Mach e GTPE Loosing power after just 5sec and even less after just 2 fast corners

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
You don't really think Ford acted arbitrary or capriciously limiting the power. Over 1000A is drawn from the battery at maximum acceleration. So perhaps Ford thought that you wouldn't appreciate if the battery died after a day of crazy driving. Or perhaps they didn't want you starting fire after the tenth loop.
Thanks for your answer?
What I didn't appreciate that Ford never said anything about this loosing of power to his potential customers. Other company like Porche Audi tell you the car has a launch boost and then consistent minor power that anyway is much more the the GTPE on the top trims but understand are more expansive too.
And let me think that Tesla has better experience and technology when talking about EV because doesn't have this limitation or at least has much less and doesn't need to cut the power after just 5sec or 2 corners at speed.
And I never liked Tesla I always thought was overvalued and I never liked the look of them especially Model y Performance for this I waited for the Mach-e GTPE but this is letting me change my mind
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
No problem man actually please correct my grammar..one because I write fast and don't review second and most important? because I'm italian and I need to improve my english??
I can guarantee that your English is better than my Italian!

Ciao!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It is what it is. Whining about it with yet another thread isn't going to change it
Who knows, more whining may mean more attention, which could mean ford takes notice. doesn't hurt to be the squeaky wheel sometimes. I'm not a track guy, but I certainly do think Ford needs to consider addressing this.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think he did the right thing by creating a separate thread, the more complaints the faster Ford fixes this. Like I said in another thread, it's as simple as creating another Driving Mode with a Disclaimer.

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for your answer?
What I didn't appreciate that Ford never said anything about this loosing of power to his potential customers. Other company like Porche Audi tell you the car has a launch boost and then consistent minor power that anyway is much more the the GTPE on the top trims but understand are more expansive too.
And let me think that Tesla has better experience and technology when talking about EV because doesn't have this limitation or at least has much less and doesn't need to cut the power after just 5sec or 2 corners at speed.
And I never liked Tesla I always thought was overvalued and I never liked the look of them especially Model y Performance for this I waited for the Mach-e GTPE but this is letting me change my mind
If you notice, Ford never quoted 1/4 mile times. Only 0-60 - that was done on purpose. Fords engineer for the battery and motors was at the San Francisco press release last month. He indicated that Ford new the MME GT would not perform as well as the equivalent Tesla Performance variant at speed, or in the 1/4 mile. He also said that OTA’s will address certain performance concerns. I have a GT Non PE and very happy with it. I came from a Model 3 performance I had for 3.5 years… I don’t miss it at all. Overall, I prefer the MME GT. Granted to be fair, I don’t and won’t track the GT ever. I have a lightweight track car already. IMO, a 5200lbs GTPE, regardless of HP, 5 second boost, etc etc is WAY TOO HEAVY for that purpose - ? and yea it weighs just over that - a member had his weighed with no one in it!

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any way Ford was measleading with the marketing of the car didn't mention this at all. If I knew probably I wasn't order one and saved the money for a Tesla Y performance that I never liked and looks like a Fish/Panda mix? handle bad but at least push hard and it is fun.
What Tesla does on the 3 and Y is increase the coolant through the system by 300%. There's no throttle back on the power unless the car is driven hard for 3-4 minutes.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
What Tesla does on the 3 and Y is increase the coolant through the system by 300%. There's no throttle back on the power unless the car is driven hard for 3-4 minutes.
there ya go....
if ya wanna push the MME, without hacking software or shortening battery life, we'll have to increase coolant flow, or reduce inlet coolant temp.

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
The problem of unbridled extend is that reduce the power since the beginning you have 3/4 of power available and you can start it just when the car is in perfect cooling condition
This isn't anything crazy. This even happens in the ice world of performance cars. Street cars don't have the cooling to sustain the power modern engines/motors put out. Instead of having to run crazy cooling they often give you either short bursts of max power, or a reduced but sustainable peak. My focus RS does this same thing with it's "overboost".

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This isn't anything crazy. This even happens in the ice world of performance cars. Street cars don't have the cooling to sustain the power modern engines/motors put out. Instead of having to run crazy cooling they often give you either short bursts of max power, or a reduced but sustainable peak. My focus RS does this same thing with it's "overboost".
Yup and another issue all ice cars face, especially when tracked, which reduces power is Heat Soak!

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who knows, more whining may mean more attention, which could mean ford takes notice. doesn't hurt to be the squeaky wheel sometimes. I'm not a track guy, but I certainly do think Ford needs to consider addressing this.
Yes and I would lime let Ford know though my dealership too..maybe if all the GT owner feel this problem complain to Ford they should be pushed to do something..I know people that complained for the Premium model and Ford was very collaborative try to help the clients

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yes and I would lime let Ford know though my dealership too..maybe if all the GT owner feel this problem complain to Ford they should be pushed to do something..I know people that complained for the Premium model and Ford was very collaborative try to help the clients
Well even if ford doesn't read the forums, thid did make it into a few online news magazines/blogs, so I'm sure they are aware.

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you notice, Ford never quoted 1/4 mile times. Only 0-60 - that was done on purpose. Fords engineer for the battery and motors was at the San Francisco press release last month. He indicated that Ford new the MME GT would not perform as well as the equivalent Tesla Performance variant at speed, or in the 1/4 mile. He also said that OTA’s will address certain performance concerns. I have a GT Non PE and very happy with it. I came from a Model 3 performance I had for 3.5 years… I don’t miss it at all. Overall, I prefer the MME GT. Granted to be fair, I don’t and won’t track the GT ever. I have a lightweight track car already. IMO, a 5200lbs GTPE, regardless of HP, 5 second boost, etc etc is WAY TOO HEAVY for that purpose - ? and yea it weighs just over that - a member had his weighed with no one in it!

Yes but even if Ford covered itself is not fair for the customers that than like me feel this limitation in real life. Is not just if you track the car but even if you push the car on the street with 2 or 3 full acceleration in a row??
How was your exsperience with the Tesla..did you ever had overheating or/and loosing of power like the MACH-E GT OR GTPE?
Thanks

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Yes but even if Ford covered itself is not fair for the customers that than like me feel this limitation in real life. Is not just if you track the car but even if you push the car on the street with 2 or 3 full acceleration in a row??
How was your exsperience with the Tesla..did you ever had overheating or/and loosing of power like the MACH-E GT OR GTPE?
Thank

Yes i know even gas engines lose power with the heat but the GTPE passes from 100% of power to 55% after 5 sec
The difference is to notable maybe if Ford were engineering to let the GTPE loose power gradually was better

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford should something like this with the Mach e gt..3-4 minutes are decent..you will have the problem just if you track the car hard ..but will fix the real life situation
Sponsored