Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Happy New Year Mach-E compadres!

I’v had my GT (Non PE) for a month now and just wanted to share my take on the car and what I love and what I think could be better

In most aspects I’m comparing the MME GT to the SUV it replaced (Jaguar F-Pace 35T) the current equivalente model would be the P340 F-Pace S, which is the sports 340 HP v6 engine

Although the comparison is very particular to what I have driven, it can give you an idea of competing SUV’s in the segment be it EV vs ICE

They are roughly the same price ~$60K depending on options, although the GT has the advantage here on the Tax Deductions.
  • Performance:
    • The GT beats the F-Pace in all metrics except top Speed (155 MPH for the Jag)
    • GT 0 to 60 is just so darn quick! (3.67 as measured with OBDLink MX+ in my case)
      • This never ceases to impress and will beat most that want to test you in the short sprint, even sports Cars!, but a couple of things to consider about this (you have been warned!):
        • 1 - Suddenly accelerating without warning your passenger will scare the hell our of them, this is the fastest way to get my wife to yell at me.
        • 2 - While riding as passenger with my son driving (like a typical teenager driving a fast car) I actually got sick!
        • 3 - You will be tempted to floor-it every chance you get, just be aware this will definitely affect your range
    • In fact accelerating from anywhere < 70 MPH is really good and will beat almost all SUV out there
    • Highway passing acceleration (70 to 90) is actually OK, its definitely tamer at higher speeds and nothing compared to the acceleration you feel in the < 70 MPH but again its better than the F-Pace and the Jag was not bad at all
      • On this point I actually took some metrics, and you have to look at the numbers to be objective as the seat of the pants feel is so much more tamed at these speeds compared to the 0 to 60 thrill, that you assume its much worse, The GT took 3.76s to go from crusing @ 70 to 90 which is not bad

• Driving:
    • I have not had the chance to really test the GT in all conditions but I would say they are similarly capable
    • The GT handles well for its weight and its even better at stoping Than the Jag
    • Where the Jag definitely wins over the GT is suspension, the GT is BOUNCY when in rough roads, this is actually the only thing that in my view would be worth considering the GT Performance edition (the Magneride suspension)
      • To be clear, when driving in good road conditions the GT drives really well, its very smooth and composed, and the stiff suspension behaves really well in twisting roads, so it behaves like a sporty (Mustang) suspensions
      • Also, when riding in whisper the car is very smooth and quiet in the city, my wife really likes it (you do feel the difference in things like regenerating break in the different modes)
    • Ground clearance also goes to the Jag by far, I don’t think anybody is thinking of the GT for off-roading but be aware that the GT is actually lower than a regular Mustang! (just 5.3”). This is important to consider even when trying to clear things like my driveway which tree roots have made uneven.
    • Another aspect I feel the Jag was better was in turning radius, the GT is not bad but I do notice the difference
    • Seats are very good on both and although I have not had very long drives, a couple of 2 hrs drives the GT was very comfortable
    • One thing I do miss from the Jag is the sound from exhaust, Jaguar has some of the best sounding engines!

• Quality:
    • Build quality I think the Jag is better, not that I have had any problems with the GT but the Jag just feels more solid, that said the GT is good and definitely better than a TELSA.
    • Interior quality also feels plusher on the Jag but the GT is quite nice and looks very good, nothing to complain so far
    • Sound system I would say are both good (Meridian on Jag, B&O GT) not spectacular in either but good

• Looks:
    • Of course this os completely subjective but both are very nice and aggressive/sport looking, both also keep with the Brand Looks (I actually like the idea of the Mach-E being Mustang)
    • The GT grabs your attention (specially in Cyber Orange) and given there are so few on the street. I get a lot of looks and questions

• TCO:
    • To early to tell on the long term, the Jag has every service covered with no charge and during the 5 years I kept it only major service cost was replacing the tires and a fuel injection clean-up.
    • I can tell you that I’m saving a least a $100 a month on Gas!

So, overall I’m very happy with the MME GT and except for the magneride I think the non PE is a better bang for your buck.

Today we finally had an overcast day here in Miami so I had a chance to clean and apply some graphene flex wax, I’v also had the windows tinted and did a wrap bar on the back I really liked from a post from Mach Daddy . Really like how it turned out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs Jaguar F-Pace S 20220109_144236
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs Jaguar F-Pace S 20220109_144215

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
how long and how hard to install that back wrap......looks awesome !

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thnx for the info, so many prospective buyers want to know these things.
I have the GTPerformance and the magnaride is helpful in a smooth ride, but on a bumpy road it can bounce a bit. It’s a sports car not a luxury sedan, it’s positive steering is impressive. But if one is used to a soft suspension it may be awhile before getting used to it. I love it. So fun to drive, I’m now volunteering to run errands!?‍♀

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I cross shopped many luxury ICE SUVs berore ultimately getting the MME AWD ER. Honestly the MME blew most other ones (Lexus, Infiniti, Alfa Romeo) away...except the F Pace. I LOVED my test drive in a 2020 version, and the 2021 edition was even better. But they wouldn't budge on price, which ultimately led me to the MME.

I'm super happy with my MME so I'm happy with how my scenario played out. But the F pace is such a great car too, especially the interior. Can't go wrong

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
How’s the reliability in the F Pace? My wife really wanted that car but Jaguar are known to be expensive to maintain

OP
OP
JcMarin

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
how long and how hard to install that back wrap......looks awesome !
I had someone do it (I toyed with the idea of doing it myself but its somewhat complicated because you have all these recesses in the taillights)

They took about 1.5 hours to install and charged me $120

OP
OP
JcMarin

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
How’s the reliability in the F Pace? My wife really wanted that car but Jaguar are known to be expensive to maintain
I bought mine after the lease as I was very happy with it and it never gave me a problem

They include 5 years of free service and warranty so only thing you need to pay for are things like tires and some other things considered "consumables" not covered by standard service or warranty

once the 5 years are over, service would be quite expensive if you do them with Jaguar shop

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Thanks for the comparison. IMO, the GT wins the ground clearance metric also. Performance vehicles, including performance SUVs, should sit low. Heck, I think that the GT should be another half inch lower than it currently sits.

OP
OP
JcMarin

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Thanks for the comparison. IMO, the GT wins the ground clearance metric also. Performance vehicles, including performance SUVs, should sit low. Heck, I think that the GT should be another half inch lower than it currently sits.
Well you have a point there in that the GT is not really an SUV but rather a sports car with room for the groceries...

Proof of that is both the ground clearance and the fact that it can't tow anything, as long as you are using it as a sports car its fine, but people buying it should be aware than its not really an SUV you can tow your boat or go off-road at all

Thats fine with me as I don't have a boat (I get sick in a rocker chair) and Miami is as flat as a pancake

Last edited:

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I cross shopped many luxury ICE SUVs berore ultimately getting the MME AWD ER. Honestly the MME blew most other ones (Lexus, Infiniti, Alfa Romeo) away...except the F Pace. I LOVED my test drive in a 2020 version, and the 2021 edition was even better. But they wouldn't budge on price, which ultimately led me to the MME.

I'm super happy with my MME so I'm happy with how my scenario played out. But the F pace is such a great car too, especially the interior. Can't go wrong
Did you drive the Stelvio? If so, did you drive a Quadrifoglio model? Just curious, as my wife is considering a drive in a Stelvio also with how long the MME is taking.

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I also came from owning two prior F-Paces (3.0 S V6 and later a 5.0 SVR v8 below) but was looking to downsize in size but also monthly costs. For this reason I went for the AWD Ext, but I'm totally happy with my decision. Like OP, I occasionally miss the noise of the v8 but the Mustang is a much 'cooler' car in my opinion and gets significantly more attention than the Jag where in this part of the UK are really quite common!

No regrets at all ultimately, and agree with the above points. I'd add I find the non-GT seats a little too flat/squishy (especially compared to the bucket seats in the SVR) but I've got used to that. Would have preferred the GT seats for that reason.

The tech in the Mustang is also far ahead than that in my old FPace, even compared to the latest Jag infotainment, and all largely included as standard in the AWD Ext spec compared to the very expensive list options on the Jag. E.g. I didn't even have adaptive cruise, 360 camera or blind spot detection before despite it being an SVR.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs Jaguar F-Pace S MVIMG_20200726_132617

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Did you drive the Stelvio? If so, did you drive a Quadrifoglio model? Just curious, as my wife is considering a drive in a Stelvio also with how long the MME is taking.
No i didn't. I saw a 2020 Stelvio on the dealer floor so i got the chance to sit in it and get a feel before test driving it. But the interior was very cramped (especially the rear) and the whole interior just felt cheap - certainly not worthy of a $50k car. The 2021 edition wasn't supposed to improve any of these shortcomings significantly so i didn't even bother with the test drive.

OP
OP
JcMarin

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
I also came from owning two prior F-Paces (3.0 S V6 and later a 5.0 SVR v8 below) but was looking to downsize in size but also monthly costs. For this reason I went for the AWD Ext, but I'm totally happy with my decision. Like OP, I occasionally miss the noise of the v8 but the Mustang is a much 'cooler' car in my opinion and gets significantly more attention than the Jag where in this part of the UK are really quite common!

No regrets at all ultimately, and agree with the above points. I'd add I find the non-GT seats a little too flat/squishy (especially compared to the bucket seats in the SVR) but I've got used to that. Would have preferred the GT seats for that reason.

The tech in the Mustang is also far ahead than that in my old FPace, even compared to the latest Jag infotainment, and all largely included as standard in the AWD Ext spec compared to the very expensive list options on the Jag. E.g. I didn't even have adaptive cruise, 360 camera or blind spot detection before despite it being an SVR.

MVIMG_20200726_132617.jpg
Thats a nice SVR!

Coming from the S and then SVR I think you would enjoy the GT more

When I was writing the comparison I was thinking the SVR would be the one that could beat the GT on performance, but you would have to add at least $20K to go to the SVR

Your right on the tech as well my F-Pace was no where near the functionality of the MME, it did't even have AA or CP, but since I was comparing a car 5 years older I thought it was not a fair comparison

Another good point when you talk bout not just the Jags but any high end SUV is that anything you add to the options increases the price very quickly!

The options for the MME GT are few as most in included and are reasonably priced

I do wish they allowed things like the magneride or wheels as options to the list, but I guess that would already be the GT PE package

Last edited:

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I had someone do it (I toyed with the idea of doing it myself but its somewhat complicated because you have all these recesses in the taillights)

They took about 1.5 hours to install and charged me $120
It looks REALLY NICE. ?
Sponsored