV before the prices got even more insane, but now have to hope whenever I want to trade this in I can afford whatever the hell it is they're selling next šŸ˜…

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
The Lariat which I believe is the best trim comes in at $80,000 and it's a lot more bang for the buck than the MME in my opinion, pure beast!

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

Question, where have you been able to find the price for the 23's, everything I've seen are just estimates? Thanks

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

And just an fyi, there are numerous 10r80 ā€˜18+ GTs going 11.7-11.8 with no tuning. Just a sticky track. And, 120mph traps. Those guys are running the 7.7 1/8ths, just at 94+ mph instead of 87-88.
So it is as fast in the 1/8th mile as the fastest Mustang GTs ever built in perfect conditionsā€¦..

How is that a bad thing?
Sponsored

Last edited: