llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had opportunity to see up close Mach-e GT. Great looking vehicle. Just got two issues. First, hope Ford is listening, but please make over the interior to look more like a traditional Mustang dash/instrumentation panel. Secondly, have to reduce cost some way. A base Mustang GT is around $39,000 and a premium for $43,000. Even with tax credit, Mach-e GT is about $53,000. That puts it out of reach for a lot of traditional Mustang buyers. So, those buyers will probably go with Mustang GT.
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The problem with that is then ford would have to lower the rest of the mmes. cars are so expensive now, when you compare $65,000 to other high end cars the price of the GT is about right. Over time the ev may have a reduced price, but for now we are paying for the original design, production and infrastructure for charging , etc.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Had opportunity to see up close Mach-e GT. Great looking vehicle. Just got two issues. First, hope Ford is listening, but please make over the interior to look more like a traditional Mustang dash/instrumentation panel. Secondly, have to reduce cost some way. A base Mustang GT is around $39,000 and a premium for $43,000. Even with tax credit, Mach-e GT is about $53,000. That puts it out of reach for a lot of traditional Mustang buyers. So, those buyers will probably go with Mustang GT.
The Mach E isn't meant as a replacement to the ICE mustang. It's an addition to the Mustang lineup.

I have a feeling you'll see an EV version of a coupe mustang at some point.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The Mach E isn't meant as a replacement to the ICE mustang. It's an addition to the Mustang lineup.

I have a feeling you'll see an EV version of a coupe mustang at some point.
And the EV coupe will be more expensive than the ICE version. They have to recoup engineering costs somehow. ?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Don't forget to factor in the cost savings on fuel and maintenance (mostly fuel). Depending on your situation (driving distance, electricity rates, cost for gasoline, credit rating, etc), that can be worth $10k to $20k off the price in terms of monthly payments!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think a big part of it is still the battery cost, there is still a ways to go before there is price parity between ICE and BEV, but the tax credit helps a lot.

Aside from that though, SUVs generally cost more than sedans/coupes, so I think the Mach-E will always cost more, even when there is eventually a BEV Mustang Coupe.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
My assumption is that when the traditional coupe Mustang has an EV option (or they drop the ICE completely) in 2-3 years, they'll rename the MachE to something else. Really can't compare the 2. It was a marketing ploy to get attention, I'll let Ford determine if it was successful.
But as an owner of a MachE GTPE for the last 2 months, I can say the cost and looooong wait was worth it for what I wanted and expected.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
From someone else on here the battery is $29000, so where exactly would you like to make the cuts??

OP
OP

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If the cost of battery packs can't be reduced over time, then looks like my best option is to forget about an EV and go with a Mustang ICE and hang onto it. Problem solved.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
If the cost of battery packs can't be reduced over time, then looks like my best option is to forget about an EV and go with a Mustang ICE and hang onto it. Problem solved.
I mean, most states have additional payments that help. Here in California I got $1,500 off at the dealer, $2,500 Ford Options rebate, California $2k rebate is on its way and then the $7,500 rebate. So, after taxes on that GT, you'll be around $45k, maybe less. Then you save money on gas, maintenance that most people don't seem to account for, even brakes last insanely long because you're not using friction brakes that much.

I think it is super comparable price wise.

Bueller

First Name
Bueller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Public Affairs
Country flag
I love the interior of the GT. Never once compared it to a previous Mustang.
Sponsored