Mach E GT vs F-150 Lightning Drag Race; And the winner is.............

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Actually no. Another 100 yards and the GT is still ahead.

Another 1/8th mile and theyā€™re even.

Then the lightning hits top speed (111 mph) right after the 1/4 mile.

The Lightning may pull slightly ahead, but the GT probably will never see tail lights.

Again, this 1/8 mile video doesnā€™t show the GT sucking. Just that the Lightning is awesome also.

Now if this was a roll race at highway speedsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ THAT video would show the GT sucking!

Again, this car is awesome in the 1/8 mile. This is an 1/8 mile video. No clue why people are talking about anything elseā€¦ā€¦..

If this were a braking video, it would be awesome.

If this were a handling video, it would be awesome.

If this were a beauty contest video, it would be awesome.

Itā€™s an 1/8 mile video, itā€™s awesome.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
So it is as fast in the 1/8th mile as the fastest Mustang GTs ever built in perfect conditionsā€¦..

How is that a bad thing?
Itā€™s not. If youā€™re on an 1/8th mile track. Otherwiseā€¦.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
2022's were. Pricing just dropped for 2023s and all trims are up $5k to $7k. That also pushes all ER trims on the Lighting above the $80k threshold for the tax credit, so and effective $14k to $15k increase for an ER Lightning.

So happy I was able to get an order in for a 2022.
I just looked and you aren't kidding. Even the 30A mobile charger is a $500 option now.

20220809_085301.jpg

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Itā€™s not. If youā€™re on an 1/8th mile track. Otherwiseā€¦.
Thatā€™s fair.

But again, this video was on and 1/8th mile track.

And everyone just wants to talk about what it canā€™t do.

We could also talk about how you can fit more blocks of concrete in the F150 and how it can tow and we canā€™tā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ but thatā€™s not what the video was about.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Thatā€™s fair.

But again, this video was on and 1/8th mile track.

And everyone just wants to talk about what it canā€™t do.

We could also talk about how you can fit more blocks of concrete in the F150 and how it can tow and we canā€™tā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ but thatā€™s not what the video was about.
I know, youā€™re right, it gets old but thatā€™s where we are now. Iā€™m disappointed that Ford can push a 6000lb Lightning with the frontal area of one of the Pyramids of Giza through the 1/4 mile 5-7mph faster than a GTPE. Thanks Ford šŸ˜ž

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Motor Trend got a 12.4@107 1/4 mile and a 3.8 0-60mph out of the Lightning Lariat that barely edged the Rivian R1T in a comparison. Iā€™ve seen no Mach E GT test from a mainstream source that can match that 12.4, not to mention the 107mph.

Ford blew it with the GT.
I hate to say it, but Kia put out a pretty decent version of a GT ev6 for $69k compared to Ford

Don't get me wrong.... I love my Select for what it is; a fun, stylish, practical SUV for $49k-7.5. I just would never consider the GT if I were after 'performance', especially any kind of competition on the track or drag strip.

Last edited:

Hardy1-76

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E-GT Performance
Occupation
Director
Country flag
I really think everyone has this backwards.

This was an 1/8th mile race.

The GT is amazingly fast in the 1/8th.

This does not show us that the GT sucks.

This just shows us that the Lightning is awesome.

Look up other cars that run a 7.7 in the 1/8th mile. Then tell me if thatā€™s an embarrassing list to be a part of for a ā€œMustang GT.ā€

Ohā€¦.. and on that list, let me know which years of ICE Mustang GTs run a 7.7 stock. šŸ¤”
Great comment. How many people will really drive their EV consistently on public roads above 100 miles??? More to a car other than just speed, and even there I find the 5 seconds rarely an issue, and the handling on day to day roads and some twists are quite good. The ride quality on the GTPE is amazing with magnetite. And yes the lightning is amazing regardless, Ford got them both right. Competition amongst the car makers is important t push their product development - in the end the consumer wins!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I can see the positive take that the Lighting is good, but I can't help but feel a little let down knowing that my GT "Performance Edition" will be near side to side with a giant pickup truck. I'm all for praising the Lightning, but I didn't buy a Lightning. I bought the top tier, performance oriented version of the Mach E that could get walked if you're a little asleep at the launch by a truck that weighs 1000lbs more.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Trust me, I get it. I have hundreds of posts complaining about the 5 second limit.

But againā€¦ā€¦ thatā€™s not what this video is about. Itā€™s an 1/8 mile video and the GT shines there.

I do disagree with your last statement though. I only bought it for the performance. And for how I drive and where I drive, itā€™s the best driving performance car Iā€™ve owned. Most fun to drive too!

My last 3 daily drivers-
2015 Chevy SS- intake/tune
2007 G35 sedan (stock, needed an car for kids)
2002 Trans Am (heads, cam, intake, tune, 9ā€ rear, manual)

And yes, theyā€™ve all been to the local drag strip.

Number of times Iā€™ve raced someone above 75mph (outside of the drag strip)- once.

Raced a corvette in the T/A (before heads/cam) to 135 with the t tops out. Never did it again!

To me? Acceleration past 5 seconds would be the ā€œparkour trickā€ as it would rarely be usedā€¦ā€¦.. but I still want it.

Still own-
69 Mustang Mach 1. 390 big block

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Man, every time I see your posts, I want to compliment that SS, I figured to finally do it, amazing car by the way, I always wanted to own that, a G8 or a Lumina SS, but they went up in price like crazy!
Amazing and underrated car.
šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Oh no it pounces all over my 87' GT, even on the track. I wonder if I take the T-tops off the 87' if it would be closer?
Sponsored