Mach E GT vs MYP Drag Race

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag
I thought the 5 seconds is for rolling starts not just starting from a stop?

Ford will figure this out I’m sure, 2026?

Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
No you didn’t. It’s been covered in many discussions that you were a part of.

You get a few seconds from a roll (depending on the speed). You only get 5 from a stop.

They also only did 1 roll race and the Y jumped, so not really a good comparison.

At least we now have this same video in all 3 forum sections it could possibly be posted!

OP
OP

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag

You get a few seconds from a roll (depending on the speed). You only get 5 from a stop.

They also only did 1 roll race and the Y jumped, so not really a good comparison.

At least we now have this same video in all 3 forum sections it could possibly be posted!
It’s a 10+ mph trap difference, the roll race won’t go in the Mach E’s favor even if it jumped.

? to 2026!

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

D-bags gonna d bag, right? Imaginary GT-500 and all.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
It’s a 10+ mph trap difference, the roll race won’t go in the Mach E’s favor even if it jumped.

? to 2026!
I say the trap speed issue will be corrected long before you Eloniacs get a driver info display/HUD, build quality better than Soviet-era Ladas or Yugos, and can meet/exceed EPA range estimates in any conditions other than hypermiling. But hey, who’s keeping score?

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag

Ford will figure this out I’m sure, 2026?
Yes, intuition says Ford will fix their battery pack issue. They are investing in their own battery manufacturing so they will be able to better control battery development. Now as to when, I am hoping that they improve the thermal issues of the pack they have before 2026. But I doubt they have anything for 2022. Just a guess by the way.

The F150 Lightning will need much better thermal management than the Mach-e has. It has been said that they will begin manufacturing the Lightning spring of 2022.

OP
OP

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag
I say the trap speed issue will be corrected long before you Eloniacs get a driver info display/HUD, build quality better than Soviet-era Ladas or Yugos, and can meet/exceed EPA range estimates in any conditions other than hypermiling. But hey, who’s keeping score?
But if I’m always looking in my rear view mirror at you, what’s the point of the HUD?