Mach E GT vs F-150 Lightning Drag Race; And the winner is.............

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
At the time it was absolutely my dream car! Dark blue top, silver grey bottom. More plastic ground "effects" than Pontiac even had!
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
At the time it was absolutely my dream car! Dark blue top, silver grey bottom. More plastic ground "effects" than Pontiac even had!
I’m your Huckleberry…..
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E GT vs F-150 Lightning Drag Race; And the winner is............. CC6B22E6-594B-4811-8492-60EDE21B4ACF

1988. Even kept the original baby blue stripes in the titanium ground effect trim. Ran 13.9s bone stock except for pulleys, cold air and 2 chamber Flows. After the Explorer/GT40 intake, headers, catted X-pipe and 3.73s it did 13.3s@104mph on drag radials. Not bad for stock heads and the speed density air metering. It was my nicest but slowest Fox body by far.

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I’m your Huckleberry…..
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E GT vs F-150 Lightning Drag Race; And the winner is............. CC6B22E6-594B-4811-8492-60EDE21B4ACF

1988. Even kept the original baby blue stripes in the titanium ground effect trim. Ran 13.9s bone stock except for pulleys, cold air and 2 chamber Flows. After the Explorer/GT40 intake, headers, catted X-pipe and 3.73s it did 13.3s@104mph on drag radials. Not bad for stock heads and the speed density air metering. It was my nicest but slowest Fox body by far.
That's is in great shape! Flashbacks for sure!

MJ's Mach E

First Name
Duffey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really think everyone has this backwards.

This was an 1/8th mile race.

The GT is amazingly fast in the 1/8th.

This does not show us that the GT sucks.

This just shows us that the Lightning is awesome.

Look up other cars that run a 7.7 in the 1/8th mile. Then tell me if that’s an embarrassing list to be a part of for a “Mustang GT.”

Oh….. and on that list, let me know which years of ICE Mustang GTs run a 7.7 stock. 🤔
Well said. To everyone else, isn't the MME an SUV? It is not a sports car. And do you really need a vehicle that can run a sub 7 second 1/8th mile to drive to work, to school, or the grocery store?

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag

We all get what you're saying but at the same time.... that's almost 90mph. I hope you're not going from a dead stop to 90mph at a stoplight on a city street. Thats getting pretty irresponsible.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Well said. To everyone else, isn't the MME an SUV? It is not a sports car. And do you really need a vehicle that can run a sub 7 second 1/8th mile to drive to work, to school, or the grocery store?
While not everyone that got a GT/GTPE will have got it for performance reasons, the issue here is not that does someone really need a vehicle with such performance as why bother with a premium trim when the select is fine.

The issue is that Ford especially the marketing department has promoted on the performance aspect which engineering has hopelessly failed to deliver on. When the GT trims command a premium price part of which is supposed to be cost of increased performance it needs to actual justify that cost increase.

If instead it was marketed as what it really is an AWD Premium+ with a bit more oomph, an objectively better looking front end with some larger wheels and benefits of magneride, I doubt there would be any issue but it wasn't. When your supposed performance BEV is bested in key aspects of performance by your non raptor BEV pickup you have seriously messed up.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
While not everyone that got a GT/GTPE will have got it for performance reasons, the issue here is not that does someone really need a vehicle with such performance as why bother with a premium trim when the select is fine.

The issue is that Ford especially the marketing department has promoted on the performance aspect which engineering has hopelessly failed to deliver on. When the GT trims command a premium price part of which is supposed to be cost of increased performance it needs to actual justify that cost increase.

If instead it was marketed as what it really is an AWD Premium+ with a bit more oomph, an objectively better looking front end with some larger wheels and benefits of magneride, I doubt there would be any issue but it wasn't. When your supposed performance BEV is bested in key aspects of performance by your non raptor BEV pickup you have seriously messed up.
To be fair, the Lightning is a performance nameplate for the F-150. Previous generations have been known to be faster than same year mustangs.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8575-mustang-vs-lightning-bang-for-the-buck.html

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
No don't need it, but it's great to know it can if I so desire!
Sponsored